Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Hmmmm, that don't add up *scratches head*

OK, while we're here, let's go again (a hard one) - Queen or Led Zeppelin?

(Very funny by the way Asher)
    It totally adds up Fleetwood mac ended with 100 points, and the B-52s had 0 points

This one is a tough one.

Queen gave those of us in the CCL the wonderful "Fat bottomed girls", so thats 10 April Flores's or 100 points.

Led Zepplin gave us Stairway to heaven, quite possibly the most requested song of the 70s for radio stations everywhere, so they get 100 points for being cool enough to make a song about a woman thinking money was the root of all happiness into something that straight guys would admit to loving.

Queen gave us Bohemian Rhapsody, a song so good that it is still the only part of "Wayne's World" that I remember, They get 100 points, but there is a penalty of 50 points for being tied to an SNL movie.

Led Zepplin gave us an amazing blues-vibe in our rock, something that would not be done nearly that well for quite some time, so they get 100 points

Queen gave gay people around the world an anthem that didn't try to make them spell anything, so they get 100 points

Led Zepplin fucked a groupie with a shark, (allegedly) quite possibly the sickest thing a band has done to a Groupie until Marilyn Manson came along (He brought devices, not allegedly) 50 points

Queen perfected the art of changing a song's beat and time signature partway through, then changing it again. 100 points for musical ability.

Led Zepplin set an attendance record for the largest attendace to that date for a single act show, which I believes still stands, and over 70 people were arrested out of about 1000 that tried to gate-crash (probably because the tickets were fucking gone by that point) so they get 100 points.

Freddy Mercury literally tore his throat up singing when he had AIDS, and still made a kick-ass song, so that nets them 100 points and my fervent belief that Freddy was the original gay superman.

Led Zepplin has been credited with influencing Black Sabbath as well as Rush and Queen, so that gives them a sweet 200 points, and the victory.

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    It totally adds up Fleetwood mac ended with 100 points, and the B-52s had 0 points

This one is a tough one.

Queen gave those of us in the CCL the wonderful "Fat bottomed girls", so thats 10 April Flores's or 100 points.

Led Zepplin gave us Stairway to heaven, quite possibly the most requested song of the 70s for radio stations everywhere, so they get 100 points for being cool enough to make a song about a woman thinking money was the root of all happiness into something that straight guys would admit to loving.

Queen gave us Bohemian Rhapsody, a song so good that it is still the only part of "Wayne's World" that I remember, They get 100 points, but there is a penalty of 50 points for being tied to an SNL movie.

Led Zepplin gave us an amazing blues-vibe in our rock, something that would not be done nearly that well for quite some time, so they get 100 points

Queen gave gay people around the world an anthem that didn't try to make them spell anything, so they get 100 points

Led Zepplin fucked a groupie with a shark, (allegedly) quite possibly the sickest thing a band has done to a Groupie until Marilyn Manson came along (He brought devices, not allegedly) 50 points

Queen perfected the art of changing a song's beat and time signature partway through, then changing it again. 100 points for musical ability.

Led Zepplin set an attendance record for the largest attendace to that date for a single act show, which I believes still stands, and over 70 people were arrested out of about 1000 that tried to gate-crash (probably because the tickets were fucking gone by that point) so they get 100 points.

Freddy Mercury literally tore his throat up singing when he had AIDS, and still made a kick-ass song, so that nets them 100 points and my fervent belief that Freddy was the original gay superman.

Led Zepplin has been credited with influencing Black Sabbath as well as Rush and Queen, so that gives them a sweet 200 points, and the victory.
    Ok I didn't see that they were minus points.

Mmmmmm, April Flores. I have you and your wife to thank for showing me her. Which reminds me.....I have to search for movies.

I agree with pretty much everything you're saying so I'll allow you to continue. (Pssssst it's spelled ZEPPELIN)

OK, next round - Van Halen or Guns N Roses?

Blog Entries
    Ok I didn't see that they were minus points.

Mmmmmm, April Flores. I have you and your wife to thank for showing me her. Which reminds me.....I have to search for movies.

I agree with pretty much everything you're saying so I'll allow you to continue. (Pssssst it's spelled ZEPPELIN)

OK, next round - Van Halen or Guns N Roses?
    damn their spelling!
    yeah, April Flores is by far my favorite redhead, and I don't care if the hair is natural or not, the rest of her is

what was going on again?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    damn their spelling!
    yeah, April Flores is by far my favorite redhead, and I don't care if the hair is natural or not, the rest of her is

what was going on again?
    Yes. So much real. *bliss*

Blog Entries
    Yes. So much real. *bliss*
    thought about changing my signature pic to her, but I couldn't find a pic that didn't break either decency standards or the pixel limit

Blog Entries
    Oasis or Nirvana

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Blog Entries
    Guns N' Roses gave us Slash, probably the best guitarist of the 80s and 90s, with a styly that is just awesome. so they get 100 points

Van Halen's debut album went Diamond, which I didn't know was a possibility, but they sold over 10 million copies by 1996, which means that not only were they popular, but that they actually transcended generations. 100 points

Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction was the best selling debut album of all time in the U.S. so they get 100 points, spread out evenly between red, white, and blue.

Van Halen influenced basically everyone who ever wanted to go into rock, and did it with class. so 500 points.

Guns N' Roses were once known as "The Most Dangerous Band in the world" which is a heavy title for a band where nobody even spits fire or anything, which nets them another 100 points.

Van Halen fired David Lee Roth for being too poppy, so they replaced him with Sammy Hagar, which makes little to no sense. that will cost them. -100 points.

Guns N' Roses introduced a frontman that was such a d-bag that I honestly went years thinking it was a gimmick, unfortunatly for all of us, it was not. 50 points since the rest of the band realized that and got out when the getting was good.

Van Halen managed to actually handle splitting with Roth, then Hagar, then Roth again with a rather surprising amount of decorum, unheard of nowadays, so they get a classy 50 points (it would be more, but Sammy Hagar is horrible)

Guns N' Roses managed to release a cover of a Rolling Stones song that I actually liked better than the original (and I love the Stones so much I can't compare them to another band like this) Sympathy for the Devil. 100 points.

with a final score of

Van Halen 550

Guns N' Roses 450

Van Halen walks away with the victory, another in a long, long list of accomplishments.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Oasis or Nirvana
    I cannot honestly compare the two given my personal feelings that Kurt Cobain was one of the worst things to ever happen to music.

Blog Entries
    Roth is still in the band!

Ok here's a tricky one - Deep Purple or Def Leppard?

(I was going to do a Metallica one but I cannot think of another band that would give them a run in terms of longevity and genre-crossing. Thanks for letting me off with that Stones comment btw)

Blog Entries
    Roth is still in the band!

Ok here's a tricky one - Deep Purple or Def Leppard?

(I was going to do a Metallica one but I cannot think of another band that would give them a run in terms of longevity and genre-crossing. Thanks for letting me off with that Stones comment btw)
    No, Roth is back in the band, it's a subtle difference.
    no problem, the Stones are still my favorite group of all time, they are incomparable