Is a popular TNA good for WWE fans?

If TNA were to gain momentum and become a contender to WWE (and thats a big "IF"), would that force WWE to drop this whole pg format in order to maintain its fans(ages 15+)? Or do you think WWE is better of targeting the younger audience and allowing TNA to vulture the older demographic? I know the main reason WWE went PG was to target younger kids who are more likely to spend their parents money than the 18+ fans spending their own money. Im hoping someone with a good idea of the economic side of the business could shed some light.

Competition is always a good thing, no matter what business you're in

Why should anyone better themselves if they're the only ones?

So yes. TNA becoming a solid #2 is good for all fans
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

TNA has some amazing talent but even if they get big you have to think about how many of those guys actually have a future. That was why most of my friends at my highschool watched WWE during the really, really short monday night war version 2. They were pissed to hear that TNA were bringing in all of these old guys. I on the other hand actually watched TNA every week until the war was over. TNA is still wonderful to watch but I think the WWE is changing. They are fixing to push the envelope again an they have so many new rising talent.

As Bodom says, competition is great, but i think WWE is PG now simply because it doesn't need swearing and blood and sex to attempt to tell a story.

PG sells better to parents, simple as.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Blog Entries
    Competition makes both sides try that much harder which is awesome for us fans. I really want to see TNA succeed not just for us but for the companies. It's great that if one gets released they have a chance at possibly gaining employment elsewhere.

But TNA is going down....does that mean something?

#REAL!

As long as they have a network backing them up and the financials, they're not going anywhere
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    As long as they have a network backing them up and the financials, they're not going anywhere
    Thats true and there one of the number one shows on spike, so there not going anywhere

Without question, yes. The Monday Night Wars were the highest point of wrestlin's popularity during the '90s. The more popular a competitor is, the harder the other company will try to top them. WWE and WCW gained so much popularity because people wanted to see what they would do next to try to one-up each other. TNA used to have the talent it needed to be able to compete with WWE. They just didn't have the storylines. Now, TNA has done a lot to ruin the talent that they already had by creating matches for some of their top stars that rank in skill along the same lines of a typical 90 second Divas match on Raw and their storylines have gotten significantly worse. They're shooting themselves in the foot. If they would allow the X-Division to shine again and create better stories for once, then they would have the potential to be a better company again. WWE would take notice if TNA became a legitimate threat. The fans, of course, would reap the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by johnadah View Post
    Without question, yes. The Monday Night Wars were the highest point of wrestlin's popularity during the '90s. The more popular a competitor is, the harder the other company will try to top them. WWE and WCW gained so much popularity because people wanted to see what they would do next to try to one-up each other. TNA used to have the talent it needed to be able to compete with WWE. They just didn't have the storylines. Now, TNA has done a lot to ruin the talent that they already had by creating matches for some of their top stars that rank in skill along the same lines of a typical 90 second Divas match on Raw and their storylines have gotten significantly worse. They're shooting themselves in the foot. If they would allow the X-Division to shine again and create better stories for once, then they would have the potential to be a better company again. WWE would take notice if TNA became a legitimate threat. The fans, of course, would reap the benefits.
    This is true.

#REAL!