Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Awesome result for the Team GB lasses today. Beating Brazil 1-0
    Pretty awesome result for them!
    Plus one or 2 of them make me so it's even better
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Off to Newcastle tommorow for the Brazil v New Zealand game, looking forward to seeing Brazil in action.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Off to Newcastle tommorow for the Brazil v New Zealand game, looking forward to seeing Brazil in action.
    Enjoyed the game pal?

Also, Team GB male and females have made the quarters! Happy days!

Men should lose to Brazil and hopefully get Mexico in the Bronze so I can lick Paus tears of sadness ;D

The ladies however have a good shout at Gold really. Beat Brazil and still have a great coach and team capable of Gold. A medal at least methinks
    E-fedding
    Van Hooligan X
    4 time World Champion
    Only 2 time dual World Champion
    Won more awards than your best character has had #1 contender matches
    APW co-founder
    Hall of Famer

Most successful wrestler of all time
    1 of the most successful managers of all time
    Member of the greatest faction of all time (The Clique)
    1/2 of the great tag team of all time (The Infection w/Carlos Alberto Ramon)
    The destroyer of EFeds (w/Dennis)

Blog Entries
    Excellent day at the Mill Stad yesterday to watch the footy! Both games were pretty decent to be fair, and I got to see some quality football!

Expected to see Mexico go through, and although the Swiss were the ones that had the better of it in the first half, they were overrun by the end and Mexico got the single goal to send them through and the Swiss out.

Some standout players: Mexico's number 11 (I forget his name) is a very decent little winger. Their holding midfielder, number 14 I think (the bald guy, and not Salcido (who was also playing in midfield rather than his usual position in defense)) had a decent game. Benaglio is a quality keeper, but I think we all knew that since he's the Swiss no.1 anyway. And Dos Santos is also a great player. He didn't have the best game yesterday, but he's seriously good, and I do not understand why Spurs haven't given him a chance in their team. I hope AVB will change that. Kasami I thought had a good game for the Swiss too. He's a good little player, and I hope he gets more of a chance at Fulham in the coming season.

In the second game, I got to see everything! Quality football from Uruguay and GB, but I really fancy GB's chances to get to the semis. They've come such a long way since that warm up game against Brazil, it's hard to believe that it's the same team! Bellamy was awesome, Butland had another blinder making 2 top quality saves, Ramsey was good in patches, Taylor had an excellent game at full back. An all round good team performance.
    I have to say though, Luis Suarez was absolutely atrocious. Not just in the way he played, but in his conduct too. He does absolutely nothing to help his cause against the boo-boys.
    Another one who had an absolute shocker was the linesman. He missed 2 very obvious offsides (one was at least 2 yards offside, I know this since I was sitting pretty much in line with it), a couple of fouls right in front of his nose, and he gave a goal kick only to be (rightly) overruled by the referee who gave a corner. Absolutely shocking.

All in all though, had an absolute blast. Shame that it was £4.50 for a beer in the stadium, since I couldn't enjoy a few cold ones with the match, although I did fork out £12 for 3 pies for my Dad, brother and I (a nice pork pie, but come on, £4?!). The atmosphere was incredible, both in and out of the stadium. Took me back to the days when Wales used to host their football internationals in the Mill-Stad. I really miss those days, and it's a shame we can't yet go back to having our internationals there. But yesterday was absolutely awesome, and I can't wait now for the Bronze Medal a week tomorrow!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Enjoyed the game pal?

Also, Team GB male and females have made the quarters! Happy days!
    Great game yeah, 4 goals (one disallowed) 2 yellow cards and a red card to.

Good atmosphere, although Brazil were the favourites with the crowd, New Zealand were cheered to, the fans were very respectful to everyone.

Blog Entries
    No one watching Brazil/Honduras? Great match...

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    No one watching Brazil/Honduras? Great match...
    Was a good game dude.some excellent goals.Honduras gave them a game,only naive defending and tackling let them down.Gotta give them credit though.

Come on GB!!

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah Ramsey scored today, has any world leaders died yet?

If I was Assad of Syria I would be worried, just saying...

Was that Team GB or England?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Was that Team GB or England?

Certainly felt like fucking England!

You can't be too hard on them though, I mean it was an experiment really. Shame they never got in the medals but whatever.