View Poll Results: What has been your favourite Match Of The Year from the WWE so far?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Royal Rumble Match

0 0%
  • Raw Elimination Chamber

0 0%
  • Smackdown Elimination Chamber

1 1.27%
  • Triple H Vs The Undertaker - HIAC - Wrestlemania XXVIII

40 50.63%
  • CM Punk Vs Chris Jericho - Wrestlemania XXVIII

2 2.53%
  • The Rock Vs John Cena - Wrestlemania XXVIII

1 1.27%
  • Daniel Bryan Vs Sheamus - 2/3 Falls - Extreme Rules

1 1.27%
  • CM Punk Vs Chris Jericho - Chicago Street Fight - Extreme Rules

1 1.27%
  • Brock Lesnar Vs John Cena - Extreme Rules Match - Extreme Rules

3 3.80%
  • CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan - Over The Limit

30 37.97%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy Duck's Finest View Post
    Not to sound like I'm arguing for argument's sake, but:

- I think the match of the year will take place at next month's PPV and will be Punk v Bryan II. Their match on Sunday was outstanding, but certainly room for improvemnt

- I also think the fatal four way was fantastic, as it had plenty of good moves and close finishes.

BUT if I had to choose, I'll go for the Punk v Bryan. Although HIAC was fantastic story-telling, the outcome was predictable, which led to the match being flawed. Furthermore, Lesnar V Cena shouldn't even be on the short list. I'd have taken the Orton v Kane WM match over that!
    Cm punk vs Bryan was very predictable at no point did I think bryan would win only a foul would think Bryan would beat Punk. Now their second match depending on the build up may be unpredictable.

Super Member Daffy Duck's Finest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearvoices View Post
    Cm punk vs Bryan was very predictable at no point did I think bryan would win only a foul would think Bryan would beat Punk. Now their second match depending on the build up may be unpredictable.
    My thoughts were that WWE could cash in on Bryan's current popularity, similar to what they did with the likes of Ryder. Plus Punk should be due to lose his title in the foreseeable future.

I can see your argument though. Although I don't see how it was more, or equal to the predictability of HIAC.

WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2011: 9th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2012: 27th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2013: 18th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2014: 37th

EWN Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Champion 2012

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    I went with the End of an Era match at Mania. Although there have been better wrestling matches, I though the whole thing came off perfectly, it had plenty of emotion and memorable moments, including Taker, Triple H and Shawn standing together at the top of the ramp.
    Same reason why I picked it.

E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

This came very close with two matches for me- DB vs Punk and End of an Era. In the end I went with DB vs Punk because they are two guys who have worked their asses off to get to the WWE, two guys who no one thought would amount to anything in the WWE now fighting each other on PPV for the WWE Title in the Best Wrestling Match of the Year. They left it all out there, worked stiff, and left it open for a rematch.
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan the entire series of matches!!

Blog Entries
    HHH vs Taker at WM in HIAC - no competition
    I'm jus sayin...

Blog Entries
    My personal two favorites were the HIAC at Wrestlemania and Punk vs Bryan at OTL.

Taker vs Triple H - HIAC: This had great buildup, from very well done hype videos, to awe inspiring promos by both men. The addition of HBK - Triple H's best friend and Taker's greatest Wrestlemania opponent to the match was genius. It added to the emotion of the match when Michaels was torn between his best friend and ending the Streak. The match itself had great classic wrestling and the use of weapons wasn't overdone.

Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk at OTL: This literally had one week of decent buildup. The rest was just Bryan screwing over Punk in the main event match on the Raw before the PPV. Of course, you couldn't expect much more in terms of build up since there were 3 weeks till OTL. But where the match fell short in hype, it was made up for in wrestling. I haven't seen such good wrestling in a WWE match in a while. That was without a doubt the best wrestling match in years. Hopefully we'll be able to see future matches from these guys, with more time, and good buildup. That would make it a 5 star match for sure.

Overall, I enjoyed the Taker vs Triple H match more, because the buildup sucked me in, and the match was better than expected.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Cena Vs The Rock: Wrestlemania 28
    The Undertaker Vs. Triple H: Wrestlemania 28
    C.M Punk Vs. Chris Jericho: Wrestlemania 28

I had to go for Undertaker v Triple H. I've been a fan of Undertaker ever since his first Survivor Series appearance. For him to keep my interest for getting on for 22 years, is a heck of an achievement for this industry.

The "End of An Era" Match was it for me. The story telling was amazing. The match had so much heart ad raw emotion.

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing