Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 475556575859 67 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Completely agree its straight up business!!

Besides did you really think any WWE main roster guys where actually going to win the NXT Tag Titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post

Besides did you really think any WWE main roster guys where actually going to win the NXT Tag Titles?
    That was pretty much my main point. At the NXT tapings WWE always uses guys who don't make it on TV anymore to give them some ring time and to work with the up and comers and maybe teach them a thing or two.

Of course not. But that's part of the problem. They're putting the main roster guys into a scenario where they HAVE to lose. They shouldn't have even been in the tournament.

They're not going to win because it undermines the developmental talent, but losing to them makes them look like huge scrubs.

Also it makes the NXT talent look kind of dumb because if they can beat a WWE Superstar, why are they still on NXT?

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    Of course not. But that's part of the problem. They're putting the main roster guys into a scenario where they HAVE to lose. They shouldn't have even been in the tournament.

They're not going to win because it undermines the developmental talent, but losing to them makes them look like huge scrubs.

Also it makes the NXT talent look kind of dumb because if they can beat a WWE Superstar, why are they still on NXT?
    Well argued i give you props for that!!

NXT Superstar, Cory Graves is the next rookie out of WWE's developmental promotion who is rumored to move up to the main roster. According to reports, Graves was on the road with WWE, working this weekend's live shows, and was backstage at last night's Monday Night Raw in Atlanta.
    Not sure how much I would buy into this as many NXT stars work live events and have been backstage at Raw. Conor and Leo Kruger were both working live events this past two weeks along with Graves.

Graves worked a match at the house show I went to on December 2nd.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    Graves worked a match at the house show I went to on December 2nd.
    Yep, most of the higher ups in NXT's developmental have worked many dark matches. Last year before Mania I attended a house show and Leo Kruger worked a dark match against Ryder. Xavier Woods and Richie Steamboat have also worked dark matches last year. That's why I try not to put a lot of trust into reports until I actually see them wrestle on a Raw/Smackdown/PPV.

Some news on the WWE/NXT tryouts:

The WWE tryouts at NXT this past weekend were described as grueling as hell and very physical. One wrestler noted that it was the toughest time of his life.

One talent who paid to be in the tryouts quit in the middle of the first day. There were between 10 and 14 injuries suffered over the weekend and a source noted that most of the guys that got hurt were non-wrestling guys who came in thinking they were tough.
    No word yet on who will be offered deals but officials at the tryouts said they would be making offers in 2-4 weeks.

Popular wrestlers who attended the tryouts include ROH TV Champion Adam Cole, Maria's boyfriend Mike Bennett, DGUSA star Samuray del Sol, independent star Ricky Reyes, Northeastern wrestler Smith James and Luke Hawx from Extreme Rising. There was talk that Sami Callihan was there but that's not confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    Some news on the WWE/NXT tryouts:
    I hope to hear the name of the guy that left after the first day haha

I hope to hear the name of the guy that left after the first day haha
    My guess is, the guy isn't even a wrestler. He's probably an athlete that thought it was gonna be easy.

I remember years ago watching this documentary and they showed the WCW Power Plant and man those guys got put through one helluva workout regime. They left soar and hardly able to walk.

Pro wrestling always gets a bad rap but damn these guys are tough as nails after seeing what they go through.