A Double and a recent WWE firing.

As many of us now know, Austin Aries was rejected by WWE to appear in Tough Enough. With the release of the most recent winner (i don't know his name) and AA's success and over-ness in TNA, do you think WWE is kicking themselves? I wonder if he had a chance of winning TE at all if he was choosen.

Thoughts?

I think he would have been an amazing JOMO replacement.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    As many of us now know, Austin Aries was rejected by WWE to appear in Tough Enough. With the release of the most recent winner (i don't know his name) and AA's success and over-ness in TNA, do you think WWE is kicking themselves? I wonder if he had a chance of winning TE at all if he was choosen.

Thoughts?
    I am sure they don't care to much. But I thought it was strange since they had Aries do the voice work in WWE 12 and reject him from Tough Enough after pushing other guys from ROH
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

He probably got rejected because he was over qualified.

E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

Quote Originally Posted by CM Rock-Austin View Post
    This, tough enough was all about taking a regular Joe and turning him into a superstar. Austin Aries was already better then the vast majority of the active roster. Wouldn't have worked to have someone as talented as him on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfTheSilentMajority View Post
    This, tough enough was all about taking a regular Joe and turning him into a superstar. Austin Aries was already better then the vast majority of the active roster. Wouldn't have worked to have someone as talented as him on the show.
    Doesn't mean they couldn't have hired him to be on NXT... Their loss is TNA's gain as long as the continue to capitalize on using him the way he needs to be... Now if only TNA would do that with the other half of their talented roster.

Blog Entries
    WWE should have hired Aries before TNA picked him up, but not for Tough Enough. As has been said before, he just wouldn't have fit the premise of the show, as he was already an accomplished wrestler beforehand. Either a straight up deal like the offered the KOW or bringing him straight up to the main roster would have worked, however I don't think that either TE or NXT would have worked for him.

Andy "Silent Rage" was the mistake, if anything that the WWE should really be kicking themselves over. They had at least 3 guys that would have done better than he did, but they went with the sob story and the big guy all in one.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Rock-Austin View Post
    Exactly my thoughts wouldn't be much of a competition Andy Leavine throwing the shittest arm drag of all time next up AA hits a pendulum elbow you call it!!

Yeah, he was over-qualified. Hello? He is the greatest man who ever lived. The fact of the matter is that the WWE missed the boat on "A Double". The man is, by far, my current favorite wrestler to watch work. He is a throwback.....a classic. Austin Aries is on some pimp shit, and if I was TNA, I would be squeezing every second of air-time time outta him as I could. aries.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post

Thoughts?
    yeah I bet big johnny hasnt slept a wink since he let the internationally recognised super star Austin Aries slip through his fingers I mean his feud with bully ray wow I bet wwe would have given anything to get that on Raw leading into Wrestlemania it would have made Rock Cena and Punk Jericho seem irrelevant boring pointless and just not worth my time.