Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Too Many New Guys?

Lately the WWE has been introducing a lot of new guys, and of course with each new guy comes a push.

We had Brodus Clay re-debut at the beginning of the year and since then he has been involved in a lot of squash matches.
    Tensai and Ryback more recently returned with new gimmicks, and much like Brodus, they are also receiving strong squash matches (although Tensai's has been toned down a little).

We also have the likes of Sin Cara, Sandow and Cesaro, who are also receiving pushes on Smackdown, not to mention the likes of Curtis and Bateman who are still stuck on NXT.

And with the impending debut of Ambrose (who will most likely get some squash matches and a big push to) do you think the WWE have introduced too many new guys at once? Do you think some of these pushes should end, and if so who do you think should stop being pushed?

Personally I think there are too many guys being pushed in squash matches at the same time, whilst the likes of Kidd, McIntyre, Gabriel, Hunico, Hawkins etc are being used to get them over, even though they themselves could be bigger names.

Blog Entries
    I agree, there's a constant backlog of guys coming through the door and they're failing to push people properly. Instead they're doing the old "If they don't catch on straight away, look forward to being future endeavoured" approach. It's a tremendous waste.

Blog Entries
    I agree. Take Caesaro for example. He debuted several weeks ago, he's been put in a sort of storyline with Aksana and Teddy Long (why?), and already I've forgotten about him and don't care for him at all.

I thought WWE had a policy in place with these new guys where they only debuted on the main roster if there was a long term pan in place for them? Seems that's gone out the window a bit to me.

Caesero may have had something in his contract making them use him, and they rushed it earlier than they should have.
    Some good points, however the guys there must not be pushing themselves to grasp these oppertunities, as evident by the statements by Regal, JR and Heyman.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Lately the WWE has been introducing a lot of new guys, and of course with each new guy comes a push.

We had Brodus Clay re-debut at the beginning of the year and since then he has been involved in a lot of squash matches.
    Tensai and Ryback more recently returned with new gimmicks, and much like Brodus, they are also receiving strong squash matches (although Tensai's has been toned down a little).

We also have the likes of Sin Cara, Sandow and Cesaro, who are also receiving pushes on Smackdown, not to mention the likes of Curtis and Bateman who are still stuck on NXT.

And with the impending debut of Ambrose (who will most likely get some squash matches and a big push to) do you think the WWE have introduced too many new guys at once? Do you think some of these pushes should end, and if so who do you think should stop being pushed?

Personally I think there are too many guys being pushed in squash matches at the same time, whilst the likes of Kidd, McIntyre, Gabriel, Hunico, Hawkins etc are being used to get them over, even though they themselves could be bigger names.
    I agree with this. Hawkins & Reks should be tearing up the tag division (although jobbing in singles won't hurt them too bad if they're primarily used as a team). McIntyre should be a strong midcarder like he was a few years ago. Tyson Kidd & Alex Riley should be used as jobbers to the stars, losing in competitive efforts to the likes of Kane and Daniel Bryan.

If anyone has to be used as jobbers, use the developmental guys. With NXT exclusively at the Full Sail studio, these guys have no way of seamlessly transitioning to the bigger WWE crowds, and using them as jobbers instead would be a good way to get them used to performing in front of a larger audience.

Blog Entries
    Yeah there is only so many times they can squash Yoshi and Slater...while the WWE certainly needs to build new talent for their thin superstar roster all around I think this is more a call for quality rather than quantity...we want to see characters that are different and interesting and see them used in different and interesting ways...the "squash" unstoppable formulas of yesteryear do not always work for everyone these days...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Why have Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero become singles wrestlers when they are already a great tag team to push that division?A rugby player gimmick?Come on creative?

Blog Entries
    Yes, there are far too many people coming out at once for the casual fans to really get invested in any one of them. While it seems like they each have a plan, it also looks like they are all using the same playbook for that plan, so it is just garbage.
    Hopefully the cream will rise to the top, and not be drowned out by the chaff (yeah, I'm mixing metaphors, so there )

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Its the simple adage of way to many good wrestlers to little air time. Solution get more air time fills in with punk and cena again nobody gets over and with raw going to 3 hours it will sadly continue.

There has been a lot of new faces lately, most I don't care for just due to my prefernce. Sandow & Ryback could be top level guys but I suspect Ryback will suffer in the long run. Tensai and Cesaro just bore me to death.

I just pray that when Ambose appears he gets the opportunity to really shine, I've been watching some of this guys matches and promos and he's the dogs danglers.

I expect him to make a shuddering impact when he debuts.

Thanks For The Memories