Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Official EWN Foodie Hangout and Recipe Exchange

Over the past five or so years, cooking has essentially surpassed gaming in terms of my primary hobby. I now cook probably 4 or 5 nights a week- part of that is out of necessity because my girl can't cook for fuck, plus I hate fast food and everything that whole culture of sloppiness entails- and one of those nights always has to include a recipe that I've never made before. I thought by doing a recipe exchange, maybe some of you could assist providing me with some exciting new stuff to test out in the lab. I personally have hundreds of my own recipes to share, and I'll happily take some requests to see if I have anything in my prized recipe box that could potentially help you guys out.

This thread isn't just for recipe exchanging, either. If you have some good foodie stories to share, please do. Any dives in your town that people need to know about? By all means, feel free to do your endorsing here.

I'll start with some simple grilling recipes in a moment, but first I wanted to share this:

Ordered this sucker off of Amazon this morning, hope to have it mid-week. I think the first thing I'm going to do on it is going to have to be ribs. Definitely pork. Probably a smokey chipotle and lime sauce for the finish.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    *drools* That piece of equipment looks the pretty freaking awesome Ape.

I'm attempting grilled tuna steaks tonight with a honey dijon rice wine vinegar soy marinade. I'll let you know how it goes. I would welcome any tuna or salmon steak recipes you might have to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    *drools* That piece of equipment looks the pretty freaking awesome Ape.

I'm attempting grilled tuna steaks tonight with a honey dijon rice wine vinegar soy marinade. I'll let you know how it goes. I would welcome any tuna or salmon steak recipes you might have to share.
    Man, I love tuna steaks. That marinade sounds tasty, too. Definitely let me know how those turn out.

I have a fantastic family recipe for a baked salmon that is pretty non-threatening stuff for those who may be a little frightened by their kitchen. After I get a couple of flank steak marinades posted up, I'll see if I can't dig it out (I know most of it by heart, but I want to double-check just to make sure I'm not forgetting anything important).

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Man, I love tuna steaks. That marinade sounds tasty, too. Definitely let me know how those turn out.

I have a fantastic family recipe for a baked salmon that is pretty non-threatening stuff for those who may be a little frightened by their kitchen. After I get a couple of flank steak marinades posted up, I'll see if I can't dig it out (I know most of it by heart, but I want to double-check just to make sure I'm not forgetting anything important).
    Sounds Awesome Ape I will definitely look out for this thread as time goes on.

My recipe of choice this week is Chicken and Bacon Gnocchi:

Pretty simple stuff really all you need to serve two is a
    700 gram pack of Gnocchi
    6 medium sized rashers of bacon
    Some breast Chicken: I use around 500 grams but I love my chicken
    Cream
    Onion

So basically you boil some water in a pot and while thats boiling, heat your fry pan in preperation of your Chicken first (leave the bacon to later as its better non crisped)
    Gnocchi only takes around 5-7 minutes to cook so as your about to add the gnocchi in the pot fry some onion for about 45 seconds to a minute and then add the chicken to fry.
    In a separate pan heat up to a medium heat and add bacon when you are just about ready to rinse the gnocchi
    This is where timing comes into it, empty the pot of water from the gnocchi quickly as you still want it moist and not dried out and as soon as you get the gnocchi back into the pot add the cooked chicken breast and the cream and have on low to medium heat.
    While you are stirring this cook you bacon lightly as you only want it juicy not crisp.
    Once you had cooked the bacon quickly cut it into strips and throw it into the pot and cook until hot.

Very simple but very nice
    Israel Pamich
    Number 1 Contender for the RTE Championship
    Fight Night IV
    ​RTE Championship Match
    Alex Wildheart (C) v Israel Pamich

Domination
    Number 1 Contenders for the EWNCW World Tag Team Titles at:
    In Violence We Trust
    EWNCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    Mixed Emotions (C) v Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Alright, here's that bright, creamy baked salmon dish whose recipe I snagged from my dad and step-mom (it's her mom's recipe, I believe):

My Not-Grandma's Creamy Baked Salmon w/ Mustard and Dill

4 Filets of Salmon (roughly 6oz. apiece)
    1 Cup Sour Cream
    1/3 Cup of fresh Dill (finely chopped)
    3 tbsp. of a nice Hearty Mustard (a variety w/ dill and capers would be ideal)
    1 tbsp. Honey

Half a Lemon (zested and juiced)
    1 Shallot (minced)
    Salt (to taste)
    Fresh Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place filets on a wire rack and pat dry with paper towels.

2. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set half of the mixture aside to be served alongside the finished fish on the table, and liberally spoon the remaining half of the mixture atop your filets.

3. Place in your heated oven for roughly 20 minutes.

4. Remove from the oven and, well, enjoy! That's all there is to it.

*Serving Suggestion: Goes great alongside some potatoes gently roasted in duck-fat and tarragon.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I don't know if Baking counts as cooking, but yh I can make a mean Lemon Cake.

Blog Entries
    Alright, here's that bright, creamy baked salmon dish whose recipe I snagged from my dad and step-mom (it's her mom's recipe, I believe):

1 Cup Sour Cream
    1 tbsp. Honey

1 Shallot (minced)
    Salt (to taste)

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place filets on a wire rack and pat dry with paper towels.

2. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set half of the mixture aside to be served alongside the finished fish on the table, and liberally spoon the remaining half of the mixture atop your filets.

*Serving Suggestion: Goes great alongside some potatoes gently roasted in duck-fat and tarragon.
    I don't really get all the fuss about Salmon, personally I don't like it, do you think this would work with another fish?
    THIS MAN IS GOING TO BE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ONE DAY...

Quote Originally Posted by eboy View Post
    I don't really get all the fuss about Salmon, personally I don't like it, do you think this would work with another fish?
    Flavor profiles vary from fish to fish, so I definitely wouldn't recommend transposing the exact same recipe to some other random fish; it would throw the balance completely off.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    The tuna I cooked last night was great. Here's the marinade I used;

• 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
    • 1 tablespoon honey
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
    • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white vinegar

Blog Entries

1 Cup Sour Cream
    1 tbsp. Honey

1 Shallot (minced)
    Salt (to taste)

Gonna try this tonight