Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Australia v England ODI

Firstly, I find it a little strange that Australia is doing a one day tour of England without the ashes being contested. With that being said is anyone interested in this five game series?

Blog Entries
    Hmm...I'll watch it because Cricket is in my blood and I love it but with he Aussies losing their old magic the feud between these 2 countries have died down abit.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Hmm...I'll watch it because Cricket is in my blood and I love it but with he Aussies losing their old magic the feud between these 2 countries have died down abit.
    Australia are still world No 1 in ODI so should be interesting though i think 270 will be enough to wrap up game 1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    Australia are still world No 1 in ODI so should be interesting though i think 270 will be enough to wrap up game 1
    270 is par in a ODI so it's all too play for I reckon, Smith will be key, depends how much his on too smack it around today.

270 is par in a ODI so it's all too play for I reckon, Smith will be key, depends how much his on too smack it around today.
    On this pitch I feel 270 is slightly above par and if australia do win they need the 2 W's firing

Blog Entries
    Hmm Englands got the upper hand right now but like I said Smith could change the game, while that is a long shot it could happen lol. Saying that, one more wicket and it's game set match.

Hmm Englands got the upper hand right now but like I said Smith could change the game, while that is a long shot it could happen lol. Saying that, one more wicket and it's game set match.
    So England win and its 1-0 but I think its far from over and I would like to add that its great to see cricket on free to air and also F&@K the olympics for postponing the cricket but next year will be the nuts 2 ashes series in 10 months

Blog Entries
    I'm so over cricket right now. I'm a bit sick of the media treating sports stars like cricketers and swimmers as celebrities and not simply 'sporting personalities', a term I prefer. It's made me see the game a bit differently - but I'll probably still watch come the Aussie summer. Have they dropped Ponting yet? I hate that guy

I'm glad that they are doing 5 match series instead of 7 match series.I'm looking forward to it since both teams are evenly matched as far as experience factor goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I'm so over cricket right now. I'm a bit sick of the media treating sports stars like cricketers and swimmers as celebrities and not simply 'sporting personalities', a term I prefer. It's made me see the game a bit differently - but I'll probably still watch come the Aussie summer. Have they dropped Ponting yet? I hate that guy
    He retired from the shorter format early Jan