Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Effe'n Lesnar

Effe'n Lesnar

I have been following WWE and WCW since the mid 90's and I haven't seen a wrestler that has been as selfish and conceded as one Brock Lesnar! This man only works for himself and gives nothing back to the fans and I for one am sick of it. He had the chance to be "The Next Big Thing" in the WWE (even though he didn't have mic skills AT ALL) and I was on board because he had it all; size, speed, ability, accolades, attitude, a big push from Vince, and most of all Paul Haymon, but that wasn't good enough for him he wanted to play NFL which he failed miserably at. Then he thought he could go into the UFC and compete. The only person that got hyped and flopped more than Lesnar was Kimbo; what a waste of time and money these guys were. UFC has top athletes that have trained in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS not just wrestling and boxing. Lesner had no chance. That leads us to his current situation. He couldn't compete in the UFC so he "retired" to go back to WWE where the wrestling fans (and their 6 month short term memory) gave him a second chance, just for him to turn his back yet again and talk about going back to UFC. Now like I said I am a long time wrestling fan and do realize this could be a work and if it is, it is an epic cross promotional work the likes of which will be legendary, but if this is the real situation I say FU*K Lesnar! Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by dlhooven View Post
    I have been following WWE and WCW since the mid 90's and I haven't seen a wrestler that has been as selfish and conceded as one Brock Lesnar! This man only works for himself and gives nothing back to the fans and I for one am sick of it. He had the chance to be "The Next Big Thing" in the WWE (even though he didn't have mic skills AT ALL) and I was on board because he had it all; size, speed, ability, accolades, attitude, a big push from Vince, and most of all Paul Haymon, but that wasn't good enough for him he wanted to play NFL which he failed miserably at. Then he thought he could go into the UFC and compete. The only person that got hyped and flopped more than Lesnar was Kimbo; what a waste of time and money these guys were. UFC has top athletes that have trained in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS not just wrestling and boxing. Lesner had no chance. That leads us to his current situation. He couldn't compete in the UFC so he "retired" to go back to WWE where the wrestling fans (and their 6 month short term memory) gave him a second chance, just for him to turn his back yet again and talk about going back to UFC. Now like I said I am a long time wrestling fan and do realize this could be a work and if it is, it is an epic cross promotional work the likes of which will be legendary, but if this is the real situation I say FU*K Lesnar! Who's with me?
    I agree with you pretty much except for the UFC comment.

He was World Champion, he must have been ok.

Cool story, bro. Tell it again.

Blog Entries
    He mad

seriously though,

1. the "Quitting WWE" thing is obviously a work

2. He signed a short term deal with WWE, and has already showed his willingness to put people over

3. Since he signed a short term deal, I don't see the issue with him possibly going back to UFC once it is over, it's his life, he gets to live it however he wants to, and going back to where you were a legit 2 time Heavyweight champ with only like, 7 fights? Not a bad deal if he is able to take enough time off to recuperate from losing part of his intestine.

4. Yeah, his first stint in the WWE was marked by selfishness and stupidity, however I honestly believe he has grown since then, though WWE is milking his former rep for all it's worth, in front of and behind the camera.

5. He's in for a year to put a few guys over and have a Wrestlemania match, just like Rock, the only difference being putting more guys over. What's the problem there?

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

He is a selfish guy, he openly admits it. There again if he's only interested in giving his wife and kids everything and he will do it anyway he can then who are we to judge?? I'd do the same.

He was the UFC Heavyweight Champion, he beat a HoFer and a legend in MMA Randy Couture to get the belt so he's a legit fighter just not in the elite class of a JDS,Velasquez etc.

If WWE want to pay him $5 million then that's their fault, they obviously see why they need to pay him that much. Let's see how this all pans out before we make judgement. Yes I AM a Lesnar fan but I can't see it being sensible for him to go back to UFC and fight, he will end up getting severely hurt by the top guns of the HW division.

It may just end up being UFC/WWE pushing the spotlight on Brock as a favour from Dana, who really knows? Just sit back and wait for it to happen if it's going to then shout all you want!!

Thanks For The Memories

Blog Entries
    Posted by dlhooven: Then he thought he could go into the UFC and compete. The only person that got hyped and flopped more than Lesnar was Kimbo; what a waste of time and money these guys were. UFC has top athletes that have trained in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS not just wrestling and boxing. Lesner had no chance.

Lesnar had no chance in the UFC? Really? Are you serious? He was UFC Heavyweight Champion for crying out loud, and don't even say that it was fixed or slated to be that way as the UFC/MMA isn't like that. A person EARNS what they get by actually fighting.

Posted by dlhooven:
    He couldn't compete in the UFC so he "retired" to go back to WWE where the wrestling fans (and their 6 month short term memory) gave him a second chance
    For the record, Brock Lesnar left the WWE in 2004 when he went to the NFL and actually played in the preseason for the Minnesota Vikings and was a late cut, (he was cut because he created controversy in some games by starting minor fights and got heat from the Kansas City Chiefs for a sack on quarterback Damon Huard, which drew a big response from the crowd. Huard was hit hard and had to go to the sidelines and sit out a few plays), however the Vikings were impressed enough to recommend him for NFL Europe. On October 8, 2005, Lesnar won the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship @ NJPW, on June 29, 2007 Kurt Angle, (the then TNA Heavyweight Champion), defeated Lesnar for the IWGP Heavyweight Title in a Champion vs. Champion match. It was after this that Lesnar debuted for the UFC and eventually won the UFC Heavyweight Title. Returning to WWE in 2012, Lesnar beat up Cena, then (kayfabe) quit the company over supposed contract disputes. Remember this is all apart of a storyline, and the talks about him going back to the UFC are a part of that storyline for now. He may well go back to MMA eventually, but for now, expect him to make another showing in the WWE, remember, he is only slated to work an x amount of matches and PPVs per year as outlined in his actual contract.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

He definitely didn't flop in the UFC... he suffered from several illnesses and parts of his colon removed. I'd like to see you train at their level after an operation like that. He's signed a year long contract with WWE and the idea behind the talks with white were to compete in BOTH! Regardless if it's real or a work, he is in an airtight agreement with WWE until next wrestlemania.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

In the UFC he was used for his name and reputation. He got wins because of his size and the fighters being unprepared for him, once the fighters figured him out he went down easy, just wait for him to get winded. Fact: He could not compete with HW UFC fighters now. Don't get me wrong I was a fan of Lesnar's until this latest situation; I am just tired of him. I do have to say he is playing into his WWE character quite well.

Blog Entries
    In the UFC he was used for his name and reputation. He got wins because of his size and the fighters being unprepared for him, once the fighters figured him out he went down easy, just wait for him to get winded. Fact: He could not compete with HW UFC fighters now. Don't get me wrong I was a fan of Lesnar's until this latest situation; I am just tired of him. I do have to say he is playing into his WWE character quite well.
    What your stating as fact is in reality an opinion.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    his UFC was so so. I mean sure he beat Randy Couture but he was out of his prime and definitely out of his weight class since he was a light heavyweight. Brock could beat guys that weren't as big as him but anyone that was his size he had trouble against.