THQ loses the UFC license

THQ AND ZUFFA ANNOUNCE TRANSFER OF ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP

VIDEOGAME LICENSE AGREEMENT

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. & LAS VEGAS, Nev., June 4, 2012 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and Zuffa, LLC, today announced that they have reached an agreement to transfer THQ’s exclusive, worldwide license with Zuffa to publish videogames based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) brand to Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), effective today, in exchange for an undisclosed cash payment to THQ.

“Over the last three years, THQ has delivered best-in-class, all-encompassing experiences to MMA fans, sports enthusiasts and fighting gamers around the globe with its UFC Undisputed™ series. We want to thank them for their stewardship of our brand," said Lorenzo Fertitta, Chairman and CEO of Zuffa. “We look forward to joining forces with EA to leverage their sports platform, and expand our brand in the video game space.”

Brian Farrell, THQ’s Chairman and CEO, commented, “We have relished our relationship with UFC over the last several years and believe that the UFC gaming brand is in great shape. THQ’s more focused strategy moving forward meant that transferring the license to EA made sense to all parties. We would like to thank UFC for their great support and partnership and wish EA all the best moving forward.”

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/go/arti...ufc_undisputed

Looks like THQ are still struggling, I don't know if EA will do a better job than THQ since THQ had the best MMA games and EA MMA failed in comparison to Undisputed, what do you guys think about this?

Fucking great. Another awesome game that will be ruined by EA.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

EA MMA was much better than Undisputed.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

EA is the best, glad to hear that

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....