Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Who Would You Like To See Mentor On The Next NXT?

Ok, we all know how much talent is misused in the WWE. NXT is a classic example of this - you have mentors on that show that are completely over - so much so, that they are at risk of being over-exposed.
    1)You have both the IC and US title holders on there, when BOTH should be getting enough camera time due to having the belts, especially Miz. This, IMO, is a waste.

2)Lay-Cool - while they have been surprisingly good on the show with Kaval, they have lost a lot of momentum they had on Smackdown

3)Mark Henry & MVP - seem kind of stale and out of place

4)Cody Rhodes & Zack Ryder - seem a little to green to be "pro" mentors

5)John Morrison - see points 3 & 4

So if they are really serious about HELPING these rookies, by which I mean ACTUALLY HELPING them get over, in-ring, on mic and having a personality that's believable and/or suitable, who would YOU like to see mentoring on the show?

My preferred choices would be;
    William Regal
    Fit Finlay
    Dean Malenko
    Arn Anderson
    Chavo Guerrero
    Christian
    Goldust
    Michael Hayes
    Chris Jericho
    Jerry Lawler
    Jamie Noble

As you can see, I think they need to utilise the legends more as well as incorporating their veteran active talent, be less reliant on having matches that include the 'pros', make the series longer and more similar to Tough Enough and actually help these rookies become better, which should be the point of it all anyway!

Thoughts?

Jericho, Christian, Regal, Lawler and (adding my own for the lulz) Rey Mysterio should be the pros.

Blog Entries
    Great idea to have Finlay, Malenko, Noble and Lawler, as not only would they be good pros, but they can still go in the ring. I'm sure Malenko and Noble could cope with the odd tag match or a short singles match to put rookies over every now and then (keeping in mind that only a couple of the pros actually wrestle every week). And Finlay and Lawler still get in the ring as occasional wrestlers anyway. Billy Kidman could be another nawe to add to your list. Regal was on the 1st season, and he's a good fit for a pro. Christian and Jericho were good on season 1 too.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Nice choice, I'd go for real experiance, any eight from this list would really make me want to watch the show

Chavo Guerrero
    Goldust
    Michael Hayes
    Dean Malenko
    Arn Anderson
    Jerry Lawler
    Mike Rotundo
    Ted DiBiase Snr
    Roddy Piper
    Sgt Slaughter
    Jake Roberts (if he can stay sober)

A mix of veterans (christian jericho and regal) and legends should make sense for the batch of pros.

Christian, Jericho and Regal have all done it though, it'd feel like a re-hash of Season One if those three where used in my opinion

Miz got 2 seasons of mentoring. Even if its in a storyline. Miz isn't even near veteran status like Christian, Jericho, or Regal. I used those 3 as an example. They could take Big Show, Christian, and Ziggler(to piss off the crowd) Just ideas.

Big Show is a really good shout, I'd like to see him as a mentor, only if its to a big guy though, I think he could really pass on some great advice, he has done it all and probably the most successful 'big man' the business has seen

Big Show would fit to be a pro to another giant or big man. Or if WWE wanna pull a stunt and place Big Show with a high flying wrestler. In my opinion, they show partner up rookies that can relate to the pro. Like the combo of Miz and Riley. Loudmouths.

Yeah Riley and Miz are a good fit but I also feel pairing up Miz and Danielson was an inspired idea as well to be honest, it got everyone talking about Danielson and that has to be the point