Blog Entries

What (wrestling) print publications do E Wrestling News visitors regularly read?

Have long been curious about this, being a pro writer myself; so. thought I'd go right to the source and start a thread without mentioning details about my own publication background, so as not to influence whatever postings may follow.

And rest assured I have no intention of returning to this thread to knock anyone for their choice of reading material. Conversely, this thread isn't entitled "Critique my material, if you're familiar with it", either. Just trying to get a read on what you read (besides info on this site.)--SWM
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Blog Entries
    PWI is one of my favs.....
    Sometimes WWE magazine.. On-line it varies...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    I used to read the WWE official magazine way back, but now when I read a wrestling mag its Power Slam.

PWI and WWE Magizine are the best IMO.

WON and F4W.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    Have long been curious about this, being a pro writer myself; so. thought I'd go right to the source and start a thread without mentioning details about my own publication background, so as not to influence whatever postings may follow.

And rest assured I have no intention of returning to this thread to knock anyone for their choice of reading material. Conversely, this thread isn't entitled "Critique my material, if you're familiar with it", either. Just trying to get a read on what you read (besides info on this site.)--SWM
    When I first realised THEE Stately was a member here, I didn't really believe it, but, it is so cool for me - as a monthly PS reader since about 1997/98. Even more cool that you seem to be a bit more active recently. The posts are nearly spot-on for me, just like your PS columns. Don't worry, I'm not a crazed, gushing, superfan; just a regular reader.

I've discussed this with my man KashMOD a bit on here, and, I think he'd agree, for the around-15 years I've been reading, Power Slam is the best mag. The PS 50 is probably the best, most legit accurate, yearly wrestler 'rating' list there is out there, and is nearly always on the money. The whole mag is pretty much always on the money, and I find myself agreeing with near-all of its contents. I also love the yearly Reader Awards. I sometimes wish I could pull out multiple pages of it, and shove them into my computer in the general direction of alot of people on here.

I used to occasionally flick through the pages of an odd WOW copy every now or then. Just like I do now with FSM. FSM is ok, they seem to have alot of really good guest writers from in the BIZ, along with regular columnists - Lance Storm, Nick Aldis.

But PS is the way to go.