Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Noooooooooo kidding.
    I do what I can
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Very good point. Undertaker has lost matches at a lot of other pay per view events. Why does he have to be undefeated at Wrestlemania anyway? In WWE, win-loss records are not even important. Hulk Hogan even lost one match at Wrestlemania.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaceOfSpades View Post
    it will never be duplicated and besides what the hell is the point? prestige? being on vinces good side for most of 20 years is prestigious. *OOOOH he never lost at wrestlemania*...but he lost everywhere else. when we wanted that huge undertaker win he has let us down before. to hell with a streak in a sport where results are pre determined. His body is ravaged from dedication to this pre determined sport and i respect that a million times more than a streak. not to mention him ending his own streak would perhaps be the biggest swerve ever...right?

Wrestlemania 27 Undertaker = DQ Win?

We know that right now Undertaker is working through an injury and could very well possibly miss Wrestlemania, but there is a way that he can still work a match. Over the years Undertaker has won his matches cleanly, but what if he won by DQ? There's two ways of doing this: 1.) If they have Taker face Barrett at WM they could have the Corre interfere and attack the Undertaker. 2.) If he faces Triple H, maybe a bit into the match Trips gets frustrated and uses his sledgehammer.

Both of these would actually be a change of pace and a good one at that. Taker wouldn't have to work long in the match, the streak remains alive, and it wouldn't end on a happy note.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeCarpet View Post
    We know that right now Undertaker is working through an injury and could very well possibly miss Wrestlemania, but there is a way that he can still work a match. Over the years Undertaker has won his matches cleanly, but what if he won by DQ? There's two ways of doing this: 1.) If they have Taker face Barrett at WM they could have the Corre interfere and attack the Undertaker. 2.) If he faces Triple H, maybe a bit into the match Trips gets frustrated and uses his sledgehammer.

Both of these would actually be a change of pace and a good one at that. Taker wouldn't have to work long in the match, the streak remains alive, and it wouldn't end on a happy note.
    i like tthe hhh 1 then have hhh take out taker on screen so taker can fully recover from injury then have a good old taker return later in the year

With the years and emotions invested in this streak (especially after the past two years), and the cost of a WWE PPV, I would probably demand a refund if this were to actually happen.

Yeah I have to agree there. If he won by DQ what’s the point of having a match at all? We all hate these type of wins on raw or Smackdown so why should one on the biggest streak on the biggest stage be any different. You can have a 3 way dance and have him stay out the line of fire and get a quick win or maybe a tag match, that’s definitely something they haven’t done with him at WM. But yeah DQ win means lots of controversy and tarnishes the streak in my opinion.

Totally agree with @rst here

Only way I would see the one with triple h happen is if hes going to be pushed massively as a heel. But ya...the DQ idea would prob not be a good choice for the streak.

I couldn't DISAGREE with this statement more. We get these types of finishes on weekly basis not to mention it happens every other PPV. How is this a change of pace??? Or even a "good one at that? WrestleMania is the ONE event out of the year where screwball finishes do not and should not take place.

Blog Entries
    No, a DQ is something WWE should not consider in any scenario. It looks increasingly likely that Taker will have to work through an injury at Mania, as I doubt he'll be fully recovered from his surgery in time.
    The way to do this is have a triple threat, or a fatal 4 way. That way, WWE decrease the workload for Taker, as he won't have to do too much work. I see a scenario where 2 or 3 people come out saying that they want to have a shot at the streak this year, then have a series of matches between these guys, but neither comes out on top in these matches (a best of 3 falls or something, but neither guy gets the winning pinfall). Eventually T-Lo announces that the 2/3 guys will both/all face Taker at Mania. You would have the big draw of Taker facing the worst odds ever in his Mania match, but at the same time, he doesn't have to work a full match, thus accommodating his injury. Obviously, Taker wins the match
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!