Administrator
    Blog Entries

Site Loading/Forum Loading Speed

Hey guys, I had a few experts take a look at my server a few days ago and optimized some of the features. Afterwards I saw some sporadic traffic on the site. I wanted to check to see if anyone has noticed any speed issues or loading issues with the main site or the forum?

If so, please let me know and we will figure out a way to fix anything that might not be so convenient.

Thanks,
    Frank

Blog Entries
    Hi Frank, The friendly neighborhood Poot-Hair here.

I've been having some issues getting parts of the forum to load here recently. I'm a big e-fedder and there have been quite a few times I would click on the thread I want to post in and the screen would just blank on me. I'd have to refresh a couple/few times to get it to finally come up. Also on the news main page, I would click on the story I want to read and it would do the same thing, just blank out (white screen) on me and I'd have to refresh before it would come up.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this same issue but I thought I would point it out since you were asking for feedback. Now that things have been optimized, it may have already became a non-issue. If it doest it to me again, I'll be sure to post it right here and let you know.

Take care!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    Hi Frank, The friendly neighborhood Poot-Hair here.

I've been having some issues getting parts of the forum to load here recently. I'm a big e-fedder and there have been quite a few times I would click on the thread I want to post in and the screen would just blank on me. I'd have to refresh a couple/few times to get it to finally come up. Also on the news main page, I would click on the story I want to read and it would do the same thing, just blank out (white screen) on me and I'd have to refresh before it would come up.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this same issue but I thought I would point it out since you were asking for feedback. Now that things have been optimized, it may have already became a non-issue. If it doest it to me again, I'll be sure to post it right here and let you know.

Take care!
    Thanks Poot, can you tell me about what time frame this occurred in?

Was this more than two weeks ago or was this more of a recent and continuously occuring problem?

Thanks!
    Frank

Hi Frank, I have had some loading issues with the e-fed section the past few days, but I suspect that may just be my computer. However I did have a few issues late last night with the the forum section not loading at all, I received a few errors, this last for only a few minutes and than I was able to return to the forum section. Hope that helps.
    Profile Retired

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    Hi Frank, I have had some loading issues with the e-fed section the past few days, but I suspect that may just be my computer. However I did have a few issues late last night with the the forum section not loading at all, I received a few errors, this last for only a few minutes and than I was able to return to the forum section. Hope that helps.
    I had this same problem last night. I shut my computer down then came back on. When I got back on I noticed that there were alot less people here. So I assume alot of people had this problem last night.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."

Blog Entries
    I've had a problem for about 2 weeks or so with loading pages. No pages in particular, just random ones. When I tried loading them, they'd just take forever and eventually it came up saying 'Database Error' and a couple of paragraphs of other technical stuff I don't understand.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I have small issues every now and than where the site takes ages to load and sometimes it just says error can't load. Usually in The Efed section

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Thanks Poot, can you tell me about what time frame this occurred in?

Was this more than two weeks ago or was this more of a recent and continuously occuring problem?

Thanks!
    Frank
    Both actually. It's done it off and on for awhile now, I'd say upwards of a month or two. The last time it did it to me was a couple days ago I believe. I had originally thought it was my computer but this is a brand new HP.