Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65
  1. #1
    The Trinity AirBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    e-Feds need to have a contingency plan.

    I've been around EWN e-Feds for almost a year now, but this is something I've not seen get bad until now, and I just wanted to say something about this, and I know I'll probably get a good amount of heat for it, but I think it needs to be said. Before I say all this, I want to get some things clear, I am not perfect, and I've made mistakes here on EWN and have left people hanging. Case in point, IWF and any other eFed I was in creative on. Also, I am NOT obsessed with eFedding, but do enjoy it very much. My mother passed away not long ago and the reason I came back so quickly is because I enjoy doing this, and I love this, being creative here, and also, of all the great people here. But also to me, and hopefully everyone else, personal life ALWAYS comes before this. There is not one person here I don't like or even think any negatively about. But, what pains me, is that I see all these great eFeds, and I am NOT blaming any person or think any body is at fault in ANY way, please do not get me wrong. But I see all of these great eFeds, like EWA and WWE and almost HWA, (and I know the situation was different, with their head creative and another writer being banned and almost a 3rd, but just saying) not being active due to lack of amount of creative writers. And that is because of the lack of interest of being a creative writer and taking on that extra workload I think. Now I love writing, I really do, I just personally can't commit the time to it because of my ever-changing schedule, and the fact, that well, not to get sympathy, but I am still in somewhat of a stage of mourning. But I just hate to see all of these great eFeds become inactive, and defunct basically because of the lack of shows. And I again, I am NOT calling anyone out or blaming anyone, 90% of the time, if not more, it is because of personal life, which is COMPLETELY understandable by far. And because of that, and no back up plan, and no good amount of creative members in most of the eFeds, some of the great eFeds around are suffering, and the people in it are too due to having a hard time ICing people, over and over again, with nothing else to argue or talk about due to the lack of shows, it just becomes repetitive. But I have to give credit to Krysys and Yes2J. Krysys made an awesome decision to keep his two feds alive by merging them, making TWE. And to 2J, who stepped up in a time of need for ICW when Bear had to leave, which I only give him the most props there are to give for managing everything until it was absolutely too much. But the point is, that I can only hope more people will step up, or that...unfortunately, maybe the feds would have to die, or be shut down, hopefully not for long, but until things are better. And I would definitely do this, step up, I just can't promise my time, with my unpredictable schedule. I just love all the eFeds here, and wouldn't want to see any of them go. I hope no body gets angry about this, I am NOT, I repeat, NOT directing this at anyone. I just felt like I had to say this, that's all. I just want to help the Feds in anyway possible and maybe this, could help, I hope.

    Thanks guys,
    AB
    Ryan Wells:

    - Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

    Xavier Hightower:


    - Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)


  2. #2
    Black Ninja! No_1eddiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    9,133
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne View Post
    I've been around EWN e-Feds for almost a year now, but this is something I've not seen get bad until now, and I just wanted to say something about this, and I know I'll probably get a good amount of heat for it, but I think it needs to be said. Before I say all this, I want to get some things clear, I am not perfect, and I've made mistakes here on EWN and have left people hanging. Case in point, IWF and any other eFed I was in creative on. Also, I am NOT obsessed with eFedding, but do enjoy it very much. My mother passed away not long ago and the reason I came back so quickly is because I enjoy doing this, and I love this, being creative here, and also, of all the great people here. But also to me, and hopefully everyone else, personal life ALWAYS comes before this. There is not one person here I don't like or even think any negatively about. But, what pains me, is that I see all these great eFeds, and I am NOT blaming any person or think any body is at fault in ANY way, please do not get me wrong. But I see all of these great eFeds, like EWA and WWE and almost HWA, (and I know the situation was different, with their head creative and another writer being banned and almost a 3rd, but just saying) not being active due to lack of amount of creative writers. And that is because of the lack of interest of being a creative writer and taking on that extra workload I think. Now I love writing, I really do, I just personally can't commit the time to it because of my ever-changing schedule, and the fact, that well, not to get sympathy, but I am still in somewhat of a stage of mourning. But I just hate to see all of these great eFeds become inactive, and defunct basically because of the lack of shows. And I again, I am NOT calling anyone out or blaming anyone, 90% of the time, if not more, it is because of personal life, which is COMPLETELY understandable by far. And because of that, and no back up plan, and no good amount of creative members in most of the eFeds, some of the great eFeds around are suffering, and the people in it are too due to having a hard time ICing people, over and over again, with nothing else to argue or talk about due to the lack of shows, it just becomes repetitive. But I have to give credit to Krysys and Yes2J. Krysys made an awesome decision to keep his two feds alive by merging them, making TWE. And to 2J, who stepped up in a time of need for ICW when Bear had to leave, which I only give him the most props there are to give for managing everything until it was absolutely too much. But the point is, that I can only hope more people will step up, or that...unfortunately, maybe the feds would have to die, or be shut down, hopefully not for long, but until things are better. And I would definitely do this, step up, I just can't promise my time, with my unpredictable schedule. I just love all the eFeds here, and wouldn't want to see any of them go. I hope no body gets angry about this, I am NOT, I repeat, NOT directing this at anyone. I just felt like I had to say this, that's all. I just want to help the Feds in anyway possible and maybe this, could help, I hope.

    Thanks guys,
    AB
    HWA is as active as ever mate, we just took a week off after a PPV because that's what we do.

    I understand what you mean though. It's never great when people just disappear when they're needed.


    Kyojin

    Final ICW World Champion

    eWN eFed Superstar of the Year 2012

    ICW/IWA Superstar of the Year 2012

    Final HWA Adrenaline Champion

    Final EWNCW Rage Ignition Champion

    Former EWNCW Tag Team Champion (as part of Hot Wasabi)

    EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (as part of Hot Wasabi)

    Former 2x IWA Endurance Champion

    Former 2x ICW Insanity Champion

  3. #3
    The Trinity AirBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,429
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1eddiefan View Post
    HWA is as active as ever mate, we just took a week off after a PPV because that's what we do.

    I understand what you mean though. It's never great when people just disappear when they're needed.
    No I know my friend, that is why I said ALMOST. You did a hell of a job getting it back on track so quickly, despite losing Broc, Sully and Giddy for a bit too.
    Ryan Wells:

    - Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

    Xavier Hightower:


    - Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)


  4. #4
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,805
    Blog Entries
    1
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    You know why some feds are suffering? Because there's too many e-feds and not enough people who want to be on creative around. In other words, we're spreading ourselves too thin.

    There's currently 7 e-feds on EWN. 7!! Other forums I've seen have just 1 e-fed, and compared to said other forums, EWN is small believe it or not. So why there's 7 e-feds here is beyond me.
    I can understand that there's people that are keen to be creative and all that, but if that's the case, instead of creating a brand new fed, why not join the creative team of an existing fed?

    Back when it was just 3 feds all was good here, but once another, and another, and another, and another was created, it's all become spread way too thin. And because of that, when creative personel drop out, some feds struggle to make ends meet.
    Take the WWE e-fed s a prime example. THBK has gone AWOL, and Eddie is the only creative person left and has been dumped the responsibility of being in charge of it now. But he's also in charge of HWA, 2 things he can't juggle doing at the same time. Because of that, it's likely that the WWE e-fed will have to close, since Eddie's priority is HWA. Case and point; spreading creative personnel too thin (sorry to use you there Eddie, but I was merely using that case as an example).

    Of course, nothing can be done about that since nobody can force any fed to close, but in future, perhaps people should think twice about creating a new fed of their own, and instead, join the creative team of an existing fed if they want to get involved creatively.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  5. #5
    Black Ninja! No_1eddiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    9,133
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne View Post
    No I know my friend, that is why I said ALMOST. You did a hell of a job getting it back on track so quickly, despite losing Broc, Sully and Giddy for a bit too.
    I had a lot of help haha. But thanks mate


    Kyojin

    Final ICW World Champion

    eWN eFed Superstar of the Year 2012

    ICW/IWA Superstar of the Year 2012

    Final HWA Adrenaline Champion

    Final EWNCW Rage Ignition Champion

    Former EWNCW Tag Team Champion (as part of Hot Wasabi)

    EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (as part of Hot Wasabi)

    Former 2x IWA Endurance Champion

    Former 2x ICW Insanity Champion

  6. #6
    Black Ninja! No_1eddiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    9,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Back when it was just 3 feds all was good here, but once another, and another, and another, and another was created, it's all become spread way too thin. And because of that, when creative personel drop out, some feds struggle to make ends meet.
    Take the WWE e-fed s a prime example. THBK has gone AWOL, and Eddie is the only creative person left and has been dumped the responsibility of being in charge of it now. But he's also in charge of HWA, 2 things he can't juggle doing at the same time. Because of that, it's likely that the WWE e-fed will have to close, since Eddie's priority is HWA. Case and point; spreading creative personnel too thin (sorry to use you there Eddie, but I was merely using that case as an example).
    I completely agree with everything you've said bro, but these two paragraphs particularly, not just because you used me as an example (no problems with that) but because you speak the utter truth.

    I'm genuinely worried about the future of the WWE fed, because as you say, my priority is HWA.

    The fact is, there's 7 feds and apart from EWNCW-TWE, they have no connections to each other, which I think is also a problem.

    There isn't likely to be any more mergers therefore meaning the amount of feds is unlikely to go down, meaning that it'll continue to be this way.


    Kyojin

    Final ICW World Champion

    eWN eFed Superstar of the Year 2012

    ICW/IWA Superstar of the Year 2012

    Final HWA Adrenaline Champion

    Final EWNCW Rage Ignition Champion

    Former EWNCW Tag Team Champion (as part of Hot Wasabi)

    EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (as part of Hot Wasabi)

    Former 2x IWA Endurance Champion

    Former 2x ICW Insanity Champion

  7. #7
    The Trinity AirBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,429
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    You know why some feds are suffering? Because there's too many e-feds and not enough people who want to be on creative around. In other words, we're spreading ourselves too thin.

    There's currently 7 e-feds on EWN. 7!! Other forums I've seen have just 1 e-fed, and compared to said other forums, EWN is small believe it or not. So why there's 7 e-feds here is beyond me.
    I can understand that there's people that are keen to be creative and all that, but if that's the case, instead of creating a brand new fed, why not join the creative team of an existing fed?

    Back when it was just 3 feds all was good here, but once another, and another, and another, and another was created, it's all become spread way too thin. And because of that, when creative personel drop out, some feds struggle to make ends meet.
    Take the WWE e-fed s a prime example. THBK has gone AWOL, and Eddie is the only creative person left and has been dumped the responsibility of being in charge of it now. But he's also in charge of HWA, 2 things he can't juggle doing at the same time. Because of that, it's likely that the WWE e-fed will have to close, since Eddie's priority is HWA. Case and point; spreading creative personnel too thin (sorry to use you there Eddie, but I was merely using that case as an example).

    Of course, nothing can be done about that since nobody can force any fed to close, but in future, perhaps people should think twice about creating a new fed of their own, and instead, join the creative team of an existing fed if they want to get involved creatively.
    I totally agree, and that is what I am saying here too my friend. lol
    Ryan Wells:

    - Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

    Xavier Hightower:


    - Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)


  8. #8
    The Trinity AirBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,429
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1eddiefan View Post
    I completely agree with everything you've said bro, but these two paragraphs particularly, not just because you used me as an example (no problems with that) but because you speak the utter truth.

    I'm genuinely worried about the future of the WWE fed, because as you say, my priority is HWA.

    The fact is, there's 7 feds and apart from EWNCW-TWE, they have no connections to each other, which I think is also a problem.

    There isn't likely to be any more mergers therefore meaning the amount of feds is unlikely to go down, meaning that it'll continue to be this way.
    Exactly, but I ain't calling anyone out, but simply using the WWE Fed as an example.
    Ryan Wells:

    - Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

    Xavier Hightower:


    - Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)


  9. #9
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,805
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1eddiefan View Post
    I completely agree with everything you've said bro, but these two paragraphs particularly, not just because you used me as an example (no problems with that) but because you speak the utter truth.

    I'm genuinely worried about the future of the WWE fed, because as you say, my priority is HWA.

    The fact is, there's 7 feds and apart from EWNCW-TWE, they have no connections to each other, which I think is also a problem.

    There isn't likely to be any more mergers therefore meaning the amount of feds is unlikely to go down, meaning that it'll continue to be this way.
    The conclusion we came to the last time we had this conversation a few months back was that it's a simple case of sink or swim.

    I should point out that some feds that have been started have a valid case to start up. For example, the WWE e-fed is a fresh concept that only that fed offers. TCW (or TWE as it is now) offered the chance to participate in a fed that provided fully written shows.
    Feds with new concepts that aren't on offer from other feds are all good, but I question why feds that offer nothing different to what's already on offer start up.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  10. #10
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,643
    Blog Entries
    102
    Here is my outlook on the matter. Take ICW. I love ICW, and I think one of the reasons it has been so success is it has been different in fully written shows, as well as the shows coming out either on time or ahead of time. Plus myself coming up with new and interesting ideas to generate interest. Do you know how long it takes to write a fully written show though. To give them the time they need and not half ass it, it takes me like 5 to 6 hrs to write a show, and that is not including coloring, adding in promo's, or editing. It takes a while. I think Tommy makes a valid point in that the efed section is cluttered. I don't mean that in a bad way, but why does there need to be 7? Why do people need to have 7 different characters or more, spread across. Why couldn't there just be 3 efeds, and those who wish to have multiple characters, could just spread them throughout the three.
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.