Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

AAPW Wrestling from Austin, TX

Now currently I only commentate for AAPW in Austin, Texas but according to the booker here and other bookers who see our show I could be calling and announcing more matches, but I decided I would post some of the better ones I call to help get the names of the wrestlers out there. The first match I am going to post is Ricky Starks vs Kash Money for the Vacant AAPW Heavyweight title. Enjoy.

Last edited by PrimusSucks; 12-30-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Change the title of the thread.

Blog Entries

My first promo, it is obviously a work in progress, but I think it is pretty decent. Check it out and tell me what I did wrong or anything like that.

Blog Entries
    fucking awesome
    I need to get out and see the local shows, where are you guys usually at?
    or y'know, website info works too

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimusSucks View Post

My first promo, it is obviously a work in progress, but I think it is pretty decent. Check it out and tell me what I did wrong or anything like that.
    Ok, don't hate me after this:

Bad stuff first.

Lots of eye movement, it takes away a bit from what you are saying because it makes me wonder what is going on behind the camera that has your attention.

good emotion at first, but it felt like you kinda got uninterested for a bit and then got better.

Not sure if pointing at shit that nobody can see is a good idea.

on to the good stuff.

Great work selling a lot of these matches being worthwhile, especially the "Five star match"

good sense of presence, you always seem to know right where you are in relation to the camera, and that can be a hard trick to learn.

good enunciation. you kept a solid tone throughout and were very clear and easy to understand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Ok, don't hate me after this:

Bad stuff first.

Lots of eye movement, it takes away a bit from what you are saying because it makes me wonder what is going on behind the camera that has your attention.

good emotion at first, but it felt like you kinda got uninterested for a bit and then got better.

Not sure if pointing at shit that nobody can see is a good idea.

on to the good stuff.

Great work selling a lot of these matches being worthwhile, especially the "Five star match"

good sense of presence, you always seem to know right where you are in relation to the camera, and that can be a hard trick to learn.

good enunciation. you kept a solid tone throughout and were very clear and easy to understand.
    Thanks, that is exactly the response I was looking for, if I am going to cut promos or do ring interviews like I do then I need to know a lot of that stuff, I see you are from Austin and we are in need of any support we can get, but we are located at 6910 Shirley Lane, which is in view of the corner of Airport and Lamar. We don't have a website honestly which sucks, but we have a wrestling school too and everything.

Now I was actually going to change the focus of this thread to the wrestlers in AAPW, because they tape quite a few promos and I would love to show them off because we have a lot of talent here.

Blog Entries

Sign Guy with "The Legend" Mr. B after losing to Papadon and losing control of AAPW.

Sign Guy with Ricky Starks after losing to Kash Money in their match for the AAPW Heavyweight Title.

Sign Guy with Jenna Jynx and Sarah Green after Jenna beat Jackson Pendragon gaining control of the House Of D, and after Sarah Green turned on the commentary team and joined the House Of D.

Sign Guy with Kash Money after winning the Vacant AAPW Heavyweight Title in a match with Ricky Starks, that match is in the OP if you want to see it, it was incredible if you ask me.
    Last edited by PrimusSucks; 06-14-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sign guy is fucking hilarious

yeah, I live close to the Austin/Pflugerville border

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Sign guy is fucking hilarious

yeah, I live close to the Austin/Pflugerville border
    You aren't far at all, we have a huge show on July 7 that is you can only see one that would be the one to see.

Ya, Sign Guy is a character, cool dude in person too, I had him, Sarah Green, and Jenna Jynx with me on commentary once and I may have had fun but lets just say my sexuality was questioned more than it ever has been before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimusSucks View Post
    You aren't far at all, we have a huge show on July 7 that is you can only see one that would be the one to see.

Ya, Sign Guy is a character, cool dude in person too, I had him, Sarah Green, and Jenna Jynx with me on commentary once and I may have had fun but lets just say my sexuality was questioned more than it ever has been before.
    lmao, after the next round of scheduling I will have to see if I have the 7th free.
    I know it's a bit to ask, but could you PM me with the details on location/price that sort of thing?

Blog Entries

Sign Guy's Corner with The Egyptian God Anubis after his loss to Zane Coxx

Sign Guy's Corner with Zane Coxx after beating Anubis

The already mentioned match between Zane Coxx and Anubis. (That is me announcing)

And the match that probably stole the whole show, a hardcore match between The Legend Mr. B and Darkstar