Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    if the streak is to be broken, which I think will happen, I think it should be a guy that we don't know yet, a guy who made his debut a few months before the epic match, but not just any guy, it has to be credible so I suggest a guy with batista's body, charisma that even captain charisma himself would say "I'm outranked", maybe throw in some mic skill while I'm at it.

that's the guy who should break the streak and go astronomical (as some of you describe it)

btw: I'd be totally ok if the streak doesn't get broken.

The streak should never and i mean neevvvveer be broken some things need to be left alone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrik View Post
    if the streak is to be broken, which I think will happen, I think it should be a guy that we don't know yet, a guy who made his debut a few months before the epic match, but not just any guy, it has to be credible so I suggest a guy with batista's body, charisma that even captain charisma himself would say "I'm outranked", maybe throw in some mic skill while I'm at it.

that's the guy who should break the streak and go astronomical (as some of you describe it)

btw: I'd be totally ok if the streak doesn't get broken.
    I also think the streak will be broken.. but never thought about it like this.. it makes sense.. especially if the guy comes into the wwe as a major heel.. maybe screwing a popular face out of a title... leading up to him being super hated for beating the undertaker

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Unless they have a career ending injury and are never seen again, like Brett Dibiase. That's why having a young guy break the streak is a huge gamble.
    a business that is afraid to gamble doesn't make money...

It would be a huge chance to have anyone defeat the streak, and to have it be a young guy? I just don't see it happening.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Slayer View Post
    It would be a huge chance to have anyone defeat the streak, and to have it be a young guy? I just don't see it happening.
    if it was an older guy to end it there is no purpose.. he will be retired quickly and you won't be able to play that card for long.. while if it's a younger guy.. you can play it for a longer period of time...

Blog Entries
    In my opinion its lose/lose whoever they pic. Guys like Cena, Triple H, Orton etc do not need to break the streak, they have enough of a legacy already. A newer guy could get injured, or lose interest in the business (ie Lashley and Lesnar) and so the 20 year streak is broken by a guy who is no longer part of the company.

Leave the streak intact.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    In my opinion its lose/lose whoever they pic. Guys like Cena, Triple H, Orton etc do not need to break the streak, they have enough of a legacy already. A newer guy could get injured, or lose interest in the business (ie Lashley and Lesnar) and so the 20 year streak is broken by a guy who is no longer part of the company.

Leave the streak intact.
    true, but look at it from a different angle, if someone breaks the streak, doesn't matter who it is, it would create an interesting storyline, and it could last for easily an entire year

Okay, I am gonna say something that I am gonna get NUCLEAR heat from the IWC, but I say it cos its my genuine opinion and not because I just like to say controversial things for controversy sake: I do not care about the streak and think The Undertaker is completely over rated!

Now do not get me wrong. I respect Mark Calloway. The way he has kept himself in great shape for over 20 years in the business you would have to be a moron NOT to respect him...I just don't find his character or matches that interesting.

People hate on Cena for having 5 moves of doom. Please reel off the hundreds of moves the Undertaker has. Old school rope walk, running clothesline, last ride, choke slam, tombstone...and recently the hells gate submission. Thats about it. And as for the streak. The reason it is so long isn't cos he is an incredible wrestler who nobody can match up to. Its because its BOOKED that way. I think WWE realised at 7 or 8-0 they had something the fans would tune in for at Wrestlemania every year to see if the Undertaker could be defeated and the streak could end. It is nothing more than a marketing ploy to boost PPV buy rates.

Mark Calloway has toyed with the idea of losing a few times through the years. I know Randy Orton was mentioned and I'm pretty sure they were thinking of Edge going over him as Edge was 8-0 at the time himself. I am not hating on any Undertaker fans (although I can understand why you would think so reading this back so far!) but I find people saying "the streak should never end!" laughable. The only poeple's opinion on the matter that are important are the WWE and Mark Calloway. They have the final say
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post
    Okay, I am gonna say something that I am gonna get NUCLEAR heat from the IWC, but I say it cos its my genuine opinion and not because I just like to say controversial things for controversy sake: I do not care about the streak and think The Undertaker is completely over rated!

Now do not get me wrong. I respect Mark Calloway. The way he has kept himself in great shape for over 20 years in the business you would have to be a moron NOT to respect him...I just don't find his character or matches that interesting.

People hate on Cena for having 5 moves of doom. Please reel off the hundreds of moves the Undertaker has. Old school rope walk, running clothesline, last ride, choke slam, tombstone...and recently the hells gate submission. Thats about it. And as for the streak. The reason it is so long isn't cos he is an incredible wrestler who nobody can match up to. Its because its BOOKED that way. I think WWE realised at 7 or 8-0 they had something the fans would tune in for at Wrestlemania every year to see if the Undertaker could be defeated and the streak could end. It is nothing more than a marketing ploy to boost PPV buy rates.

Mark Calloway has toyed with the idea of losing a few times through the years. I know Randy Orton was mentioned and I'm pretty sure they were thinking of Edge going over him as Edge was 8-0 at the time himself. I am not hating on any Undertaker fans (although I can understand why you would think so reading this back so far!) but I find people saying "the streak should never end!" laughable. The only poeple's opinion on the matter that are important are the WWE and Mark Calloway. They have the final say
    Thank you! his streak should be beatable! though if they want to keep it it's all good.. it shouldn't be a given or it just makes it boring!