Blog Entries

Punk/Brock/Heyman connection

In Punk's legendary worked shoot from last June, he prominently mentioned Lesnar and Heyman, neither of whom had been mentioned on WWE tv for a long time. At the time, Lesnar was dealing with his second bout of diverticulitis and he knew his days in UFC were numbered. Brock even stated that if he had won the fight with Overeem(which turned out to be his last fight, this past December) that he would have only had one more fight after that, win or lose. Do you guys think WWE had Brock and Heyman's return planned as far back as last summer and had Punk mention them to plant a seed in the mind of the fans?

As Gorilla Monsoon would say, I find it highly unlikely that all this was a coincidence.

Blog Entries
    Firstly, lmao at your sig. AJ is smaller than Big Show's arm.

I think it's possible. I'm still not sure if Heyman is really doing commentary on a Punk DVD or if that was a work to cover the fact that he was in for negotiations. Still, Punk is definitely someone who Heyman would have loved and pursued for the original ECW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

I think it's possible. I'm still not sure if Heyman is really doing commentary on a Punk DVD or if that was a work to cover the fact that he was in for negotiations. Still, Punk is definitely someone who Heyman would have loved and pursued for the original ECW
    I'm a huge Vicki fan, but your sig is freaky!! Yet I can't stop looking at it...

One topic, it seems confirmed that Heyman will be on the Punk dvd(which sounds amazing!) as a talking head, I'm not sure about commentating on matches.

One big reason I think Brock came back is so he could fulfill his endorsement deals with Jimmy Johns, Deathclutch, etc. Unable to compete anymore in UFC, he would have lost tons of money on those deals. I'm sure Brock knew that as early as last summer as thus his extravagant WWE deal was born.

Blog Entries
    Naahhhhh I doubt it...

Blog Entries
    I thought Brock owned Deathclutch?

Blog Entries
    I thought Brock owned Deathclutch?
    He does, although one has to assume he has obligations to third parties to advertise for it.

It's definitely not a crazy thought. I mean, long term plans are the only thing the WWE seems to be able to accomplish. They can't handle day to day or week to week storylines or scripts, but one thing they are pretty good at, is the big picture. I wouldn't throw it out as a crap idea, I think you may be right.

Sweet lord hes right!! Probably weighs more to!

Anyway OT yeah i think Lesnar versus punk is going to happen WM perhaps?

I watched the promo a few weeks ago and noticed that... Maybe they didn't plan it but it works now and could set up for something later this year. There was a post earlier saying they are thinking about dropping the title off Punk soon so maybe they will do it via a feud with Lesnar or something like that