Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Reminds me of an old man who was here and said the same thing.

It was never in NXT in the first place. In fact, you will never see it. You won't find it in a place of growth. NXT provides that growth for younger stars. I'm happy for the NXT guys because half of them are great wrestlers who can deliver as entertainers.

Besides, I never wanted you to agree with me. I'm more explaining....a different view from the same point lol
    Who's that then SG?

I think Ernest is being awfully elitist in his "if I don't like it, noone else will" summary of things. Sure, the audience has been prepped to receive wrestling soap opera as opposed to action, but it's in a sad and sorry state because of that. NXT feels like old school wrestling shows to me, I like it.

Honestly, in the last month or so I have made it a priority to see NXT, RAW or Smackdown not so much.
    Profile Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Who's that then SG?

I think Ernest is being awfully elitist in his "if I don't like it, noone else will" summary of things. Sure, the audience has been prepped to receive wrestling soap opera as opposed to action, but it's in a sad and sorry state because of that. NXT feels like old school wrestling shows to me, I like it.
    Your boyfriend who was skilled in urinating in showers

Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    Honestly, in the last month or so I have made it a priority to see NXT, RAW or Smackdown not so much.
    Basically this for me. I am more excited of NXT nowadays.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    Your boyfriend who was skilled in urinating in showers

Basically this for me. I am more excited of NXT nowadays.
    Sounds like you're mad jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Sounds like you're mad jealous
    Nah bro. I have higher standards. I don't enjoy walking on piss as much as you do lol

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    I miss IPITS. Some days.

Reminds me of an old man who was here and said the same thing.

It was never in NXT in the first place. In fact, you will never see it. You won't find it in a place of growth. NXT provides that growth for younger stars. I'm happy for the NXT guys because half of them are great wrestlers who can deliver as entertainers.

Besides, I never wanted you to agree with me. I'm more explaining....a different view from the same point lol
    Didn't say we need to agree, we can always agree to disagree, I'm not here to argue (at least not all the time, Robstar, it's just my way of speaking, sorry about that), you just said I can't deny one thing that I most certainly do deny.
    Ok, the thing is that I don't really differ from most of not-that-old bears and I'm still stuck in Attitude Era. I think this was the oldschool wrestling, not athleticism. Of course, I find it extremely exciting when I see stars showing off their magnificent abilities, but this is what I watch all the Jericho's, Ziggler's and Punk's matches for. And you have to agree that these guys have much better mic skills than other main rosters stars.
    But all those things were never in FCW. Maybe it's because as soon as young talents who started to show that they're not only skilled in fighting were transfered to Smackdown (Cesaro, Sandow, earlier Ziggler, MacIntyre - I don't really know how to write his name, sorry if made a mistake).

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Wert View Post
    Didn't say we need to agree, we can always agree to disagree, I'm not here to argue (at least not all the time, Robstar, it's just my way of speaking, sorry about that), you just said I can't deny one thing that I most certainly do deny.
    Ok, the thing is that I don't really differ from most of not-that-old bears and I'm still stuck in Attitude Era. I think this was the oldschool wrestling, not athleticism. Of course, I find it extremely exciting when I see stars showing off their magnificent abilities, but this is what I watch all the Jericho's, Ziggler's and Punk's matches for. And you have to agree that these guys have much better mic skills than other main rosters stars.
    But all those things were never in FCW. Maybe it's because as soon as young talents who started to show that they're not only skilled in fighting were transfered to Smackdown (Cesaro, Sandow, earlier Ziggler, MacIntyre - I don't really know how to write his name, sorry if made a mistake).
    I guess if you want to have that bar set up high for the young guys who are on NXT and showing us what they can do but it is rather unfair though. We know NXT won't be up to par with RAW or SD! but that isn't a bad thing since they are the upstarts. We watch it because the future of the WWE is where everything shines. Right now they are diamonds in the rough.

Time can only tell man.

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Wert View Post
    Well, sorry, guys, I can't agree with you. For me wrestling is storylines and charismatic guys who have excellent mic skills and five moves including four signature ones. I don't see it in NXT, except for Paige, Guerrero, Ascension, Graves and older Rotunda. The rest... Is silence.
    They are slowly working in promos. Ohno cut one a few weeks ago that was fantastic. I think you're missing about half a dozen or so guys from that list. To me, you can get a Divas match that is an actual match that lasts longer than a piss break. You have McIntyre, Hennig and a few others that are getting to showcase what they have (i.e., great talent). Basically you have just really good wrestling. I can't tell you how excited I am when it's Wednesday (have to find them quick on youtube before they are pulled...not shown here in the States for whatever reason). So many of these guys are getting the chance to show their talent, gain that audience, and then transition much more smoothly into the big leagues. The Ascension could've been totally swallowed up or been another Highlanders if they had just showed up one day on Raw. What made Barrett and his crew so popular and made it easier to transition was that they had NXT. People got a chance to watch these guys grow. Now, the cream has risen to the top and most of the original NXT guys are some of the WWE's big future guys. With what they're doing now with NXT you are getting a chance to see these guys grow and become the next big thing. The best part about it for me is that there's no merchandise wars, no popularity contests, no need to feel like you've got to do some dumb gimmick or use some dumb catchphrase because otherwise you'll be forgotten. NXT is essentially what "watching wrestling" should be.
    Why Tebow when you can Beltre instead?

Best show not on a tv channel!!