Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

who's the better band?

me & my cousin are arguing who do you think is the better band the Jackson 5 or the Beatles?

Blog Entries
    Well The Jackson 5 were more of a group, in that they didn't really have a hand in the creative process and were more performers than anything. Which has it's own merit. The Beatles were predominantly creative, even going so far as to retire from live performing some time before they broke up. So it's apples and pineapples really - two very different things. Both good, both classic - it's just personal preference

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    Its defiantly The Beatles. They had a bigger influence on pop-culture and even that is an understatement. I like the Jackson 5 but The Beatles were revolutionary, the Jackson 5 weren't.
    Defiantly?

Blog Entries
    Sheesh Robstar, after looking at you signature...I only thought Rick Steiner was the Dog Faced Gremlin

On topic. The Beatles hands down. I actually like J5 but the Beatles have them beat to me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    Sheesh Robstar, after looking at you signature...I only thought Rick Steiner was the Dog Faced Gremlin

On topic. The Beatles hands down. I actually like J5 but the Beatles have them beat to me
    Poot gonna get banned!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Poot gonna get banned!!!
    NOOOOOO not the hefty banhammer of hate and doom!! *cowers in fear, poops, smells said poop, passes out, wakes up, smells poop again, then blames someone else*

Blog Entries
    The Beatles had a larger influence on music as a whole. that nets them a clean 50 points for posterity

The Jackson 5 showed us what testosterone-blocking drugs and a psychotic fanbase can turn a pre-teen into. that gives them the PSA bonus of 50 points.

The Beatles convinced at least one psychotic megalomaniac to try and start a "Race war" in the stupidest possible manor - 10 bloody points

The Jackson 5 launched Janet's career, which had many years of her being way too damn hot - 50 sexy points

The Beatles reinvented the "Rockstar entrance" complete with screaming fangirls and that walk from the plane on the tarmac that so many other bands have tried to duplicate - 50 screaming points.

The Beatles win, by 10 points. This was a close one ladies and gentlemen, it really could have gone either way.

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries
    Lol Asher, well done. Shall we move onto the next round?

Ok my turn - who's better - Fleetwood Mac or The B-52's?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Lol Asher, well done. Shall we move onto the next round?

Ok my turn - who's better - Fleetwood Mac or The B-52's?
    Ok, let's do this (Yeah, I am really that fucking bored)

the B-52s, had Cowbell as an official instrument in their lineup (Fred played the cowbell professionally for many years, we are told) so that gives them 10 Christopher Walken points, which are worth 50 normal points.

Fleetwood Mac gave us Stevie Nicks, who was able to somehow work her devil-woman magic and convince goth girls that scarves and flowing clothing were much better looking that dressing like an overstuffed sausage (She was totally right) so they get 50 fashionista points.

The B-52s gave us "Love Shack" a song that it is impossible to fail at singing, no matter how drunk you are, so they get 50 karaoke points.

Fleetwood Mac was able to roll with multiple members leaving, and actually managed to keep somewhat successful and reinvent their sound. so they get 50 AO points (Adapt and overcome)

The B-52s attracted me to quirky, geeky girls at a young age, indirectly leading to my first marriage and subsequent divorce 11 months later. so they get -100 points.

Fleetwood Mac wins by a landslide
    Bob: Well I guess that's what happens when the judge is a biased son of a bitch
    Asher: shut the fuck up Bob

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm, that don't add up *scratches head*

OK, while we're here, let's go again (a hard one) - Queen or Led Zeppelin?

(Very funny by the way Asher)