Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    What's Your Favorite Old School Wrestling Game?

    Mine happens to be from a franchise that has no ties to WWF or WCW, its brought to us by Capcom and features Mike Hagger of Final Fight/MVC3 fame. The game is called Saturday Night Slam Masters. The title featured crazy gimmick characters, and a very good combat system that still holds up today.




    Kris Jones
    TLR

  2. #2
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,593
    Blog Entries
    7
    Smackdown 1 and 2 for PS1.

    Back then they were amazing.

    "Ropebreak!" lol
    E-fedding
    Van Hooligan X
    4 time World Champion
    Only 2 time dual World Champion
    Won more awards than your best character has had #1 contender matches
    APW co-founder
    Hall of Famer

    Most successful wrestler of all time
    1 of the most successful managers of all time
    Member of the greatest faction of all time (The Clique)
    1/2 of the great tag team of all time (The Infection w/Carlos Alberto Ramon)
    The destroyer of EFeds (w/Dennis)

  3. #3
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,802
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by ThelegitReview Tlr View Post
    Mine happens to be from a franchise that has no ties to WWF or WCW, its brought to us by Capcom and features Mike Hagger of Final Fight/MVC3 fame. The game is called Saturday Night Slam Masters. The title featured crazy gimmick characters, and a very good combat system that still holds up today.




    Kris Jones
    TLR
    First off welcome to the forums. Next that guy who lost the first match reminds me a lot of Blanka.
    Also No Mercy was always one of my favorite old games. You could do a lot in it at the time and some stuff we need back in new games

    -Smackdown Mall
    -Storymode for EACH title in existence at the time
    -After you won the title, you can play the story mode again and get a different angle where you defend the belt
    -Losing actually affects the story, and in order to complete the story 100% for each belt, you have lose some matches to trigger different angles
    -Each wrestler got 4 attires (you could alter their attires as well so if you want the Rock to dress as Stone Cold then do it)
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Smackdown 1 and 2 for PS1.

    Back then they were amazing.

    "Ropebreak!" lol
    This^^^^^^
     

  5. #5
    Smackdown 2. No wrestling game has come close since IMO

  6. #6
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,882
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Subject Zero View Post
    Smackdown 2. No wrestling game has come close since IMO
    YES!
    I loved playing that game! Played it endlessly with my brother.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  7. #7
    No Mercy, all day long.

    And even though it's a little bit of a stretch, Def Jam: Fight for NY. It plays just like the awesome N64 wrestling games (World Tour, Revenge, 'Mania 2000 and No Mercy) and remains one of the pinnacles of the entire genre (in my estimation, at least).


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    No Mercy, all day long.

    And even though it's a little bit of a stretch, Def Jam: Fight for NY. It plays just like the awesome N64 wrestling games (World Tour, Revenge, 'Mania 2000 and No Mercy) and remains one of the pinnacles of the entire genre (in my estimation, at least).
    I totally back this up 100%.. All the N64 THQ/AKI games were amazing (WWE & WCW versions), which the spiritual successors (The first two Def Jam games) followed suit in putting out addictive wrestling games with the addition to the most stiff and brutal finishing maneuvers in wrestling game history.. Here's a vid to share those very finishers:






    To the thread creator: Saturday Night Slam Masters was on my list of favorite games of all time.. I used to spend lots of quarters playing that at the arcades..

  9. #9
    God SLEEPY LOCO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Posts
    2,317
    1. WWF No Mercy
    2. WWF Wrestlmania 2000
    3. WcW vs. nWo: Revenge
    4. WcW vs. nWo: World Tour
    5. WWE '12



    "I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."



  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    I totally back this up 100%.. All the N64 THQ/AKI games were amazing (WWE & WCW versions), which the spiritual successors (The first two Def Jam games) followed suit in putting out addictive wrestling games with the addition to the most stiff and brutal finishing maneuvers in wrestling game history.. Here's a vid to share those very finishers:

    That video is chock full o' awesome.

    Man, I really wish I knew what went wrong with Icon, as it's probably one of my bigger gaming disappointments from this current generation. They desperately need to get this series back on track.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.