Study Wrestling in College with WWE

Thought this a interesting bit. Funny to see a very, very casual fan's point of view. Be an awesome opportunity to take a few classes. Makes me wish my school had something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Thought this a interesting bit. Funny to see a very, very casual fan's point of view. Be an awesome opportunity to take a few classes. Makes me wish my school had something like this.

My school has a professorial wrestling club (held off campus) and its awesome.

I'm not entirely sure what's the big deal about the debt issue. Yes, tuition costs are higher than your average school. However, you get what you pay for. It's a specialized school. It's not "just a college". It's for those that want to get into a field that most would scoff at. And you get a very direct curriculum with depth in your field. Music production, the film industry, video games, etc. Yes, they offer some of you more common degrees, but mostly it's dedicated to those fields that it can be more difficult to break into. For me personally, as a Full Sail student, when I looked into colleges for my degree, I found Full Sail to be more affordable than it's competitors. They also use an accelerated program, which fits for me quite nicely. And, even before orientation was over, I felt like it was one of the best investments I could have made. Your final 3 courses are designed to have to operate with the tools you'll use in a given field, work with your peers from other departments that you will work with in said field, and compile a finished product of what you will create or help produce in that field. So when you walk away from Full Sail, should you graduate, you don't just have a piece of paper and a bill to pay like most schools. You also have a portfolio ready to go to start finding a job.

I get what the guy in the video is trying to say, but I think he's gotten some of his information wrong. There is not any kind of "wrestling education". I think what was misconstrued is that should you be enrolled in the film or production departments that you may be working on set filming, developing music for superstars, etc. If you're in the entertainment departments, you may be helping to write storylines or vignettes. Merely speculation on those parts, but I do know for a fact about the filming, etc. But there isn't currently any talk of any kind of wrestling degree. Now, if for instance, they were to open up some form of a wrestling school, since there is now going to be a ring available and WWE officials on hand, that's one thing. But it still wouldn't be what he's referring to. And as far as costs? Any wrestling school out there, and there are plenty, are not cheap by any means.

I dunno, once again, I understand where he's coming from, but I think he's reading into the information he's been given the wrong way. He seems to paint a bad picture of the University, and that's very unfortunate. Full Sail had somewhere around 60+ graduates involved in this years grammy and academy award winners, along with many other industry accolades.

You'd be stupid on both parts, WWE/FSU, to not utilize the obvious marketing opportunity at hand. But I really don't believe that it was the purpose of this marriage. It gives the WWE a better environment to film their shows. FSU has a FULL studio on campus, for their film department. I mean, have you seen FCW's previous tapings? And for FSU, it gives them more hands-on training for the students in those fields. It's a no brainer. And the fact that proceeds from WWE will go to the college to fund scholarships is great!

Blog Entries
    Would be an idea worth looking into for the WWE!!!!
    WWE could offer a few scholarships say 10 or 25 thousand.... Make the best out of everything.... Have the students intern for the WWE, then eventually hired to work for the WWE in some capacity!!!
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    WWE could offer a few scholarships say 10 or 25 thousand.... Make the best out of everything.... Have the students intern for the WWE, then eventually hired to work for the WWE in some capacity!!!
    Well yeah, in a cameraguy/soundguy instance. I just think there's an obvious gap in reality vs. crap that this reporter isn't seeing.

Blog Entries
    Screw studying Wrestling in College. If you want to make it to the top when in doubt sleep with the boss's daughter. It did well for HHH's career he got to star in the Champarone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Stone View Post
    Screw studying Wrestling in College. If you want to make it to the top when in doubt sleep with the boss's daughter. It did well for HHH's career he got to star in the Champarone
    I loved that movie, The Champerone! I'm looking forward to John Cena in the sequel - The Champerone is here! There's plenty of successful guys who (probably) didn't sleep with anyone related to Vince

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Grooming

Think thats illegal in some countries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I loved that movie, The Champerone! I'm looking forward to John Cena in the sequel - The Champerone is here! There's plenty of successful guys who (probably) didn't sleep with anyone related to Vince
    After learning of Vince wanting Kane have a three foot penis in the Movie See No Evil, who knows how the hell wrestlers get to the top anymore hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Stone View Post
    After learning of Vince wanting Kane have a three foot penis in the Movie See No Evil, who knows how the hell wrestlers get to the top anymore hahaha
    haha this is the winning comment so far!!