Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Drew McIntyre

  1. #1

    Drew McIntyre

    I just got done watching Superstars and it was Christian vs. Drew McIntyre. But first off why in the hell is Christian a returning wrestler and the new Intercontinental Champion wrestling on Superstars.
    Back on topic, why is Drew McIntyre being so under used and when he is used he does not win matches. Seriously Drew has great wrestling ability(in my opinion), in he has a very sexy look(no homo). And I'm not sure if it was true or just part of the storyline but Drew was handpicked by Mr. McMahon, if that does not scream Main event then what does. Even Heath Slater gets used more and I have nothing against Heath at all. I just basically won't to get your ideas on why he is not being used to has full potential.

    Lets talk about that.
    THE GRIM REAPER OF THE IWC


  2. #2
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,063
    Blog Entries
    1
    Firstly, it's good to see some star power like Christian on Superstars. It's probably just a way to get more people to watch the show. I recall that they had Swagger and Ryder on the show a few times when they were US champ. Ziggler's been on Superstars a few times recently. By putting the mid card titles and upper mid card stars on Superstars WWE hope that it will draw in more people to watch the show.

    As for Drew McIntyre, your guess is as good as mine as to why he isn't being used better. He has the complete package to be successful in WWE IMO, but for some reason or other, he's not being used.
    He must have rubbed someone the wrong way backstage or something.
    In time though, I think the tide will turn for him. He's a talented guy, and WWE will realize that at some point.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  3. #3
    I agree with Tommy, the show needs some star power. WWE can't expect the show to get views if there aren't any people that are cared about wrestling. When the show was first created Cena, Undertaker and many other main eventers were mainstays. So if the show is supposed to been as important, important people need to be on it.

    In fact, in my opinion it would be a HUGE boon to the show to not only have champions compete on the show, but maybe a title should even change hands as well. Let Santino lose the US Title to Otunga or Swagger on Superstars and the show almost immediately becomes an interesting product that people will be eager to tune into to see what happens next.
    It's a lot harder to rise above hate than people think.....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Slivon View Post
    he has a very sexy look(no homo)
    I agree with you about everything but this line. You don't need to write no homo, it's silly, you can say a guy is handsome and that doesn't mean you want to have sex with him.
    If anything, writing no homo makes me think it bothers you that you do find him attractive... You make it a bigger deal yourself.


    Drew deserves a lot better than he's got over this last year, he's been wasted and I don't know why. Easily as good as Barrett and Sheamus but nowhere near the same push since he was IC champ.
    If it is just because he's annoyed someone, it's a massive waste of talent because the guy could be making them a lot of money.
    Last edited by tchocky360; 05-31-2012 at 09:02 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JVG227 View Post
    I agree with Tommy, the show needs some star power. WWE can't expect the show to get views if there aren't any people that are cared about wrestling. When the show was first created Cena, Undertaker and many other main eventers were mainstays. So if the show is supposed to been as important, important people need to be on it.

    In fact, in my opinion it would be a HUGE boon to the show to not only have champions compete on the show, but maybe a title should even change hands as well. Let Santino lose the US Title to Otunga or Swagger on Superstars and the show almost immediately becomes an interesting product that people will be eager to tune into to see what happens next.
    I guess that since over few years that Superstars was around it seemed as if it was a show to give the lower level superstars a chance to wrestler on TV and now on Youtube(for us Americans). So seeing Christian on there to me seemed like a bad move on WWE part for Christian. But after hearing it the way you and Tommy explained it makes plenty of since.
    Quote Originally Posted by tchocky360 View Post
    I agree with you about everything but this line. You don't need to write no homo, it's silly, you can say a guy is handsome and that doesn't mean you want to have sex with him.
    If anything, writing no homo makes me think it bothers you that you do find him attractive... You make it a bigger deal yourself.


    Drew deserves a lot better than he's got over this last year, he's been wasted and I don't know why. Easily as good as Barrett and Sheamus but nowhere near the same push since he was IC champ.
    If it is just because he's annoyed someone, it's a massive waste of talent because the guy could be making them a lot of money.
    And I would have said handsome but for some reason that word never came into my head, I wish it did.
    THE GRIM REAPER OF THE IWC


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Slivon View Post
    And I would have said handsome but for some reason that word never came into my head, I wish it did.
    Let's just call a spade a spade. The man is sexy, let's move on.
    I'd given up watching Superstars but if they're putting Ziggler and Drew on more I'll have to find a way to watch it.
    I've actually felt bad for Ziggler especially lately on Raw because it's been basically his job to lose. The guy is too good at putting people over for his own good. If he's getting to win matches on another show I'll have to watch.

  7. #7
    i think what a lot of people are missing about drew, is that he is still VERY young and "green"

    you all know vkm likes guys to pay their "dues" and being an international guy without much of a following, unlike del rio and sin cara, and not spending much, if any time in fcw, that is exactly the process drew is going thru...

    they put the ic strap on him right away so he tasted success, then put him through that losing streak to learn humility, if you look at any "great" superstar over the past 20 years, they have gone thru the same thing.

    give it time, drew has all of the tangibles and intangibles to be great.

  8. #8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhE8lnRy5_I

    Think the dude should try a face turn, I read on here that they tried some form of play boy gimmick, and i might have read he has done it before. Would be worth a go, its different from what is around now, may have been done before.
    Hell, this could work heel as well. Have him flirt with the ladies, and say how much better than the local lads he is. or your girlfriends all dream about me at night. Still PG.... if written correctly.

    Also good post SHW
    Last edited by Melevolent 27; 06-01-2012 at 12:10 AM.

  9. #9
    Super Member Mikeyboy7777777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Breda, The Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    drew mcintyre isn't even in the bloody game wwe 13 IF i believe the leaked roster which sucks wtf did sin cara, jinder mahal and rey mysterio do the last year? most were injured mahal just got jobbed and great khali? he just returned why is he in the bloody game? the usos reks & hawkins and drew mcintyre should have been in the game this is fucking bullshit i've been waiting to play the usos in the game for over 2 years wth is wrong with wwe.
    but mcintyre is a great star and i really hope wwe won't fuck him up anymore i hope he won't get released because finlay put him over matt hardy put him over he should have gone straight to the top he was interesting new kind of a new gimmick now he turned into a bland heel guy which seems to have nothing else to offer.
    Damn I need a better catchphrase

  10. #10
    I wonder if the rumor about Drew is actually true. The one about his woman(who is/was a Diva) causing problems. Everybody knows Vince respects men. If you allow your woman to run your life while working for Vince McMahon, you're going to be in the dog house or worse joing the K.M.A. Club(Kiss My Ass Club). Look at Morrison all talent, no grapefruits. Melina's fine, sexy & super hot but I would have to either let her go or put a foot in her ass for costing me a multi million dollar a year job! WWE pay checks don't bounce!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.