Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Moment That Would Change The Wrestling World If Happened

I just heard this.

John Cena's Career would change if he broke the streak.

If this were to happen......
    1.Would u tune into raw the night after?
    2.Would you cheer him or boo him?
    3.Do you think he will get more boo's then cheers after breaking the streak?
    4.Do you see it being possible for WWE to book it to where Cena wins to recover from his loss to The Rock at WM28?
    5.Would you be intrested in watching the match not knowing who will win?
    6.Do you think he deserves it? (he does so much for the company)

Myself, I would watch raw cause im not the guy to say "if this happened, I would never watch wrestling again". Im a fan and ill watch it. I boo him now and will contiue to boo him until he changes because he is so old, change it up cena. I respect what he does but he is boring in the ring. I think he will get more boo's and I think he would be someone that would need security around him because of so much hate. I see it being possible thinking about some of the elements (cena lost to rock, him beating taker will make that loss mean nothing) (he does so much for the company). I would be intrested in watching the match because of the crowd, and two of the biggest stars in wrestling today. I think he deserves it, do i want to see it? No, I dont because the streak is legendary and if cena beats the streak, I can only see a heel turn come out of it.

what do you think? answer the questions and say what you want to say about it.

Blog Entries
    1. Yes, absolutely.
    2. Neither, but IF the streak ever ends, I would be pissed if Cena was the winner.
    3. It'll be similar, but the ones booing him now will become louder.
    4. It's possible of course. But I don't think the WWE would book it.
    5. YES!
    6. NO! Cena is already a big star, why tarnish The Undertaker's streak? The Undertaker should remain undefeated, OR allow a younger, future star to help build a legacy.

I would hate him more for beating Undertaker that streak should hit 30-0 and then retire.

As an old school wrestler, i can't see the Undertaker EVER approving of Cena ending the streak. I'm sorry, but someone as respected as the Undertaker must be slightly pissed off at the companies direction since 2000. I know he's a company guy, but he has a lot of sway and i'm sure he has pretty much full say on his character at this point in his career.
    There's tons that have become disillusioned with it; Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho (has seen his interest wain over the past several years, only returning when he has nothing planned with Fozzy), Goldberg, Batista.

It should never end. There's nobody there that deserves it and it will be hard to find anyone that will. The only person that could ever end will be the person that takes WWE to the next generation. Creative would have to be 100% sure that they have found themselves the next Austin/Hogan, because looking at the company right now, it definitely isn't Cena.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Blog Entries
    Taker has allegedly said before about letting Orton or Angle or maybe even Kane ending the streak. At this stage of his career when he only wrestles once a year, there is no way he will lose to someone unless he wants them to win.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Taker has allegedly said before about letting Orton or Angle or maybe even Kane ending the streak. At this stage of his career when he only wrestles once a year, there is no way he will lose to someone unless he wants them to win.
    If someone will break it, it has to be someone who is ready to take the company because a win like that will make someone's career. kane's career is almost done so not many years left and guys like Punk who has really steped it up, i can see punk beating taker (best in the world) and basing his win and saying he's the best in the world because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    As an old school wrestler, i can't see the Undertaker EVER approving of Cena ending the streak. I'm sorry, but someone as respected as the Undertaker must be slightly pissed off at the companies direction since 2000. I know he's a company guy, but he has a lot of sway and i'm sure he has pretty much full say on his character at this point in his career.
    There's tons that have become disillusioned with it; Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho (has seen his interest wain over the past several years, only returning when he has nothing planned with Fozzy), Goldberg, Batista.

It should never end. There's nobody there that deserves it and it will be hard to find anyone that will. The only person that could ever end will be the person that takes WWE to the next generation. Creative would have to be 100% sure that they have found themselves the next Austin/Hogan, because looking at the company right now, it definitely isn't Cena.
    How about CM Punk?

It's never gonna happen people. The streak is only going to end when the Undertaker no longer is in Wrestlemania.

I say this with the confidence of the idiot, I am, who has lost about $200 over the years betting against the Taker thinking "this is the year he gets beat."

*punches own forehead* STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    Nah, I don't think Mark Calaway would mind if the streak was broken or not. He even wanted Randy Orton to break the streak at Wrestlemania 21 but Orton declined. I think its something he sees as putting on a great performance every year at Wrestlemania rather than the streak itself.

To be honest, I wouldn't really be bothered with the streak ending as it would be a great way to pass the torch but I can see why most people don't want the streak to end. They've built it up so well with The Undertaker being 20-0 that its something that shouldn't end now.
    that's one thing i want to point out - taker wanted rko to beat him and he wanted henry to beat him at 22. with that being said, maybe taker's streak dosnt mean as much to him as people think it does.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kingblingbla View Post
    that's one thing i want to point out - taker wanted rko to beat him and he wanted henry to beat him at 22. with that being said, maybe taker's streak dosnt mean as much to him as people think it does.
    I never said that it meant anything to him. I simply stated that it shouldn't be broken because of how long it's been able to go on. Think about it, before the idea of 'The Streak" was even thought up or before it got noticed after going on for so long, Undertaker had to to endure Hogan's backstage politics, newcomers rising through the ranks that threatened a possible WM win and injuries to make the streak this long. That's something precious in my eyes. It's like the Holy Grail of wrestling.