Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    He should have came back as A-Train! I dislike everything about Tensai. I really like the man behind the character.. He does not deserve this embarrassing treatment.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.

Blog Entries
    Always good to see you(r sig) Panda!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaMassacre View Post
    He should have came back as A-Train! I dislike everything about Tensai. I really like the man behind the character.. He does not deserve this embarrassing treatment.
    I'm 100% behind you. A-Train is a millions times better than Tensai.

Clumsy in the ring, boring as hell...terrible gimmick. No amount of green mist and grunting can save him. Thank God he's on Superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Always good to see you(r sig) Panda!!
    All hail Vickie Guerrero!

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I'm 100% behind you. A-Train is a millions times better than Tensai.

Clumsy in the ring, boring as hell...terrible gimmick. No amount of green mist and grunting can save him. Thank God he's on Superstars.
    Exactly! He was going to suffer anyways. So why mount on it with this gimmick? I want my A-Train back. 8I
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.

A big fat white gut doesn't cut it as an asian man, who wudda thunk it.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

I think one big problem with Matt Bloom is that he doesn't have the facials to be a menacing heel in the style of that kind of character. I'm not saying that he's got a baby face, but there's no degree of intimidation to him. Put him side by side with Ryback and you tell me who's the big powerhouse intimidating motherfucker just on facials alone. It's the same reason why Mason Ryan's a joke and will never go anywhere as a menacing heel(not saying he's in that role right now but put his face against Batista's and he's clearly not going to work as a monster heel).

In fairness Matt Bloom with facial hair can help, but they didn't go this route with him. I think the character itself sucked but if they wanted a monster heel out of him without that Japanese gimmick, I think facial hair could've helped push the big powerhouse character. He's had a lot of different looks with his facial hair but this one from Japan isn't bad at all:

Put a shirt on him, some ripped up jeans, leather boots, facial hair similar to that picture up there, and make him a mix of Kevin Nash, American Badass/Big Evil Undertaker and The Rock's character in Walking Tall and I'd like to see the results. There's no doubt he'd be taken more seriously than he is now as Tensai.

The main problem with Matt Bloom is little arms vs massive gut!

Also just for the record Ryback is a face ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaMassacre View Post
    I agree with everything you just said!

E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

Quote Originally Posted by IrkenInvader View Post
    A big fat white gut doesn't cut it as an asian man, who wudda thunk it.
    Ummmmmmmm He's not supposed to be an asian man. He is just supposed to be an American guy who went to Japan and has absorbed some of it's culture and rituals.

Back on topic. I don't follow Japanese wrestling enough to say how successful any characters he portrayed out there were, but I've always found Matt Bloom to be incapable of carrying off any kind of character or gimmick. He is just himself. Himself being technically pretty decent, but boring as fuck.

Get Matt Morgan to grow a (Mike Knox Like) BEARD, and you have your Monster Heel problem...Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Best damn thread PERIOD. Nice one ELNIO.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorton View Post
    @ELNIOJR love the signature dude