Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Drama in Efeds

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Well I think eventually they will have to put a new Moderator on board. Most of the current Moderators are getting quite restless as it is being up there and keeping the site clean. Nobody can do that forever, and eventually someone out of the five will step down.
    I don't think it's a case of one of them needing to step down. There's just more and more people on here and more and more for them to have to monitor and an extra moderator would help to relieve some of the pressure. But again it would have to be someone who other users can respect.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Personally I think a person should become a mod who has NOT been banned. I know a lot of people like to help out but, if you've been banned, myself included... you shouldn't be a mod. I'm level headed most of the time but I lash out. Same with TT and a few others. People also who are helpful in the same token turn around and throw things in peoples faces.

I say TDA, JMan or someone who is on all night. A lot of the efed drama seems to stem in those hours when mods typically aren't around. Not trying to say anything bad about anyone, just what I feel.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    Personally I think a person should become a mod who has NOT been banned. I know a lot of people like to help out but, if you've been banned, myself included... you shouldn't be a mod. I'm level headed most of the time but I lash out. Same with TT and a few others. People also who are helpful in the same token turn around and throw things in peoples faces.

I say TDA, JMan or someone who is on all night. A lot of the efed drama seems to stem in those hours when mods typically aren't around. Not trying to say anything bad about anyone, just what I feel.
    I agree with those guys as jman is possibly the most level headed person on here. And TDA as well from what I've seen. I would definetely put has not been banned on the criteria sheet as well.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Everyone makes mistakes though R(ob). Just because someone was banned a year ago doesn't mean they're still causing trouble or acting up. It's not like those people have criminal records or something.

I think it comes down to who's better for the job, other then what happened to someone else based on one man's judgement of the situation.

You'd be a good choice for the job, other then your work load.

It's also a bit of who has the time to do that volunteer position. A guy who's on for an hour a day can't exactly moderate the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    I don't think it's a case of one of them needing to step down. There's just more and more people on here and more and more for them to have to monitor and an extra moderator would help to relieve some of the pressure. But again it would have to be someone who other users can respect.
    I think they've said they are REALLY comfortable with five people.

And I can actually see why. I am really comfortable with having five and only five people on the creative team for HWA. It's perfect, not too big, not too small, and it's an odd number. Odd numbers help things like voting on important matters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes though R(ob). Just because someone was banned a year ago doesn't mean they're still causing trouble or acting up. It's not like those people have criminal records or something.

I think it comes down to who's better for the job, other then what happened to someone else based on one man's judgement of the situation.

You'd be a good choice for the job, other then your work load.

It's also a bit of who has the time to do that volunteer position. A guy who's on for an hour a day can't exactly moderate the forum.
    I agree about the time limit on banned people becoming a mod. I think if they're banned it should play into it but, only if it was a recent banning. You know what I mean? And I offered a while ago, they said no and that they have enough people.

I agree the person should be on for more than an hour and like I said, someone who's on enough during the (American) night time. I'd love to do it, and I'm sure others would as well but, I fall into my own criteria of not being a mod due to being banned recently. I'm certainly on all night but, it's not about ME (or my ego lol. ) its abot what's best for the site. I agree a new mod is needed, they (Frank and current mods) do not agree that more are needed unfortunately.