Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think Purple is still going
    not really, I mean, they may do the odd appearance here and there, but they aren't making new music (as far as I know)

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries
    Lmao Asher. Bravo. For the record, I believe that BB only flirted with some punk tunes. Forgiveable. I remember having my copy of Licence To Ill while wearing a Vision Street Wear shirt and watching Bones Brigade videos in 1987. Good times. *sigh*

Ok I'm going to line up a few for when you get time;

Bruce Springsteen or Tom Petty or John(ny) (Cougar) Mellencamp? - 3 way dance

The Doors or The Grateful Dead?

Lenny Kravitz or The Black Crowes?

Red Hot Chili Peppers or Pearl Jam?

Devo or Duran Duran?

Sink your teeth into those!

Blog Entries
    Lmao Asher. Bravo. For the record, I believe that BB only flirted with some punk tunes. Forgiveable. I remember having my copy of Licence To Ill while wearing a Vision Street Wear shirt and watching Bones Brigade videos in 1987. Good times. *sigh*

Ok I'm going to line up a few for when you get time;

Bruce Springsteen or Tom Petty or John(ny) (Cougar) Mellencamp? - 3 way dance

The Doors or The Grateful Dead?

Lenny Kravitz or The Black Crowes?

Red Hot Chili Peppers or Pearl Jam?

Devo or Duran Duran?

Sink your teeth into those!
    actually, in like 80 or 81 when they first came out, they were a hardcore punk band. MCA played Bass, and Mike D was on Vocals,
    Ad-Rock was not a part of this incarnation, they got him later.

I'll probably do those tomorrow night, unless I forget,
    one hour and 8 minutes left on my shift, I should probably pretend like I'm working at least

Blog Entries
    Oh shit, yeah you're right. I thought that it was something they toyed with later but I do remember learning that little fact somewhere, sometime and then misplacing it. Ad-Rock would have been what, 12 then? lol

Blog Entries
    Oh shit, yeah you're right. I thought that it was something they toyed with later but I do remember learning that little fact somewhere, sometime and then misplacing it. Ad-Rock would have been what, 12 then? lol
    like 12 or 16, hell I am not sure any of them were 21 yet

Blog Entries
    The Beatles.

Not really a contest. They innovated music and paved the way for bands ahead of them.
    After studying them in university for a year, I could go into detail, but I'd be here all day dissecting them lol!

The J5 were good, no doubt, but they were no Beatles.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Come on Asher, I bet you're not doing much else

Blog Entries
    Come on Asher, I bet you're not doing much else
    Actually I had real work to do, I just got done resetting about 15 routers and dealing with failure alerts from 28 ATMs (bad switch on our end caused shit to just go nuts here for a bit)

but I may be able to do one more before my hour is up and I get to go home and find pictures of some of my favorite alternative models for the hottest woman thread... Though I may need to clear something up with you on that before some of the pics get posted.

Blog Entries
    And here we are:

Three way dance between Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and John "Cougar" Mellencamp for the calming stonerweight championship of the world!!!!!

(Seriously, try and get stoned and listen to any of these three guys. Before you know it, it's Sunday and you've been sitting on your couch long enough that the cushion is permanently squashed, Sleepy Loco knows)

Tom Petty brought us American Girl, a song used for the "Female transformation" montage in many shows, (Though my personal favorite was when Scrubs did it) so they get 100 estrogen points.

Bruce Springsteen made a heartfelt song about how shitty our soldiers were being treated that was done with a level of satire so thick that Ronald Reagan actually stole it to use as his campaign song, despite the fact that it basically railed agaisnt everything he was for. 100 Colbert points.

John Mellencamp created "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" with horror Icon Stephen King. I have not seen it, but my friends that have say it's fucking awesome, so 100 points.

Tom Petty has had no issue with any artist using parts of his work to make their own, even defending RHCP over the controversy surrounding "Dani California" (some claimed that they took "Mary Jane's last dance" to make it, but that is pure bullshit) so he gets 700 points for helping to encourage artistic freedom. (In fact, the quote below was from when he was asked about it in an interview with Rolling Stone)

"I seriously doubt that there is any negative intent there. And a lot of rock 'n' roll songs sound alike. Ask Chuck Berry. The Strokes took 'American Girl' for their song '[Last Nite]', and I saw an interview with them where they actually admitted it. That made me laugh out loud. I was like, 'OK, good for you' ... If someone took my song note for note and stole it maliciously, then maybe [I'd sue]. But I don't believe in lawsuits much. I think there are enough frivolous lawsuits in this country without people fighting over pop songs." (Seriously, how cool is he?)

Bruce Springsteen is known for encouraging his fans to donate to food banks, and then matches whatever they donate. 500 points for putting his money where his mouth is.

John mellencamp performed for the troops at the Walter Reed Medical center, even after they wouldn't let his friend (Singer and activist Joan Baez, google her) come with
    600 points for not letting politics interfere with supporting injured soldiers.

Tom Petty actually turned a girl into a cake and ate her, in one of the weirdest music videos I have ever seen, 100 crazy points.

Bruce Springsteen has had at least 3 films created that were inspired by his music, something I didn't know happened. 200 points.

John Mellencamp has been performing since 1976 and still hasn't lost a step 100 points

Tom Petty proved that you don't have to be handsome, or even moderately good looking to be a successful musician 900 points.

Bruce Springsteen has won 21 grammy awards (by far the most out of the three) 200 points.

John Mellencamp made "Rodeo Clown" probably the best song I have ever heard that was written just to bash a politician. 100 points.

Your Totals are!!!!!

Tom Petty 1100

Bruce Springsteen 1000

John Mellencamp 900

and the winner and new champion is..... TOM FUCKING PETTY!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Sure what's the beef?