Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan OTL (SPOILERS if you didn't watch the ppv)

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice quite a few moments during the WWE Championship match where Punk and Bryan seemed to be legitimately trying to hurt each other? I mean, that's definitely the kind of match I love to see, but damn.

ON A SIDE NOTE- It also seemed like the crown pulled a "Cena" on Punk and Bryan during this match. All the men seemed to be chanting "DANIEL BRYAN" and the women and children were chanting "CM PUNK"
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

Quote Originally Posted by masakaritko View Post
    Is it just me, or did anyone else notice quite a few moments during the WWE Championship match where Punk and Bryan seemed to be legitimately trying to hurt each other? I mean, that's definitely the kind of match I love to see, but damn.

ON A SIDE NOTE- It also seemed like the crown pulled a "Cena" on Punk and Bryan during this match. All the men seemed to be chanting "DANIEL BRYAN" and the women and children were chanting "CM PUNK"
    Lol yeah Punk now knows what it feels like to be Cena.

It was probably because they knew how far they could go with each other.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it was a pretty stiff match-up, but from what I can gather, they're good buddies off the screen - they've known eachother for a long time.

I must admit, I did cringe at the Surfboard into Dragon sleeper...

I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y

Quote Originally Posted by JSullivan View Post
    Yeah, it was a pretty stiff match-up, but from what I can gather, they're good buddies off the screen - they've known eachother for a long time.

that was sick i thought punks ribs were gonna pop out of his stomach,i honestly dont think ive seen a better match for the wwe championship

Quote Originally Posted by JSullivan View Post

yeah that was sick. I cringed at when cm punk looked like he was about to put Bryan in a mexican surfboard but stomped him back down to the mat instead. Actually, it was that entire series of events previous to that as well, Punk has bryan in some sort of reverse leglock and uses his free leg to stomp on Bryan's knee, then Bryan swiftly manages to get out and immediately start rocking punk's head with his forearms then punk gets free, starts to put bryan in the mexican surfboard then stomps him down, all of that taking place in a real short amount of time.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

one of the most obvious 5 star matches ever, Kurt Angle take note

Blog Entries
    I'd say they were working a bit stiff on purpose. They're good friends in real life, so I guess they arranged it between themselves to do that.

WWE have had a few MOTY candidates so far this year. Punk vs Jericho at Mania, Punk vs Jericho at ER, Bryan vs Sheamus at ER and now Punk vs Bryan at OTL. Touch to pick which was the best, I'd say this latest one probably gets it right now. Fantastic technical match that the crowd were really into.
    And I wouldn't say that it was the women and children chanting for Punk and the 'grown ups' chanting for Bryan. I'd say it was more of an even 50-50 split.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I liked it, they know each other well and are good friends, so they thought they would beat the crap out of each other in homage to their ROH days. Not to mention putting on one hell of a match and trying to prove all their doubters (both fans and corporate) that they are deserving of their pushes.

Just watched that match, it was awesome. With a better crowd it would be Fucking Epic. Kudos to those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Best damn thread PERIOD. Nice one ELNIO.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorton View Post
    @ELNIOJR love the signature dude