Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    There could potentially be a storyline for a Brock/Punk feud here, although it's unlikely.

Glad to See Paul E. Back, one of my favourite promo workers of all time. I even messaged him a few weeks back telling him he needed to grace the WWE Universe once again and show some people how you cut a promo. Looks like he listened! :P

I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y

I believe he's only back for Lesnar. If Lesnar hadn't returned, we wouldn't have seen Paul back in WWE, unless it was for some sort of HOF thing. I highly doubt he even has a steady contract. He's probably being paid for appearances. Paul is smart and he loves $$$$. He wouldn't want to waste his time "helping" young talent without having any backstage power, and we all know that will never happen again as long as Stephanie and Hunter are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by dashkatae View Post
    What they need to do is have Heyman challenge Johnny for management rights of either smackdown or raw. Would love to see Paul back as manager.
    ^^^^^^^^
    Heyman for GM!!

Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Heyman for GM!!

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    So Heyman is back....finally.I love the guy and its a great think for wwe getting him back.
    Your thoughts on Paul's return
    Absolutely dead crowd was majorly surprised. I marked like a kid in a sweet shop.

Brock Lesnars return did nothing for me at all, could care less...Paul Heyman was a completely different story, really glad to see him back and hope WWE utilizes him to the fullest.
    I'm the Miz...and I'm.........................moderate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Absolutely dead crowd was majorly surprised. I marked like a kid in a sweet shop.
    This is relevant.

I'm going to babble a bit here, but lets evaluate.

WWE is targeting the kids and family now - Most kids were too young or didn't watch Brock the last time around. They also have very little chance of knowing who Paul Heyman is, and much less likely to be able to respect what he has accomplished and just who he is to the wrestling business.

For most people sort of...maybe 16 and up (I generalise, but it makes the point) have had a chance to witness ECW, have had a chance to see him in the InVasion storyline (Yeah, it sucked, but I love it at the time), and more importantly, when this kind of wrestling was going on, it wasn't targeted at kids, PPV's were rated 12-15, because of the blood and edgy storylines in all 3 of the major companies.

I'm going to try and keep this short, but I'm sure you see what I'm getting at.

The kids (which now make up a large percentage of the audience) and the adults (who potentially don't watch wrestling) might not understand who Paul E actually is.

I'd estimate a good 30-40% of the audience now are too young to know who he is, or didn't watch wrestling when Paul was a big name in the business.

On the flipside, I was extremely excited to see him back. I Marked out hard, but I can understand why there wasn't that pop or reaction.

Give it time - they'll learn a thing or two soon enough.

I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y

Heyman is only there to build up Brock. The bigger Brock gets more money for Heyman.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Heyman for GM!!

I Would love to see paul onscreen however I feel if (and that is a big IF) Paul Heyman was ever entrusted a power position backstage perhaps where he could help younger superstars in their careers, the fans and the superstars not to mention the general product would benefit.

one of the things Heyman was known for, was hiding the weakness and highlighting the strengths of wrestlers just Think how he could help in guiding superstars like Del rio, dolph ziggler or jack swagger to becoming megastars by hiding any flaws that are preventing them from reaching that next level.

or in a even more suitable role in my eyes....get on the creative team where Im sure h would excell and actually would be solving alot of the frustrations that fans have but by the sounds of how that went last time with his relationship backstage with stephanie and to an extent vince it looks like it will never happen.

Paul Heyman onscreen and backstage is the albert einstein of wrestling,period

Quote Originally Posted by JSullivan View Post
    This is relevant.

I'm going to babble a bit here, but lets evaluate.

WWE is targeting the kids and family now - Most kids were too young or didn't watch Brock the last time around. They also have very little chance of knowing who Paul Heyman is, and much less likely to be able to respect what he has accomplished and just who he is to the wrestling business.

For most people sort of...maybe 16 and up (I generalise, but it makes the point) have had a chance to witness ECW, have had a chance to see him in the InVasion storyline (Yeah, it sucked, but I love it at the time), and more importantly, when this kind of wrestling was going on, it wasn't targeted at kids, PPV's were rated 12-15, because of the blood and edgy storylines in all 3 of the major companies.

I'm going to try and keep this short, but I'm sure you see what I'm getting at.

The kids (which now make up a large percentage of the audience) and the adults (who potentially don't watch wrestling) might not understand who Paul E actually is.

I'd estimate a good 30-40% of the audience now are too young to know who he is, or didn't watch wrestling when Paul was a big name in the business.

On the flipside, I was extremely excited to see him back. I Marked out hard, but I can understand why there wasn't that pop or reaction.

Give it time - they'll learn a thing or two soon enough.