Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

favorite debuts and returns

Either for TNA, WCW, ECW or WWF/WWE what was your favorite debut/return?

1.HHH returns in 2002 from surgery
    2. The Rock returns and joins team WWF against the alliance
    3. Jericho's WWF debut

Also, was there any debut/return that you think the company dropped the ball on?
    1. When Jeff Hardy returned to WWE and challenged Edge seemed to be disappointing
    2. Christian's return to WWE on ECW. Obviously WWE didnt see him being important enough to debut on a real show
    3. Shawn Michaels' final return to DX. Ehhh...

Wasn't there already a thread for this? Or am I losing my mind?
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

favorite debuts/returns round 2

triple h's return at summerslam 07 was exciting. for me at least. when taz debuted i was disappointed because the undertaker was out and i thought that was him returning. but taker coming out as the biker was surprising.

Woooo! Round 2!

Recent would have to be Danielsons return to the company.

how about when goldberg debuted in the wwe in 2003

Was never a Goldberg fan so I didn't care when he showed up

Jericho's WWF debut was definitely great. The return was predictable, but still very well done as the save.us videos recreated the millenium clock idea.

Undertaker's SummerSlam return after CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy was pretty great. Even though everyone knew 'Taker was returning, it was pretty awesome how they slipped Hardy out of the ring and slipped 'Taker in under Punk.

Even though he hadn't been absent from the company, Sting's return to the ring against Hogan at Starcade was well done. The match certainly could have been better. But I remember, as a child of 11 years, I was in awe of the laser show at the beginning of Sting's entrance.

As far as disappointing returns and debuts, TNA could have done a much better job with Jeff Hardy's debut, although the X-Division title match against AJ was good. They could have also done a much better job with RVD's debut. Especially since it was for a match against Sting. For that matter, WWF could have done a much better job with RVD's debut as well.

Taz's "4:20" comment before RVD debuted was pretty corny and a head scratcher

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Taz's "4:20" comment before RVD debuted was pretty corny and a head scratcher
    When RVD was listing the reasons that people don't like him after winning the strap on Impact!, I was very surprised that TNA let him get away with saying "some people don't understand my love of mother earth's finest." I couldn't believe they allowed a deliberate drug reference on their programming.