Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihltygre View Post
    Dutt lands very evenly on his feet dispersing the impact high on his chest where the rib cage is strongest, the guy receiving it has his arms crossed over his abdomen causing the muscles of the torso to thicken... exhale at the moment of impact and you SHOULD NOT have broken ribs... that said there is NO way that move is not going to suck to take.
    This is the answer, 10 points for you!!

It is from the same thing as if you let someone punch you in the stomach you tense up your midriff and as he is about to hit you exahale deeply emptying your lungs it will hurt a little bit but know were near as much.

You couldn't fake the Banzai Drop, one of the most brutal finishers ever...

Technically, you could fake the Banzai Drop if you land with your feet first and use the ropes to pull yourself upward during the drop, thus not making full contact with your ass on the opponent's torso.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihltygre View Post
    Dutt lands very evenly on his feet dispersing the impact high on his chest where the rib cage is strongest, the guy receiving it has his arms crossed over his abdomen causing the muscles of the torso to thicken... exhale at the moment of impact and you SHOULD NOT have broken ribs... that said there is NO way that move is not going to suck to take.
    ^^^^ Right idea here.

I asked my brother and his friends who are indie wrestlers here where I am from once before about Kaval's stomp. Basically the answer I got is what is written above, plus I was told that right before initial impact the knees are slightly bent to take some of the impact off the receiving wrestler.

We all know it's scripted, but the moves are not painless or fake. It still hurts to take that shot, but not enough to injure.

I've always thought the Bryan's running dropkick looked pretty brutal
    LOL at the botched finish

[thinks about midcard]

This is something that always confused me I never knew how they could do this infrot of a live crowd
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Quote Originally Posted by FXK2I View Post
    Technically, you could fake the Banzai Drop if you land with your feet first and use the ropes to pull yourself upward during the drop, thus not making full contact with your ass on the opponent's torso.
    It makes sense for somebody that's under 300lbs, but for someone like Yokozuna, that's a lot of weight and gravity homie.. That might soften the blow, but the blow regardless is gonna take effect.. I dont wanna quote anybody cause I can't remember which wrestler said it, but I remember that the person said everyone was scared of the Banzai Drop..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post

This is something that always confused me I never knew how they could do this infrot of a live crowd
    I don't know how they did it, but that isn't concrete, you can tell because if it was concrete then the glass would have shattered just like when Stone Cold filled Mr. McMahon's Corvette with concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimusSucks View Post
    I don't know how they did it, but that isn't concrete, you can tell because if it was concrete then the glass would have shattered just like when Stone Cold filled Mr. McMahon's Corvette with concrete.
    The concrete was pre-recorded, the crowd saw it was fake, the TV audience didn't

OT: Piledriver and Broski Boot
    ‚Äč

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    The concrete was pre-recorded, the crowd saw it was fake, the TV audience didn't

OT: Piledriver and Broski Boot
    The piledriver is meant to be performed so the guy recieving it's head doesn't actually hit the mat. He's holding onto the giver's thighs while being held up as they drop. Of course mistakes happen and Stone Cold breaks his neck.
    As for the Broski Boot, I've seen hands go up to soften the blow and it's a glancing shot, still looks nasty as hell.

Divas to believe in.