Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    It might of been more epic to if you did not know the winner. ( in less you did watch it before coming on here lol)
    Yeah, second part. When I dont watch the PPV or show (live), the next day, early, I normally read the results first. The surprise/rection is always the same. And then I'll watch the show later. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Best damn thread PERIOD. Nice one ELNIO.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorton View Post
    @ELNIOJR love the signature dude

DB and Punk's match was a complete masterpiece from beginning to end. That match was off the hook and needed no special kind of stipulations or blood to pull it off. This had to be one of the best matches I've seen since HBK vs Taker 1. The crowd was into it and reminded me of a old Paul Heyman ECW crowd. I was on the edge of my seat.

I think we've seen the true future of the WWE. DB vs Punk=Bret Hart vs HBK, Flair vs Sting, Flair vs Steamboat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    I loved the grin on Punk's face when he said "I've got till 5" homage or mockery?

I think the rest of the locker need to look at these two to see how to put on submission holds, but I guess it also has to do with who you're applying the hold on. I noticed when Jericho was feuding with Punk he was using a Lion Tamer for the Walls Of Jericho again but it was back to a crab against the 4 way. I couldn't see many in the Dragon Sleeper that The American Dragon put on Punk tonight.

Without a doubt one of the best matches I've seen in a long time, an a Perfect Plex good worthy of Henning was thrown in as well
    What's the backstory with the 'till 5' thing?

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    I really loved how well Daniel Bryan sold his knee with CM Punk targeting the knee to set up for the GTS. Can't get any better wrestling psychology than that.
    Its something so simple yet not many do it and even less do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    What's the backstory with the 'till 5' thing?
    It's something Daniel Bryan used to say when he was playing a heel role in the indies

Yeah. Not to bad a match. Probably in my top 8 this year.

Anyone else notice that before Punk did the Macho Man elbow from the turn buckle he not only looked up, but always gave a wink to Randy on the anniversary of his passing. Nice touch Phil.

Yeah it was third best match of the year, CM Punk vs Jericho at ER and Taker vs HHH at WM where the only matches better this year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'd say they were working a bit stiff on purpose. They're good friends in real life, so I guess they arranged it between themselves to do that.

WWE have had a few MOTY candidates so far this year. Punk vs Jericho at Mania, Punk vs Jericho at ER, Bryan vs Sheamus at ER and now Punk vs Bryan at OTL. Touch to pick which was the best, I'd say this latest one probably gets it right now. Fantastic technical match that the crowd were really into.
    And I wouldn't say that it was the women and children chanting for Punk and the 'grown ups' chanting for Bryan. I'd say it was more of an even 50-50 split.
    idk, man, you could clearly hear the difference in vocal tone between Punk's chants and Bryan's chants, especially from the middle to the end of the match. It was CLEARLY women and children vs. grown men. notice the men never booed Punk though, they just wanted Bryan to win, because what it comes down to is this, grown men are wise enough to know it's the next guy's turn. When we see someone who has been on top for most of the year, and another guy we like equally that hasn't had as much time at the top, we like to see the 2nd guy get that chance. Women and children choose to hold on to established heroes. Women and children like who the company tells them to like, while men really know what's going on. This is not meant to be offensive to any women and children who may be on this site, just stating a fact.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Yeah it was third best match of the year, CM Punk vs Jericho at ER and Taker vs HHH at WM where the only matches better this year so far.
    This match was WAY better than Punk vs. Jericho at ER imo. I also believe that physically and technicallyl, this match is the best so far this year, the only downside is that they had little to no build up going into the match, no real storyline other than Bryan winning the beat the clock challenge to get the title shot. Obviously Taker/Triple H had more than enough buildup with years of history between two men, and from a storytelling standpoint is one of the best matches of all time, but from a physical and technical standpoint Punk vs. Bryan was on another level.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.