Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post
    Okay, I am gonna say something that I am gonna get NUCLEAR heat from the IWC, but I say it cos its my genuine opinion and not because I just like to say controversial things for controversy sake: I do not care about the streak and think The Undertaker is completely over rated!

Now do not get me wrong. I respect Mark Calloway. The way he has kept himself in great shape for over 20 years in the business you would have to be a moron NOT to respect him...I just don't find his character or matches that interesting.

People hate on Cena for having 5 moves of doom. Please reel off the hundreds of moves the Undertaker has. Old school rope walk, running clothesline, last ride, choke slam, tombstone...and recently the hells gate submission. Thats about it. And as for the streak. The reason it is so long isn't cos he is an incredible wrestler who nobody can match up to. Its because its BOOKED that way. I think WWE realised at 7 or 8-0 they had something the fans would tune in for at Wrestlemania every year to see if the Undertaker could be defeated and the streak could end. It is nothing more than a marketing ploy to boost PPV buy rates.

Mark Calloway has toyed with the idea of losing a few times through the years. I know Randy Orton was mentioned and I'm pretty sure they were thinking of Edge going over him as Edge was 8-0 at the time himself. I am not hating on any Undertaker fans (although I can understand why you would think so reading this back so far!) but I find people saying "the streak should never end!" laughable. The only poeple's opinion on the matter that are important are the WWE and Mark Calloway. They have the final say

Rolls up sleeves lol

Edge was not 8-0 he lost at Mania 23 the year before....that is all, although I disagree with it mostly lol

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Rolls up sleeves lol

Edge was not 8-0 he lost at Mania 23 the year before....that is all, although I disagree with it mostly lol
    Haha, fair enough. I know they were toying with the idea of losing it to someone who had a streak of their own though. I'm not trying to cause a row or have everyone on here hate me. I know Taker is a very popular member of the WWE. Just find him about 5 years past his sell by date. Just a personal opinion
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post
    Haha, fair enough. I know they were toying with the idea of losing it to someone who had a streak of their own though. I'm not trying to cause a row or have everyone on here hate me. I know Taker is a very popular member of the WWE. Just find him about 5 years past his sell by date. Just a personal opinion
    I'm the opposite lol

Taker is one of my, if not my all time fave, but I will admit up until about 2001 the majority of his matches (Mania ones included) were awful. Since then his matches with Triple H, HBK and Edge etc have been great.

I'm the opposite lol

Taker is one of my, if not my all time fave, but I will admit up until about 2001 the majority of his matches (Mania ones included) were awful. Since then his matches with Triple H, HBK and Edge etc have been great.
    Thats another reason he should either retire or lose. He is in his late 40's, joints are getting pretty bad and he only wrestlers once a year. And despite all that information we're expected to believe he is favourite and going to win, just cos its Wrestlemania and the streak?

Yes, wrestling is staged, but still, lets try and leave it in the realms of possibility shall we
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Blog Entries
    I'm the opposite lol

I have to agree.. the second match vs hbk was legendary.. also his ladder match against hardy was the greatest raw match ever IMO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have to agree.. the second match vs hbk was legendary.. also his ladder match against hardy was the greatest raw match ever IMO
    Loved his match with Hardy, he put him over without losing to him. And yep that was in 2002 when he was beginning to reach his prime lol

hmmmm Undertaker over rated? Streak should be broken? hmmmm... nope don't like it. Undertake is great partially because of the booking, partially because not a hell of a lot of guys over 6ft could do what he does. at his best he moves like a cruiser weight... is he at his best any more... gods no but he is still better at telling and selling a story than most of the wrestling world. That's what makes him great, not move set, he's just good it this.

as for breaking the streak? You have an opportunity to have a story line continue LONG after the character is gone you don't waste it. The streak will be part of WWE history long after taker retires, if you break it you don't get that... you get a bit of a bump for about 6 months then all of it fades in a year... it's not good business. it's not about taker, it's part of wrestlemania history the ONLY way you could break it is if it were someones debut match or something it would have to be more shocking then the entrance of nexus to give it any legitimacy. mind you this is coming from me as a writer, as a fan i would be happy if they let Kane break it but honestly i would rather see him go down in full glory and retire as the legendary Undertaker who had never lost at wrestlemania, bring it up any time someone has streak and then again when they finally lose.
    just because i didn't agree doesn't mean i didn't listen, it just means you were wrong. Now go away please.

Blog Entries
    No one and I mean NO ONE WILL EVER BREAK THE STREAK!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    Or should IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    oh no!! the humanity!!!