Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    Officially started RE6. Didn't get far as I am incredibly tired. I am a bit confused as I thought you would be able to pick which scenario you played first

However I have no problem starting as Leon. But, based on how it starts I think this will cut to a flashback of how it all starts and that is when you pick

Haven't played enough to say yay or nay. Will do that later in the afternoon

You do get to choose, you just have to do a training level with Leon first.

Finished one campaign the controls are awful making the game harder than it needs to be.

I've only got about 2 hours into Jake's campaign, but here are my immediate impressions:

- This game is a hot, spectacular mess. It's certainly a huge, ambitious adventure, but the scope seems to be to the game's detriment as it doesn't feel as tight and focused as previous entries in the series. Still, this is the videogame equivalent of a $200 million summer blockbuster.

- The action-heavy, bullet-timey approach of the thoroughly awful Paul W.S. Anderson movies seems to be the main source of inspiration for where the series is headed. "Bigger + louder = better" also seems to account for much of the logic at work.

- The permeating dread of the first couple of games and the suffocating tension of 4 (and to a lesser extent 5) appear to be notably absent here. For all of the eviscerated limbs, impalings, and other associated gore, I haven't gotten a real sense of horror quite yet.

- Feels decidedly more Gears of War than Resident Evil. Functions pretty well as a poor-man's Gears clone, though.

- Controls aren't quite as responsive as I'd like. The "quick turn", in particular, seems semi-broken.

- I'm not sure if it's the wildly uneven lighting at work here or what, but this actually looks to be a bit of a graphical downgrade from part 5. Some of the texture work ranges from atrocious to just, well, incomplete. Not one of Capcom's more polished titles.

- There's a crazy amount of options available here, so you can customize your game to suit however you want to play. I dig on that. And even though I've only really scratched the surface here, I can tell that there's a wealth of extra content to find and unlock. I dig on that, too.

So, yeah. As of this moment I'd probably rate the game somewhere between a 6 and a 6.5. I doesn't feel like much of a Resident Evil game, but that's not to say that there isn't still something worthwhile to play here. For those who didn't already make their minds up that they would love the game before actually playing it- I just suggest setting aside your expectations going in; you just might be surprised by how much you don't hate it.

Anyhoo, I'm off to play some more. Fingers crossed that shit gets better (or at least, doesn't get worse).

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Leon's story is pretty interesting so far, only 2 real compaints and that is that it takes way to long before you can use your skill points (Which I guess can be good seeing as that means you'll have quite a bit when said time comes) and I am having difficulty using the herbs

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Leon's story is pretty interesting so far, only 2 real compaints and that is that it takes way to long before you can use your skill points (Which I guess can be good seeing as that means you'll have quite a bit when said time comes) and I am having difficulty using the herbs
    Really? I took a break about 30 minutes into the game, and the option to spend my points was readily available via one of the menus as I was going back into the game.

I went to the skill menu but I can't do anything

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

I went to the skill menu but I can't do anything
    That menu is for toggling already purchased upgrades, I believe. To actually shop for said upgrades, you want to back out of your game and then go back into the campaign section. One of the selections will take you into the shop area.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    That menu is for toggling already purchased upgrades, I believe. To actually shop for said upgrades, you want to back out of your game and then go back into the campaign section. One of the selections will take you into the shop area.
    Yeah, finally figured that out. Feel a bit slow on that..

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Yeah, finally figured that out. Feel a bit slow on that..
    Don't feel bad, man. It was kind of a bizarre design choice to put the shop area where they did and then not bother to point players in the direction of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Don't feel bad, man. It was kind of a bizarre design choice to put the shop area where they did and then not bother to point players in the direction of it.
    Three chapters in to Leon's Campaign and I am finally getting the hang of things

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Three chapters in to Leon's Campaign and I am finally getting the hang of things
    I love how the "tutorial" with Leon at the beginning of the game only really serves to teach the stuff that's pretty much self-explanatory. But all of the other mechanics? They just dump you right in the middle of batshit crazy action and you sort of have to figure everything else out on your own. Took me almost the entirety of Jake's first chapter just to get the hang of how inventory management works.