Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Black Ninja! Rich Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,359
    Blog Entries
    1

    Tough Enough WWE's Answer to Ultimate Fighter?

    Since there is not a Tough Enough forum I will toss this into the WWE pool. The Tough Enough show coming back is a great idea especially since NXT 3 dropped the ball. With the tremendous success of The Ultimate Fighter series, is this part of the reason for Tough Enough, is it simply to replace NXT, or am I missing the point?

  2. #2
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    On paper I think its a replacement for NXT.

    Unofficially I wouldn't doubt that it's to compete with TUF. No way in hell they can compete, but would love to see them try
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  3. #3
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Tough Enough originated in 2001, while TUF started in 2005. I think the success of The Ultimate Fighter series plays a large part in the WWE decideing to resurrect the show. I think to blame NXT 3 outright is a bit unfair - the whole concept was extremely poorly conceived and executed and the Diva version just made it die that little bit sooner.

    What they need and apparantly are seeking out is reality tv specialists. Vince's failure in the past with his other ventures, IMO, is that he didn't rely enough on the input of experts.



  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Tough Enough originated in 2001, while TUF started in 2005. I think the success of The Ultimate Fighter series plays a large part in the WWE decideing to resurrect the show. I think to blame NXT 3 outright is a bit unfair - the whole concept was extremely poorly conceived and executed and the Diva version just made it die that little bit sooner.

    What they need and apparantly are seeking out is reality tv specialists. Vince's failure in the past with his other ventures, IMO, is that he didn't rely enough on the input of experts.
    Please allow the most stand out forum poster in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. Vinny Mac will never say it but the UFC is there major competition. God knows it certainly isn't TNA. I am a huge fan of the UFC and for good reason. They are the new age . MMA has not only whooped boxing's ass (promoters did a good job at killing boxing also, I"M TALKING TO YOU DON KING) they are the 'it' sport. I've been to a few UFC events and believe me, its as close to being at the as we can get. Everyone complains about the WWE being PG but fail to realize the UFC is the farest thing from pg as you can get. I must say I have rarely been disappointed paying for a UFC ppv, I can't say that about rasslin ppv's. Hopefully Tough Enough will be like the ultimate fighter, it would give the fans time to get emotionally invested in a new comer and not just appear out of thin air like so many do these days.

  5. #5
    Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    7,454
    Blog Entries
    1
    Tough enough (the original version) was by far one of the best ideas to come out of Titan towers... It could and should have run for many more seasons than it did. Of course WWE went and ruined it like it usually does with most of it's good ideas.

    So will it be WWE's answer to the ultimate fighter?

    Maybe, for a season or 2 then it'll go the way of the diva search!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

    #FreeBodom

     

  6. #6
    God SaberToothTigerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Posts
    2,425
    wait i dont follow this
    what's tough enough? and will that thing replace nxt?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberToothTigerz View Post
    wait i dont follow this
    what's tough enough? and will that thing replace nxt?
    Wiki is your friend.

    Thing is, NXT could have worked better. It was more of a controlled Tough Enough, as the WWE had control of who would be picked. Looking at the past Tough Enough winners, the only successful one was John Morrison.

  8. #8
    God SaberToothTigerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post
    Wiki is your friend.

    Thing is, NXT could have worked better. It was more of a controlled Tough Enough, as the WWE had control of who would be picked. Looking at the past Tough Enough winners, the only successful one was John Morrison.
    thx
    altho i prefer nxt over this but...meh we'll see how it plays out..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.