Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Angry What's Wrong With EWN?

So it goes something like this. Certain users have been more concerned with the welfare of themselves, rather than that of the site as a whole. These users don't care if the site burns. They want to have their fun RIGHT NOW and don't plan on sticking around. These people are the first to say they don't care what you think, but the first to cry to Uncle Fwankie if you want to do something about it.

The concern is that users more involved with the e-feds, gatecrash the main discussion part of the site with their groups & characters (efed writing styles evidenced by the popularity of the one sentence replies) and bombard regular members with their ridiculous hashtagging and ganging up – driving away new and longterm users alike. And thusly, they are giving those who know where their character begins and ends, those who are in general more respectful and reciprocating and level headed a bad name. Essentially, they have ruined the e-feds.

The mods haven’t replied to people because their hands got tied by all the people stomping their feet and complaining that ‘things just ain’t fair’ and ‘why shouldn’t I be able to say whatever I want’ and yes, the good old “I won’t say anything now, but wait until it goddamn well suits me”. Because while you may know how to play the game to your advantage – you’re taking all the fun out of it.

I'll fight for this site because I helped build it. It would be amiss of me to bail out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    So it goes something like this. Certain users have been more concerned with the welfare of themselves, rather than that of the site as a whole. These users don't care if the site burns. They want to have their fun RIGHT NOW and don't plan on sticking around. These people are the first to say they don't care what you think, but the first to cry to Uncle Fwankie if you want to do something about it.

The concern is that users more involved with the e-feds, gatecrash the main discussion part of the site with their groups & characters (efed writing styles evidenced by the popularity of the one sentence replies) and bombard regular members with their ridiculous hashtagging and ganging up – driving away new and longterm users alike. And thusly, they are giving those who know where their character begins and ends, those who are in general more respectful and reciprocating and level headed a bad name. Essentially, they have ruined the e-feds.

The mods haven’t replied to people because their hands got tied by all the people stomping their feet and complaining that ‘things just ain’t fair’ and ‘why shouldn’t I be able to say whatever I want’ and yes, the good old “I won’t say anything now, but wait until it goddamn well suits me”. Because while you may know how to play the game to your advantage – you’re taking all the fun out of it.

I'll fight for this site because I helped build it. It would be amiss of me to bail out now.
    I second you Robstar, I am tired of certain people's bullshit, the rules need to be a bit more strict around here, people are getting away with anything but are the first to complain when nothing's going their way and they know who they are!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

sounds good, now all that is needed is a plan.

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Well put and absolutely correct. Certain users do in fact make the majority look bad and it hurts EWN. I do hope that the trouble makers who are causing the problems get dealt with and no drastic measures need to be made.

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    sounds good, now all that is needed is a plan.
    Plan is simple: tell me who are the troublemakers and I will make sure they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Plan is simple: tell me who are the troublemakers and I will make sure they are gone.
    Good plan, and that is how it should be. The only issue I can see is users feeling they may not have the right to say something about another user.

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    Well put and absolutely correct. Certain users do in fact make the majority look bad and it hurts EWN. I do hope that the trouble makers who are causing the problems get dealt with and no drastic measures need to be made.
    At this point, it will go to that level.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks a TON for posting this on here too. There's rabid packs of hyena's on this board just waiting to find a chink in someones armor just to expose a nerve and keep at it until you boil over. And as you said, more level headed people get in trouble because of that. It's a shame and then when they do that to you and they do something bad, it's bad they got caught and they wanna cry but, it was great of them to do it to you. Jerks.

This site has gone WAY down since I first came here. I've seen this trend of new users be the cause of the decline with how they act. Their "Hyena" mentality. It's disgusting and it needs to stop.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Just to add to this. Give valid proof as to why and how they are causing trouble and not randomly pointing fingers and throwing others under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    Good plan, and that is how it should be. The only issue I can see is users feeling they may not have the right to say something about another user.
    They have to step it up. They better believe me in that.