Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Camp America

  1. #1
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Camp America

    A friend of mine is doing the Camp America thing this summer, and it got me curious, what is it?

    So, has anyone been? What is it? What do you get out of it? Is it worth doing?

    I'm thinking of doing it perhaps next year, so any information on it would be beneficial.
    And don't be a smart-ass just give a link to the website lol!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  2. #2
    if its camping out in american then i been doing it since i was 5.

  3. #3
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,797
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    if its camping out in american then i been doing it since i was 5.


    I'm referring to this
    http://www.campamerica.co.uk/

    I'm surprised as someone who's from the states that you haven't heard of it. I thought it was a pretty big deal.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post


    I'm referring to this
    http://www.campamerica.co.uk/

    I'm surprised as someone who's from the states that you haven't heard of it. I thought it was a pretty big deal.
    It's not a big deal here.

  5. #5
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,797
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    It's not a big deal here.
    Ok, not really the kind of info I'm looking for, but thanks anyway.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  6. #6
    Super Member Daffy Duck's Finest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Across The Pond
    Posts
    954
    Blog Entries
    6
    I did it in 2008 using BUNAC. Basically you can do a variety things at a children's summer camp abroad, usually in America - from teaching a specific sport to being a member of the kitchen crew.
    You need a certain type of visa (mine was a student exchange one) to work there, which means you would have to arrange a visit to the country's embassy in question to obtain it, probably in London. It costs a fair bit, but you'll make the money back from working there.

    Without a doubt it was the greatest summer of my life, and it allowed me to travel to places throughout the U.S (although as I was in Maine, my choices to begin with weren't substantial). I'd definitely recommend it.

    Let me know if you need more info!


    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2011: 9th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2012: 27th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2013: 18th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2014: 37th

    EWN Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Champion 2012



  7. #7
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,797
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy Duck's Finest View Post
    I did it in 2008 using BUNAC. Basically you can do a variety things at a children's summer camp abroad, usually in America - from teaching a specific sport to being a member of the kitchen crew.
    You need a certain type of visa (mine was a student exchange one) to work there, which means you would have to arrange a visit to the country's embassy in question to obtain it, probably in London. It costs a fair bit, but you'll make the money back from working there.

    Without a doubt it was the greatest summer of my life, and it allowed me to travel to places throughout the U.S (although as I was in Maine, my choices to begin with weren't substantial). I'd definitely recommend it.

    Let me know if you need more info!
    Sounds good. From what I see, it's about $500/$600 total costs, and you can make as much as $1000 back through the work. Plus of course you get accommodation and food included.
    It's like some sort of working holiday in a way then right?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  8. #8
    Super Member Daffy Duck's Finest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Across The Pond
    Posts
    954
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Sounds good. From what I see, it's about $500/$600 total costs, and you can make as much as $1000 back through the work. Plus of course you get accommodation and food included.
    It's like some sort of working holiday in a way then right?
    Yes pretty much. Taking my time as an example, I worked around 8am - 9pm every day and had one day off per week, plus a 2 day holiday in between the two periods of the camp being open.

    In addition, you can always arrange it so that you get a certain amount of period of time to travel after camp finishes. As the visa lasts 6 months you can have plenty of time to go travelling, as camp wont last more than 3 months.


    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2011: 9th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2012: 27th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2013: 18th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2014: 37th

    EWN Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Champion 2012



  9. #9
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,797
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy Duck's Finest View Post
    Yes pretty much. Taking my time as an example, I worked around 8am - 9pm every day and had one day off per week, plus a 2 day holiday in between the two periods of the camp being open.

    In addition, you can always arrange it so that you get a certain amount of period of time to travel after camp finishes. As the visa lasts 6 months you can have plenty of time to go travelling, as camp wont last more than 3 months.
    Sounds awesome, especially since I've been wanting to travel the US at some point.
    Thanks for the info man!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  10. #10
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,797
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bumping for more info if there's any out there.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.