Hybrid View

It hit me watching Raw...

The segment with Jericho and Cena. This isn't word for word but it went a little something like this:

Jericho: Great Star Wars promo. Yeah, THAT was entertaining! (pulls sarcastic face) What you, around 9?
    Cena: Most of our viewers are around 9 (smiles)

Probably stating the obvious, but there you have it. Middle of the show, middle of the ring. Raw is aimed at kids. Am I reading too much into a throw away comment or was this a deliberate middle fingered salute to the fans that pine for the Attitude Era?

Perhaps it's WWE telling fans over 9 to stop watching!

THE ONLY THING I HAVEN'T DONE YET IS DIE AND ITS ME AND MY PLUS ONE AT THE AFTERLIFE

We can only hope! I miss the days of Stone Cold hitting Lita with a steel chair 15 times

Blog Entries
    I feel sorry for those who pine for the Attitude era. It's over, it's gone and it's never coming back. Like that old girlfriend that doesn't want to talk to you anymore but you still have great memories because she broke up with you and there's been enough time for you to forget all the shitty things that were liberally sprinkled through the relationship that caused it to come to a conclusion and all you have is that highlight reel in your brain of all the good times. Hell, even some of the bad things don't seem so bad in retrospect, you've decided. But really, your current loneliness only serves to make everything else - anything else in fact, seem much better.
    But alas, those times are over and one day you'll be forced to come to terms with the circle of life and the reality that there is no recapturing the past, no remaking the good times. Your best bet now is to find a new girl - TNA, ROH, AAA, NJPW - and try to enjoy what they have on offer; otherwise you're liable to be wasting what precious little time you have left on this earth on a pipe dream with little to no tangibility.

Or you could keep watching the dvd's - a wrestling fans equivalent to going through old photos of an ex-girlfriend. Or something like that.

TNA has its moments, but then totally spoiled by old farts hogging the main event spot.
    I'd love to give ROH a try but its not shown over here in England. Seen bits n bobs on youtube but never full shows.
    Always found fans to quiet/respectful in NJPW and NOAH. A hot crowd always helps the show for me.
    No idea what AAA is, is it the Mexican fed? Without meaning to come across as racist I only wanna watch English language shows, promos play a huge part in wrestling.

I'm not completely giving up on WWE. The new season of NXT looks promising. Give the likes of Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Steamboat, Dallas, Cesaro and Sandow time and the FUTURE of the WWE may be a lot better. Just grow tired of Cena being the main event, title or not (I know, I know, he sells shirts...sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Or you could keep watching the dvd's - a wrestling fans equivalent to going through old photos of an ex-girlfriend. Or something like that.
    I don't think I've ever had a wank to old WWE DVD's!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I don't think I've ever had a wank to old WWE DVD's!
    You should try it.

Man, I sure come off like I have some issues don't I? Lmao

Blog Entries
    It was just two guys having smart ass comments. Like Jericho saying on the same night, " What you going to do suspend me."
    I'm jus sayin...

Well yeah it wouldn't shock me that 9 year olds are the main watchers of WWE but hell i still like it so im 9 (+13) years old

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kaos View Post
    The segment with Jericho and Cena. This isn't word for word but it went a little something like this:

Jericho: Great Star Wars promo. Yeah, THAT was entertaining! (pulls sarcastic face) What you, around 9?
    Cena: Most of our viewers are around 9 (smiles)

Probably stating the obvious, but there you have it. Middle of the show, middle of the ring. Raw is aimed at kids. Am I reading too much into a throw away comment or was this a deliberate middle fingered salute to the fans that pine for the Attitude Era?
    No, its the WWE giving everyone over the age of the 9 the MIDDLE finger
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.