Thread: Boss Battles!

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Boss Battles!

Bosses can make or break a game. Some are just recognizable and really cool, while others just make you angry and you wonder why the developers did this. So this thread is dedicated to the greatest, weirdest, hardest and worst bosses in gaming. Here are some of mine...

Psycho Mantis from MGS- This was just crazy. He read your memory card and commented on your games, messed with the video and predicts your attacks apart from the now infamous "controller switch." Most MGS bosses are really cool, but Mantis stands out by just a bit.

*Shout out to The End and Sniper Wolf for great sniper battles and The Boss for the perfect end boss.

Giygas from Earthbound- This boss was really dark and terrifying when I first played the game. The game keeps telling your party that they will die throughout the fight and rubs it in with hateful words. The boss is a dark swirl and the most awful sound ever (the creator of the game said there was a scaring incident in his past when he saw a rape scene in a movie theater after walking into the wrong place). So what the boss is is still up for debate. But at the end, the game breaks the forth wall by asking you to pray to help stop him.

All of the colossi for Shadow of the Colossus- This was such a good game and each boss battle was epic. However, once you play the game you feel remorse for killing them which is unusual for the game. When I first played the game, my jaw dropped when I saw the size of these things.

Krauser and Wesker from RE- Both of these guys are big standouts in a game with some really iconic bosses. They were tough, had great back up stories with them, and had players rooting for them.

Gannon from TLP- Great ending to a great game. Most fans saw this as a return to greatness (I never had a problem with cute Link). The battle felt cinematic and gave you that feeling it should be a movie fight.

These are a few of mine so share yours please.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries

Never played this but that boss doesn't look fun lol

Can't really honestly point to 1 super hard boss personally that beats all bosses. I've beaten a lot of hard bosses.

I will say the most challenging boss I've faced recently was Rawr! in Fallout New Vegas.

I'm pretty beast on Fallout games so I'm usually on very hard difficulty.

Rawr! is the strongest Deathclaw in fallout and you're trapped in a quite small area near him. Basically 2 hits and you're dead. Thankfully after a few goes and with help with VATS I owned him.

What about this dude

Blog Entries
    I absolutely hate the final boss in No More Heroes!!!

He starts off to easy but then his second and third stages are incredibly annoying and hard. Plus when you kill him he dies with that stupid grim on his face
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk

I really hated Atlas in Bioshock, completely destroyed the mood of the game for me. Im not a fan of the boss in Fable 2 or 3 either if you can even call them bosses

Zesus from God of War was always a bastard to defeat. And i always struggle with General Ramm in GOW and the thing at the end of Doom.

No other bosses really spring to mind that are really difficult(2nd time round when you know how to defeat them) for me. But i dont play games like Resi Evil or Silent Hill and id imagine they must be tough at times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    I really hated Atlas in Bioshock, completely destroyed the mood of the game for me. Im not a fan of the boss in Fable 2 or 3 either if you can even call them bosses

Zesus from God of War was always a bastard to defeat. And i always struggle with General Ramm in GOW and the thing at the end of Doom.

No other bosses really spring to mind that are really difficult(2nd time round when you know how to defeat them) for me. But i dont play games like Resi Evil or Silent Hill and id imagine they must be tough at times.
    Resident Evil 4 had some of the best bosses in the series and playing it on the toughest difficulty was always annoying (especially Krauser).
    Metal Gear Solid bosses were amazing. Psycho Mantis pissed me off until I realized you had to switch controller ports in order to stop him from reading your mind
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Resident Evil 4 had some of the best bosses in the series and playing it on the toughest difficulty was always annoying (especially Krauser).
    Metal Gear Solid bosses were amazing. Psycho Mantis pissed me off until I realized you had to switch controller ports in order to stop him from reading your mind

Really? You havent mentioned it.

In all seriousness yeah Metal Gear Solid did have some great bosses. And the Physco Mantis gimmick was a nice touch because without that he wouldnt of been anything special, still good but not as well remembered.

My fav(from MGS)is Revolver Ocelot he has bags more character then Physco had.

Have to also add that alot of Beat em Up bosses i struggle with, Abyss was a pain in the arse on MVC and Mortal Kombats creature from Deadly Alliance(Murlock or summit) cos he never bled. And those Japanese Arcade shooters bosses are a real pain.