Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,251

    Autobiography DVD's

    I just finished watching Edge's new DVD (if you haven't a must watch) and i really liked it and know i want to see more DVD's like this so do any of ye have know any good ones?

  2. #2
    I ordered the Edge one on Blu-ray and it just came in today(haven't got around to watching it yet). The Jericho one is really cool too.

  3. #3
    I perfer reading the books to watching the DVD's, the Books cover more.

  4. #4
    Normal Member GreatMuta4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, a former mecca of wrestling
    Posts
    175
    Blog Entries
    2
    WWE has produced tons of great documentaries, and the great part is you can find some of the older ones really cheap. In no particular order:
    Dusty Rhodes: The American Dream Story
    The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling(sort of a biography of the Von Erichs)
    Stone Cold: The Bottom Line on...
    Jake the snake Roberts: Pick Your Poison(this is not exactly a fun one, but very compelling)
    Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen(this has Benoit on it so it's not likely to be in stores but Amazon has it)
    The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA(more of a biography of a company but a great watch)
    Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story
    The Road Warriors: The life and death of...
    The Rise and Fall of WCW(again a biography of a company, but a must-watch for any wrestling fan)

    there's tons more but those are my favorites

  5. #5
    Rise and fall of ecw
    Monday night wars
    Two of my faves.

    Beyond The Mat full doc


    Last edited by RobHimself; 04-21-2012 at 01:23 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RobHimself View Post
    Rise and fall of ecw
    Monday night wars
    Two of my faves.

    Beyond The Mat full doc


    Beyond the Mat destroyed my view of Jake Roberts, I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw that.

  7. #7
    The Trinity URATOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the phone to yo momma
    Posts
    2,966
    Sorry to be pedantic, but autobiographies are books written by the person themselves. To have an autobiographical DVD it would at least have to be written/scripted, if not also narrated, by the person it was about. Likewise DVDs about companies can't really be autobiographical. They can be self produced by the company, but would still only be documentaries.

    Back on topic, my favourite biographical WWE DVD is still 'Hard Knocks'.

    I'm also getting tempted to buy 20-1 when it comes out. Although it's only really a partial bio of Takers career. But I think having all those matches to rewatch would be cool. I just hope they let him and some of the opponents narrate the matches (as an optional commentary)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Sorry to be pedantic, but autobiographies are books written by the person themselves. To have an autobiographical DVD it would at least have to be written/scripted, if not also narrated, by the person it was about. Likewise DVDs about companies can't really be autobiographical. They can be self produced by the company, but would still only be documentaries.

    Back on topic, my favourite biographical WWE DVD is still 'Hard Knocks'.

    I'm also getting tempted to buy 20-1 when it comes out. Although it's only really a partial bio of Takers career. But I think having all those matches to rewatch would be cool. I just hope they let him and some of the opponents narrate the matches (as an optional commentary)
    As opposed to the wrestling that isn't scripted or planned in any way.
    Last edited by The Piper; 04-21-2012 at 09:44 AM.

  9. #9
    The Trinity URATOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the phone to yo momma
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    As apposed to the wrestling that isn't scripted or planned in any way.
    Did that make sense in your head?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Did that make sense in your head?
    It may have, I drift in and out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.