Blog Entries

UFC 146 - The Fallout

So...what have we here?

I think it's clear that Jason Miller, as much as I might like the dude, has no cardio to speak of. He was gassed before the end of the first round. Outclassed by C.B. Dollaway - and that's not necessarily a good thing.

Dan Hardy - while still getting the win, he's just keeping his head above water in the welterweight division. If that. No consequence here.

Struve was extremely impressive. This guy is the dark horse of the heavyweight division.

Nelson - WTF!!??!? This guy is hot and cold. He is the haymaker knockout artist. He could very well be champion, if given the shot. At least for a bit.

Cain Velasquez. Well he just restored the faith now, didn't he? The guy is a killer fighter. He was unlucky against Dos Santos and it looks like we'll be seeing a rematch as soon as Dana stops falling over himself to sign the match.

Junior Dos Santos - what a great performance. Outboxed, outmoved, outplanned & outclassed Frank Mir. Definitely Mir's last shot at the top but alas, he was 5 years and 2 injuries past his prime. JDS is the king (for now)

Blog Entries
    I guess there was some crap that happened backstage after the Miller/Dalloway fight, as such Dana White has stated that Jason "Mayhem" Miller is done for good in the UFC.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

And also talk of Brock Lesnar returning to the UFC. It's either for a 3rd fight against Mir maybe as a last big payday for Mir (Lesnar will pocket a good few quid too) or WWE & UFC have had him there to stir things up and keep him in people's minds.

I guess time will tell.......

Thanks For The Memories

Blog Entries
    There's definitely money to be made with Lesnar/Mir 3. The question is, can Brock compete at that level again?

Mayhem threw a temper tantrum.
    So that's why he was fired.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

I'm not so sure if he can be top level in the UFC. JDS, Valesquez, Big Country all proved that they are lethal strikers.........Brock isn't on the same page as those 3 guys alone.

Thanks For The Memories

I'm probably the only one thinking this, but I think that Silva should get a rematch, because I think he couldn't fight properly with all the blood in his eyes. After the ref paused the fight, Cain was basically fighting a blinded man, on the ground.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    That's true, that's the nature of MMA though. Doctor probably should have stopped it. Bigfoot will get another fight to prove himself, probably Nelson. The big money is JDS vs Velasquez, they won't pass that up

Blog Entries
    Dana's chomping at the bit about a possible JDS/Velasquez fight, but has also publicly stated that after Overeem returns from his suspension, (Dec. 27th, 2012 - this is when he reapplies for his fight license), that he'll remain near or at the top of heavyweight contenders. Either way it adds up to alot of money to be made. If Brock does return to MMA/UFC, then he better work on his striking skills if he hopes to compete at that level again. Even so, if Brock returned we'll probably get to see Lesnar/Mir III.

Jason "Mayhem" Miller was fired like Auto said, for backstage antics - (basically trying to be a clown)- according to Dana. I don't think we'll see him in the UFC ever again.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Miller is an idiot and now will be classed as nothing but a walk out attraction who gets beat up.

Thanks For The Memories