Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I agree with you on the PPVs but I'd cut it to 10 straight off and take 1 slot to promote on Spike in a "Clash of the Champions" role for Free and another via iPPV for a $5-10 charge. Still make money off of it, but use more of the younger guys and promote this as what Destination X used to be. Primary job is to get new guys out there and give the guys higher up a chance to rest up for a Lockdown or BFG event.

As for the Sting comment, yes. If they are going to use him as a wrestler, use him only for major events/angles. Build up things with small promos every few weeks and have him compete at PPVs or every other PPV. As for Hogan/Bischoff, they need to end it. Have Garret lose and go to Rah Ka King with Eric departing to the creative side and use a new angle for him to "twart" Hogan's power by ackowleging how much power creative has on the product. In the other direction, have Eric lose and leave to his own TV projects and send Garret to Rah Ka King to develop. Either way, get them both out for now, until Garret is developed and ready. As for Hogan in the GM, use it right. Weekly appearances is fine, but don't focus on him every other segment. It's evident that the fans are getting tired of him always being the focus and they need to see this. He'd be sutable for a credible GM so long as he isn't in front of the crowd at all times. The "Hogan giving the fans what they want" gimmick CAN work, so long as he "gives them what they want"... More action, and less of him and Bischoff.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    i like this blog a lot, hit certain things. I honesty think hulk hogan should go back to television and movies and when he is at radio stations tna should pay him only if he plugs certain things about tna, but hogan should be on a sitcom, this can garner new fans. the second show should be on saturday nights and should be knockout matches and x division with new wrestlers. They should create some story lines there and that would lead to impact. the second show could be matches from either house shows or impact zone, but if tna wants to get it bigger, they should let that b show be for the impact zone and impact show should go live and maybe hit up madison square garden.

Blog Entries
    NOOOOOO!!!!!! here's the real 8 things TNA needs to do

1. Fire Hogan
    2. Fire Eric Bishoff
    3. Fire Dixie Carter
    4. Fire Ric Flair
    5. Fire Eric's Son
    6. Fire Sting
    7. Fire Christy Hemme as ringside announcer
    8. Hire Scott Steiner as ringside announcer
    Last edited by Keith Stone; 04-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries

What Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling NEEDS To Do...

Here's my 2 cents on what I'd do with TNA...

TNA need's to buy out ROH and bring the ROH guys up to their roster, whilst pushing guys like Kazarian, Styles, Morgan, Roode, Storm, Pope, Jeff Hardy, Crimson, Angle and RVD as their main eventers in the title picture. Have Anderson, Ion, Williams, Magnus, Terry, Gunner, Young, Bully Ray and Aries and the regular mid-carders, with Bully Ray and Aries often feuding with the main eventers who aren't competing for the title. With the ROH guys in TNA, they can take advantage of having MCMG, Briscoe Brothers, World's Greatset Tag Team, Mike Mondo, Jay Lethal, Jimmy Jacobs, Davey Richards, Finaly, Eddie Edwards, Roderick Stong and Steve Corino all bringing credability to TNA's TV Championship and X-Devision championship. With Abyss thrown into the mix too, TNA would have a superb roster to rival WWE's, but they need the ROH guys first.
    I'd keep all the main event focus on guys like Kazerian and Styles; if TNA insist on still having Hogan, Flair and Sting compete in the ring, then these matches SHOULD NOT be the main event and they SHOULD NOT overshadow the championship matches.
    TNA have been through a big re-branding process with iMPACT Wrestling; so I'd keep the colour sceme of blue and white for iMPACT and red, yellow and black for PPVs.
    TNA needs the 6 sided ring back again ASAP. That's something I believe in very much.
    I loved it when they had the "Top Ten Ranking System"; I think this is something that gave TNA the edge over WWE; so I'd love it if TNA brought this back.
    Also, onscreen time limits for matches was a nice touch TNA used to back a few years ago.
    The PPV main event should always either be a World Championship or Tag Team Championship match.

My TNA roster would look like:

Wolrd Championship contenders:
    Kazarian, Styles, Morgan, Roode, Storm, Pope, Jeff Hardy, Crimson, Angle, Paul Burchill, Abyss and RVD

Tag Team Championship contenders:
    World's Greatest Tag Team, Briscoe Brothers, British Invasion, Motorcity Machine Guns, The Young Bucks, Ghetto Crash (Hernandez & D-Von, both also used as singles wrestlers), Tony Nese & Mark Haskins, The Basham Brothers, Lance Hoyt & Kid Kash, Harry Smith & Chavo Geurerro jr

TV Championship/ X-Division contenders:
    Anderson (occational main eventer), Ion, Williams, Magnus, Terry, Gunner, Young, Bully Ray (occational main eventer), Austin Aries (occational main eventer), Mike Mondo, Jay Lethal, Jimmy Jacobs, Davey Richards, Finaly, Eddie Edwards, Roderick Stong and Steve Corino, Garrett Bischoff (if TNA insist on having him on TV), John Morrison, Kenny Dykstra, Johnny Jeter, Nick Mitchel, Shawn Morley, Shannon Moore, Jimmy Yang, Ray Gordy, Drew Hankinson, Calito, MVP, Chris Masters (occational main eventer), Kevin Fertig, Manu and Mike Knox.

I'd make the emphasis on TNA's home grown tallent and the younger TNA/ ROH stars, rather than always putting over the older former WWE stars. Guys like Sean Morley and Ray Gordy can have great matches whilst getting the younger guys over.

I'd also hold an annual World X Cup, consisting of teams from America, Canada, UK, Mexico, Japan and International; I'd make this a big deal, perhaps with championship implicatons.

Senior Roster/ Managers/ Authority Figures:
    Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Brother Love. These guys shouldn't be wrestling very much at all; when they do they need to be either wrestling in matches that DON'T OVERSHADOW the main event or championship matchs. I'd love to see Hogan and Flair with one last championship run to add to their accomplishments, but is it really realistic for someone like Hogan to hold the strap whilst guys like Crimson and Angle are on the roster? Exactly.
    TNA need to focus on the wrestling and let the in ring work tell the stories. Regarding storylines, they used to have very intricate, ritch storylines that would unfold over several months; TNA should go back to this because at the moment, a feud seems to end before it's even started. For the love of god BUILD feuds! I like the idea of TNA having a Hardcore devision, but I think there are enough championship there at the moment and hardcore is becoming more and more common within regular matches.

Perhaps most importanly: Get the hell out of The iMPACT Zone!!! It's full of Universal Studios fans who think they might catch a glimpse of Hulk Hogan. No one at the iMPACT Zone cares about wrestling, let alone TNA. Lets tour the USA and UK (who adore TNA), and take advantage of places like Georgia where WCW used to stomp.

These changes wouldn't cost Dixie Carter and Chris Sobol a fortune (by their standards of money) and it would make TNA a very serious contender to WWE's spot.

Thoughts? Constructive criticism only please
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

well unfortunately hogan thinks that garrett is the future of tna which will mean that tna's future is going to the drain but i like your idea though

They can't afford to pay all that talent. I'd prefer TNA not buy ROH cuz I like watching ROH. Get to see guys like Lethal who were dumped off for salary purposes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    They can't afford to pay all that talent. I'd prefer TNA not buy ROH cuz I like watching ROH. Get to see guys like Lethal who were dumped off for salary purposes.
    I see what you mean. I'd like to see TNA cut a few of the guys like Anarquia etc. I think a lot of wrestlers are paid per appearance in TNA these days (I could be wrong); so they don't need to use everyone on every single show.

Perhaps if TNA bought ROH and still kept ROH as it is whilst also using the tallent as above?
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

Blog Entries
    I'm sure with the roster like the one above, TNA would be onto a massive profit in ratings. Anyone I haven't mentioned in my original post would be released from contract, so Anarquia, Samoa Joe and a handful of others. Unless TNA does something BIG with it's roster, it won't beable to compete with WWE :/
    There are only 65 wrestlers mentioned here; there are currently 39 active (male) wrestlers on the roster. If TNA scrap the Ring Ka King promotion and actually invest some of Dixie and Hogan's money into this as a serious project then achieving the 65 wrestlers mentioned above (on a pay per appearance basis) wouldn't be unrealistic.
    Last edited by Lucas Chapel; 04-16-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

Time limit on screen seems to clutter the screen. It would probably annoy me, and many others (there's a reason why network logos are pretty small at the top corner of the screen; and normally opaque). 6-sided ring wasn't THAT great. I was never a fan and it made the ring look small. Terrible for big man matches. I'm sure a few talents complained that it was just awkward to maneuver round too.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    Time limit on screen seems to clutter the screen. It would probably annoy me, and many others (there's a reason why network logos are pretty small at the top corner of the screen; and normally opaque). 6-sided ring wasn't THAT great. I was never a fan and it made the ring look small. Terrible for big man matches. I'm sure a few talents complained that it was just awkward to maneuver round too.
    But the 6 sided ring WAS Total Non-Stop Action. Everyone hated it when they brought the 4 sided ring back. It opens a lot more options in sequences. A big man match wouldn't suffer from a 6 sided ring, it just wouldn't be aided very much by it either. Perhaps having the time limit flash up quickly every 3 minutes? Like a Twitter plug or something.
    I also would have made iMPACT 3 hours long like Nitro used to be. With a 3 hour show iMPACT and Xplosion and no Ring Ka King anymore, TNA could kater for so much.
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!