Thread: I need help...

Blog Entries

I need help...

Basically i just need some advice on what to look out for to relise the difference between a good wrestler and a great wrestler.

il give an example, its fair to say Daniel Bryan is regarded as the best wrestler in the business currently...but when i see him wrestle i see good moves and good wrestling but i also see that in Punk or Swagger...i honestly dont know what i have to see to make me relise DB is the best.

this thread aint about DB btw, i just used him as an example...another case is ADR, what am i looking out for specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Basically i just need some advice on what to look out for to relise the difference between a good wrestler and a great wrestler.

il give an example, its fair to say Daniel Bryan is regarded as the best wrestler in the business currently...but when i see him wrestle i see good moves and good wrestling but i also see that in Punk or Swagger...i honestly dont know what i have to see to make me relise DB is the best.

this thread aint about DB btw, i just used him as an example...another case is ADR, what am i looking out for specifically?

As far as in the ring, I think one of the things that makes a great wrestler is how they work with their opponents. If you watch DB, you'll see that he sells shots well and can make the other person really step up their game. Same is for guys like Jericho and even Punk.
    What you're looking for is chemistry in the ring between the two opponents. If you get two guys who don't sell very well and whatnot, it makes for a pretty crap match (Khali is a great example of someone who just really sits there and does nothing). A great wrestler should bring out the best out of their opponent and really make the match amazing to watch.
    It's one of the reasons people have a problem with Cena, he doesn't sell very well and he's got an extremely limited move set that makes for the same match every time. A great wrestler should be able to have a different match every night and do something different.
    If you haven't watched the movie Breaking the Code, The Chris Jericho story, I would recommend doing so. It's on Netflix. He talks about what he learned as a wrestler in different places all over the world and how he brings that into his wrestling.
    That's just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by dashkatae View Post
    As far as in the ring, I think one of the things that makes a great wrestler is how they work with their opponents. If you watch DB, you'll see that he sells shots well and can make the other person really step up their game. Same is for guys like Jericho and even Punk.
    What you're looking for is chemistry in the ring between the two opponents. If you get two guys who don't sell very well and whatnot, it makes for a pretty crap match (Khali is a great example of someone who just really sits there and does nothing). A great wrestler should bring out the best out of their opponent and really make the match amazing to watch.
    It's one of the reasons people have a problem with Cena, he doesn't sell very well and he's got an extremely limited move set that makes for the same match every time. A great wrestler should be able to have a different match every night and do something different.
    If you haven't watched the movie Breaking the Code, The Chris Jericho story, I would recommend doing so. It's on Netflix. He talks about what he learned as a wrestler in different places all over the world and how he brings that into his wrestling.
    That's just my thoughts.
    First off, WELCOME dashkatae!

Second. I agree wholeheartedly with what you wrote. It's a lot about the chemistry. Not only does the wrestler pull off good moves, they make the moves of the other wrestler look good too. Dolph is another good example of someone who can pull off his own moves and makes the other persons moves look good too.

If a wrestler is good at both pulling the moves off and selling them, I look for how often they botch. That gives me an idea of how far along they are. Swagger will botch on occasions (I'm a fan of him), while Dolph botchs less frequently. SO, I put Dolph over Swagger.
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - FMA

Blog Entries
    This is not really about WWE......look for it in Time Machines

Quote Originally Posted by Blinker View Post
    First off, WELCOME dashkatae!

Second. I agree wholeheartedly with what you wrote. It's a lot about the chemistry. Not only does the wrestler pull off good moves, they make the moves of the other wrestler look good too. Dolph is another good example of someone who can pull off his own moves and makes the other persons moves look good too.

If a wrestler is good at both pulling the moves off and selling them, I look for how often they botch. That gives me an idea of how far along they are. Swagger will botch on occasions (I'm a fan of him), while Dolph botchs less frequently. SO, I put Dolph over Swagger.
    Thanks for the welcome. I don't know about the botch part since that can happen to even the best in the business. I look more for chemistry in the ring. A great wrestler should be able to pull a good match out of anyone and make it entertaining regardless of whom they're wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    This is not really about WWE......look for it in Time Machines
    hmmmmm...im not sure if it really fits in Time Machine...but nvm