Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Kenny King leaves ROH; what next for the tag titles?

So basically one half of the tag team champions, Kenny King, has left Ring of Honor for TNA This upsets me greatly, not only because he was such a great talent, but because they finally pulled the plug and gave ANX the tag championships. This leaves Rhett Titus in a very bad position, so what do you think they'll do.

Me personally, I think they'll have a tournament to crown the new tag team champions.

The Briscoes
    Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team
    Guardians of Truth
    The Bravadoes
    Coleman & Alexander
    livE (Corino & Jacobs)
    The Young Bucks (brought back early from their Summer break)
    Rhett Titus + one other

I think they may give Rhett Titus TJ Perkins to team with. I think they could be a great team, and it would finally give TJP something to do. Who would win? I don't know, they could probably go one of four ways. There is the safe options, give The Briscoes an eighth title reign, or you could take a risk and give them to Titus & ???, hoping they team well. The third option would be to give them to livE, furthering the Hostile Takeover
    "The Best of British" Rob Rage

HWA Midcarder of the Year 2011
    Longest Reigning HWA Universal Champion Ever
    EWA, HWA, AWF, JBW, IWA & BitW Legend
    Real HWA Supremacy World Champion
    IWA Insane Asylum Winner 2012
    First Ever JBW Underground Champion
    EWN Midcarder of the Year 2012
    EWN Promo of the Year 2012

Kenny King is going to be pretty psyched about his choice when ROH is out of business in two years and he has relatively solid work in the X Division.

This is a pretty unprofessional move from ROH, by the way. It's airing dirty laundry on facebook instead of quietly dealing with it and saying he was stripped on the title. They're attempting to create a backlash amongst their hardcore fans, but most of those fans can see that this was the better choice.

Also hearing a rumor that ROH put the tag titles on ANX in a effort to get Kenny King to stay.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Kenny King is going to be pretty psyched about his choice when ROH is out of business in two years and he has relatively solid work in the X Division.

This is a pretty unprofessional move from ROH, by the way. It's airing dirty laundry on facebook instead of quietly dealing with it and saying he was stripped on the title. They're attempting to create a backlash amongst their hardcore fans, but most of those fans can see that this was the better choice.

Also hearing a rumor that ROH put the tag titles on ANX in a effort to get Kenny King to stay.
    You seem pretty down on ROH... I think it's in for a period of growth, but that's another story

In regards to ROH being unproffessional, they just put it on their website, and everything on there they copy to their facebook. Kenny is the one who has broken the verbal agreement. I just feel sorry for Rhett.

^^^Views of a ROH mark^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Robareid View Post
    You seem pretty down on ROH... I think it's in for a period of growth, but that's another story

In regards to ROH being unproffessional, they just put it on their website, and everything on there they copy to their facebook. Kenny is the one who has broken the verbal agreement. I just feel sorry for Rhett.

The only thing I feel sorry for Rhett for is that he didn't get the invite as well. As great as the ANX was, King would definately make a suitable replacement for A Double moving to the main event. If anything, I hate that it happend the way it did, but King took a chance to be viewed on a national platform, LIVE. He even overcame the fact that his opponent couldn't keep pace and still made him seem credible. King might not have showed "Honor" in the way that it is coming across from ROH's view, but then again we don't really know what the verbal agreement was other than what the website has told us at this point. I think King made a good move in showing his talent while he wasn't under contract. I think ROH made a bad move in taking a "verbal/handshake" agreement as a fact. We all know (especially Cornett) that verbal agreements in wrestling haven't had much meaning since the 70s

I agree with you , but i cant see ROH doing any growing , quite the opposite , i think there losing business , i believe the company was in better shape a few years back , i don't think they will see out this decade.

The real Bryan Danielson chant ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcfhWuxF5R4

GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT 31/5/12 HULK HOGAN BLOCKS ME ON TWITTER

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan1995 View Post
    I agree with you , but i cant see ROH doing any growing , quite the opposite , i think there losing business , i believe the company was in better shape a few years back , i don't think they will see out this decade.
    In my eyes, they've been shrinking over the past few years, but now hopefully they're on the up again. Barring a catastrophe, I don't see them dying any time soon, they've got too loyal a following

In my eyes, they've been shrinking over the past few years, but now hopefully they're on the up again. Barring a catastrophe, I don't see them dying any time soon, they've got too loyal a following
    I feel like there in the stage of 1997-8 ECW , and there getting past there peak,
    If you look at the Wrestlers today compared to a few years back

2009: Danielson, Black , Strong ,Aries, Nigel, Lynn being top guys and then rising stars such as Steen ,Generico ,wolves

compared to today's top guys of

: Steen, Richards sometimes Edwards is around there , and the only rising stars or people who i can see being world champions are Elgin and Ciampa, there's nobody's else coming through that i want to see , Adam Cole is still years away, they don't have a tag team such as the wolves who could break up and be successful on their own , whilst Strong and Edwards continue to get lost in shite story lines. Generico is nowhere to be seen, it seems they have made little or no effort to build anyone other than steen in the last couple of years as a top guy. ?

The real Bryan Danielson chant ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcfhWuxF5R4

GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT 31/5/12 HULK HOGAN BLOCKS ME ON TWITTER