Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it time for an adjustment to Dolph Ziggler's character?

I like Dolph Ziggler, however he has quickly been slipping from my fave five. The show off gimmick isn't working for me, lately I feel like I'm watching Billy Gunn 2.0. That tucked in pink shirt (not that there's anything wrong with pink) or the fuzzy vest? He should go back to the Miami Vice look and never do the fame-asser again. Don't get me wrong, that opportunity he had with Mick Foley before the Royal Rumble proved his ability to work the mic and we all know he can wrestle. But WTF? Brodus Clay just treated him like a jobber? He's not exactly stealing the show lately.

Is he lost in the shuffle and if so could a more serious character adjustment and separation from Vickie help get him back where he belongs?

see 3:00 - 5:00 of this video for what he could be

I love ziggler and though I understand what you are saying.. for me, it's olny a matter of time before he's in the title picture! Every time he's in the ring im glued to the screen, such a talented guy and the way he makes other people look good is an art! though he's got the Billy Gunn look the way he wrestles and sells remind's me of HBK!

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    I love ziggler and though I understand what you are saying.. for me, it's olny a matter of time before he's in the title picture! Every time he's in the ring im glued to the screen, such a talented guy and the way he makes other people look good is an art! though he's got the Billy Gunn look the way he wrestles and sells remind's me of HBK!
    You just convinced me to pull out WrestleMania 24 to watch the Ric Flair Shawn Michaels match, it's been so long since I've watched it, but I imagine it's a wrestling/sell-fest.

5:09 to 5:46, nuff said.

[thinks about midcard]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkilletBoi View Post
    5:09 to 5:46, nuff said.

wow...at least we know he has potential on the mic...

Zig needs to go to sd in the draft as he can challenge for a world title there as he doesn't stand a chance on raw now wit Brock rock tensai y2j cena punk and even Henry

yes yes yes

They need to let Ziggler cut promos like he does on ZTLIS. Dude is gold on the mic once he can break away from Vicky and Swagger. I see 2012 to be a good year for Ziggler.

YES! YES! YES!

Yeah... aN aTtiTuDe AdJusTmEnT LOLZ

Ziggler is probably the best in-ring guy they have right now. If he gets moved to Smackdown in the draft he could get more tv time and regain the momentum he had around the Rumble... and DAMN this guy deserves a world title run..!

In the ring the guy is great...but everything about his character is absolutely horrible.

His name is horrible...I think of Boogie Nights whenever I hear his name..I am waiting for his tag team partner to be Dirk Diggler

The Show off gimmick just wont work...He dosent give the fans any reason to boo him...The only heat he gets is because of association with Vicki. His character reminds me of the bad buy in an 80's teen movie. The WWE already did a show off gimmick...his name was Mr Perfect.

I think he needs to be completely repackaged to be taken seriously...new look...new gimmick...new name...new attitude.

Best way to do it is have him destroy his old charater...Turn insane heel who is attacking and inuring everyone...or face who is tired of people telling him what to wear, what to say, and what to call himself..