Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 ... LastLast
    I am fine with Harlem Heat for the win... Honestly, I am good with any of these three teams advancing...

But for an example, watch Halloween Havoc 1990. Doom (c) vs. 4 Horsemen (Flair and Anderson).

Watched it last night and I'll bring up three main points...

(1) Butch Reed gets the hot tag, because he is better than Rob says he is

(2) Ron Simmons and Butch Reed had great chemistry, even when faced with Flair and Anderson across the mat

(3) This match goes a long way to explain Teddy Longs obsession with "tag team matches, playa"!

BTW, if you get a chance, check the whole PPV out. Steiners vs. Nasty Boys for the US Tag Titles was a pretty solid match with great crowd interaction. BadStreet USA vs the Youngbloods - Damn, PS Hayes and Jimmy Jam were such a good heel team that were WAY over with the crowd... I got a kick out of the "D-D-T" chants.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    I've never cared for Luger ever. It was worse when he "didn't kill" Elizabeth. So, I never vote for anything with him in it until he will admit he did it. No fault of Davey Boy Smith, he kinda gets hamstrung on this one. (Yes, I know it hasn't been proven.)

I'll admit that Nikita Koloff and Dusty Rhodes are before my time, but I did see some matches of theirs floating around, I just didn't like the team.

I didn't like Hogan or Macho Man as a team either, but I think I did vote for them because of familiarity to them. However, if it weren't for Luger, I'd have voted for the first option.

Well I can understand the position. Honestly, the Allied Powers wasn't as great as it could have been. It looked more like two big guys were just thrown together for the girls to swoon over. They had the success at WrestleMania 11(need to check that fact for accuracy) when they fought Jacob and Eli. I did like their match with Yoko and Owen at In Your House, but it was mostly due to Yoko and Owen. But the battle with the Million Dollar Corp wasn't as great as it could have been.

The Super Power was a well written angle after losing Magnum TA. It was a perfect way to turn Koloff Face by having him join Dusty in the battle against the Horsemen. Plus, I think Rhodes and Koloff worked better together than what Hogan and Macho did. I think it's a polar opposite situation in that Super Powers was a GREAT way to turn Koloff face where as the Mega Powers made Macho that Mega-Heel to me I guess. I think that the Super Powers were better because they came together as a team, where as the Mega Powers sucked until they split.

And Rob - Pretty Paul Roma and Hercules were a WWF creation. The E can't have them... Nor can they have the Power-Plex that was an EXCELLENT tag team finisher. They were part of a pretty solid match at SS 1990 against the Rockers. With Slick on thier side, they could have been great. Too bad they were never able to take the gold off the Hart Foundation.

Blog Entries
    WWF, WWE - meh, same thing to me, just a morphing of a brand. But I get what you mean.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    A little info...

Roddy Piper and Bob Orton had a win loss record of 18-37-6 for a total of 61 matches together as a tag team

Nick Bockwinkle and Ray Stevens had a win loss record of 174-107-24 for a total of 305 matches together as a tag team

Who would you consider a "tag team" Amer? Kofi and R-Truth or the Usos? One is designed to be a pairing of two superstars for a specific time frame for certain programs... The other is designed to be a Tag Team that has good singles wrestlers as well. Think Bobby Eaton in the Midnight Express. Sure, he is a good singles wrestler with a BEAUTIFUL mullet, but he is designed to be a Tag Team wrestler.
    His mullet was freaking great!!

Blog Entries
    We need more votes!

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    His mullet was freaking great!!
    Yes it was

ex14.jpg

All tied up baby!

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not no more it ain't.

Heat for the win.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?
    You can choke on a big bag of dicks, good sir.

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    Piper was hardly ever winning matches. People were watching him for his mouth and what the hell he would say next. I'll honestly say that I've been more entertained by Piper and Orton. I did go watch some extra matches for these other teams. While they were good, they didn't entertain me. I can't give you a technical reason why. I just think they had it. When we get it thinned out some, I'm sure I'll pick something else depending on the matchup.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    Piper was hardly ever winning matches. People were watching him for his mouth and what the hell he would say next. I'll honestly say that I've been more entertained by Piper and Orton. I did go watch some extra matches for these other teams. While they were good, they didn't entertain me. I can't give you a technical reason why. I just think they had it. When we get it thinned out some, I'm sure I'll pick something else depending on the matchup.

To each their own, I still think Bockwinkle and Stevens were the better all around team. It mainly sounds like you went by Piper's mic skills for this one.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions