Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Member Daffy Duck's Finest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I think in large part it comes down to 4 things

1. the Z: True long island story introduced a level of connection to the fans that WWE usually does not allow. That was something new and exciting (at the time), and so it got a lot of attention.

2. People like to see the scrappy underdog succeed. Here is this guy that was essentially a jobber on superstars, who couldn't buy a Raw or Smackdown match that lasted longer than 2 minutes, let alone any sort of real run with a title, and he goes and finds a way to promote himself anyway, regardless of the WWEs seeming lack of interest in promoting him. That made a lot of people (myself included) applaud him and want to see him find some measure of success, since it is obvious from his videos that he is very passionate about the business.

3. He is the first star in this era to really do what guys like SCSA, Jericho and The Rock did by pushing to get a spot and finding new ways to get over and make a name for himself, (Not saying that he is on the same level, just that he had the same mindset) instead of just whining about it like Matt Hardy did. That is one of the biggest things missing in the WWE today imo.

4. What I have taken to calling the hipster fetish. the idea that anyone who isn't mainstream must be inherently better than someone who is more mainstream. Basically it's like rooting for the underdog, just taken to an extreme level. I think these are the guys pushing for him to win the WWE title in the next month and other foolishness like that. It's the same thing that keeps shitty garage bands in some level of business, because at a certain point the actual quality becomes a non-factor because he is "fighting the machine, man" (Not saying that Ryder is'nt talented, just my belief that it really doesn't matter to a few people who are his biggest supporters)

Myself, I like Zack Ryder. I have a great deal of respect for the testicular fortitude he displayed in finding a new way to connect to the fans and get over, and I am happy to see that it worked out for him. I don't see him ever really getting out of the midcard, or perhaps getting to be a transitional champ for one of the big 2 belts, but he is an entertaining guy, and really that's what it is all about.
    Great post.

WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2011: 9th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2012: 27th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2013: 18th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2014: 37th

EWN Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Champion 2012

Blog Entries
    people like him because he sold himself and his character to the people and the people accepted so when the fans began to notice the injustice of the WWE politics they responded by chanting we want ryder loud and proud. If it wasn't for the fans Zack would probabilly be released by now but that's not the case. The same thing is happening for Daniel Bryan

I like him since ECW WOO WOO WOO!
    ‚Äč

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jryder View Post
    I like him since ECW WOO WOO WOO!
    ......i don't know it.
    A star in the making

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy Duck's Finest View Post
    Great post.
    Thanks, I have given this way too much thought

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Black Ninja!
    Thanks, I have given this way too much thought
    That may be the case but nonetheless. Great answer for the rest of us to read.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries

1. the Z: True long island story introduced a level of connection to the fans that WWE usually does not allow. That was something new and exciting (at the time), and so it got a lot of attention.

2. People like to see the scrappy underdog succeed. Here is this guy that was essentially a jobber on superstars, who couldn't buy a Raw or Smackdown match that lasted longer than 2 minutes, let alone any sort of real run with a title, and he goes and finds a way to promote himself anyway, regardless of the WWEs seeming lack of interest in promoting him. That made a lot of people (myself included) applaud him and want to see him find some measure of success, since it is obvious from his videos that he is very passionate about the business.

3. He is the first star in this era to really do what guys like SCSA, Jericho and The Rock did by pushing to get a spot and finding new ways to get over and make a name for himself, (Not saying that he is on the same level, just that he had the same mindset) instead of just whining about it like Matt Hardy did. That is one of the biggest things missing in the WWE today imo.

4. What I have taken to calling the hipster fetish. the idea that anyone who isn't mainstream must be inherently better than someone who is more mainstream. Basically it's like rooting for the underdog, just taken to an extreme level. I think these are the guys pushing for him to win the WWE title in the next month and other foolishness like that. It's the same thing that keeps shitty garage bands in some level of business, because at a certain point the actual quality becomes a non-factor because he is "fighting the machine, man" (Not saying that Ryder is'nt talented, just my belief that it really doesn't matter to a few people who are his biggest supporters)

Myself, I like Zack Ryder. I have a great deal of respect for the testicular fortitude he displayed in finding a new way to connect to the fans and get over, and I am happy to see that it worked out for him. I don't see him ever really getting out of the midcard, or perhaps getting to be a transitional champ for one of the big 2 belts, but he is an entertaining guy, and really that's what it is all about.
    This is such a great post Asher, it puts everything into perspective. Great job mate

Btw everything he said is why I like Zack Ryder.
    I'm jus sayin...

Blog Entries
    y'all realize I have to go make like 20 dick jokes now to balance everything out, right?

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

I have to admit out of all the explanations I have seen today yours is simply the best.

Is their anymore anybody would like to add?
    A star in the making

I just don't like him at all