Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WWE Championship

(John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis is currently set to be the main event at WWE Over the Limit tonight. [Credit: Wrestling Observer])

Is it just me or does WWE never headline it's PPV's with their main championship anymore. Survivor Series (Rock and Cena vs Truth and Miz) Elimination Chamber it was the first match i believe. WrestleMania was Cena vs. Rock. Last PPV was Cena vs Lesnar and now they say it will be Cena vs Laurinitas tonight. You would think the WWE Champion would be your main focus. I understand they're all big matches but it makes the WWE Championship look like who cares.

Blog Entries
    I get what you're saying, but truly, WWE has done a great job at making interesting feuds without having the title involved. I don't mind them putting Cena's matches in the main event right now. The WWE Title still is having a lot of good story lines too, with Jericho/Punk and now Punk/Bryan, so I wouldn't say that it's "who cares" there, just that there's more than one main feud now.

Blog Entries
    WWE Title should ALWAYS be main event, save a few exceptions - Royal Rumble for example.

I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y
    A K A T H E H O S T P L A Y E R

THE WRESTLING CONNECTION - THE NEW HOME FOR eFEDS.

Quote Originally Posted by JSullivan View Post
    WWE Title should ALWAYS be main event, save a few exceptions - Royal Rumble for example.
    As long they dont screw up with Bryan vs Punk...

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Best damn thread PERIOD. Nice one ELNIO.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorton View Post
    @ELNIOJR love the signature dude

Banned
    Punk and Bryan match has no real built up to it so when compare to John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis. Plus Cena is wwe #1 guy he should be in the main event Picture especially since he been out of the wwe picture for a while now.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the lack of build-up for Punk/Bryan is dumb as shit.

Anyone who knows anything about them knows this is a match made in heaven...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JSullivan View Post
    Yeah, the lack of build-up for Punk/Bryan is dumb as shit.

Anyone who knows anything about them knows this is a match made in heaven...
    I agree I feel like this just happen out of nowhere I think WWE did this only because the following Bryan as gotten following WM

Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    I get what you're saying, but truly, WWE has done a great job at making interesting feuds without having the title involved. I don't mind them putting Cena's matches in the main event right now. The WWE Title still is having a lot of good story lines too, with Jericho/Punk and now Punk/Bryan, so I wouldn't say that it's "who cares" there, just that there's more than one main feud now.
    Yea I'm not saying their bad feuds I just think it looks like they're just making the title secondary nowadays.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearvoices View Post
    I agree I feel like this just happen out of nowhere I think WWE did this only because the following Bryan as gotten following WM
    Maybe trying to scupper his support so they can push him down Heel-Alley again against the fans will?

All it will be is everyone cheering for both - WWE aren't as smart as they like to think.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zoobile1 View Post
    Yea I'm not saying their bad feuds I just think it looks like they're just making the title secondary nowadays.
    Look at who's holding it, cm punk hasn't being interesting for sometime now. I say from his feud with ADR til now cm punk has been boring. His feud with Jericho was good only because of Jericho promos. Also IMO the main event match should always be the match that most people are waiting to see, which is John Cena vs John Laurinaitis