Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    The Trinity Dr. Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Where I'm at.
    Posts
    3,069
    Blog Entries
    14
    I've seen alot of names throughout this thread, all of which had good points (kinda), but the true proverbial torch carrier at this time is Hornswoggle who got it passed to him from Lord Littlebrook. HHH was the "Man" from approximately 2001 through 2007, then it was Edge and Cena as the top guys. But nobody ever took the "torch" from Hornswoggle. I hear Meatball might try for the "torch" this year.


    UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendsMadeWrestling View Post
    What the fuck is this torch thing there is no torch either your a bad ass wrestling entertainer who can put on great wrestling matched and great entertainment for the fans every live/ppv show then your the number 1 guy. The only reason Cena is the number 1 guy is because he does make a wish foundation that's it but he doesn't know how to entertain a whole crowd if they let him he just does it for the people who buy his merchandise that's why he will never be called one The Best Wrestling Entertainers just a Kid Entertainer who was best at selling merchandise that's it. So please stop with bullshit torches
    I really cant see how because John Cena does things for make a wish that makes him the Number 1 Guy, that is irrelevant to the torch passing comment. If this was a discussion about Cena turning Heel I could see your point of view but its not, so that is a waste of time even brining it and it makes you sound almost bitter cena likes doing things for charity,

    you have to remember my friend WWE is not all about wrestling anymore and it has'nt been for a very long time Id say Long before cena even debuted! lets face facts John Cena is face of the company because he is the only guy who is trustworthy enough to carry the company he can handle the politics,his face is marketable, he draws money, he makes a ton of money on merchandise aside from that does a lot for charity and has put a lot of younger talent over

    yes the guy sucks in the ring but if you want wrestling that is pure Im afraid you have to turn to ROH because wwe is no longer about wrestling.

    back to the point HHH passed the torch (btw the torch is a more common term for "brass ring" of the guy who is in the main events ) to Cena at WM 22 before that HHH pretty much carried wwe through 2003 -2005 as a mega heel which is a essay in itself considering HHH's power position at the time.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    I've seen alot of names throughout this thread, all of which had good points (kinda), but the true proverbial torch carrier at this time is Hornswoggle who got it passed to him from Lord Littlebrook. HHH was the "Man" from approximately 2001 through 2007, then it was Edge and Cena as the top guys. But nobody ever took the "torch" from Hornswoggle. I hear Meatball might try for the "torch" this year.
    now hornswoggle is going into Movies he may come back in 7 years a huge star and challenge the next top midget to a once in a lifetime match

    I can see it now,

  4. #24
    If HHH did have the tourch he already passed it to cena at mania

  5. #25
    Fresh Member A.Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Where wrestling matters or the 1990's
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by gumball View Post
    ok since ive been a wrestling fan here are the true torch bearers in wwe and heres a list of guys they tried to give the torch too but remember with 2heavweight titles in wwe you have to assume that the title that is on raw is the flag ship title these days its the wwe title but it use to be the world title but i think its more definitive line now an way .................

    torch bearers from the late 70's till today plus thier supprting torch bearer

    1. bob backlund/iron sheik
    2.hulk hogan/randy savage + ultimate warrior
    3 bret hart/ kevin nash (diesel) + lex uger
    4 shawn michaels /psycho sid
    5 stone cold/the rock
    6 HHH/jbl
    7. john cena/ randy orton

    now this is just my opinion if you really want to know the true torch bearer of the wwe over the past 20 years its the undertaker hands down that guy has carried the torch in the wwe longer then any wrestler the wwe willl never be the same once he hangs up his boots.
    I like what you wrote, I like to ad a twist on it. Triple H put over Batista and JBL did the same for Cena back in 2005. I wouldn't call is passing the torch as much but more helping these two guys become M.E.

    Cena has lasted longer then Dave which says alot about which one of the two was the bigger superstar
    Don't sing it... Bring it!!!

  6. #26
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by ToWhomItConcerns. View Post
    I've never liked the whole "passing the torch" thing.

    I think usually people try to place that label on faces. Generally you don't hear that about heels (except for Flair, Michaels and maybe H)

    Usually whenever you hear about people having "the torch" its Hogan, Austin, Rock, Sting (in WCW).
    Agreed with that. Its always the popular faces that have or had the proverbial torch. Forget about it and enjoy the show fellas!!

  7. #27
    I don't like the term "passing the torch". I think HHH was someone who could be relied on to headline pay per views and draw decent numbers. Other people in my opinion who have held a similar position include:
    Hulk Hogan
    Bret Hart
    Shawn Michaels
    Triple H
    The Undertaker
    The Rock
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Edge
    Randy Orton
    John Cena
    Cm Punk

  8. #28
    I Don't Think So Whitch Is A Shame Really All That Time Through The Late 99s When Austin Was On Top Putting The Wwe Back On Top Again In The Raitings War It Was Not Just Austin Doing The All The Hard Work, Triple H/DX Was Just Has Hard Woring As He Was Some Times Tiple H Would Be Actually Having Better Matches Than Austin, His Matches With The Rock, With Owen Hart, And Mick Foley They Were Awesome So I Think It Should Have Been Triple H Winning The Title From Austin In Summer 1999 At The SummerSlam Not Foley Triple H Deserved It More. So In My Opinion No He Didn't Get The Torch Passed.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterjb1980 View Post
    I Don't Think So Whitch Is A Shame Really All That Time Through The Late 99s When Austin Was On Top Putting The Wwe Back On Top Again In The Raitings War It Was Not Just Austin Doing The All The Hard Work, Triple H/DX Was Just Has Hard Woring As He Was Some Times Tiple H Would Be Actually Having Better Matches Than Austin, His Matches With The Rock, With Owen Hart, And Mick Foley They Were Awesome So I Think It Should Have Been Triple H Winning The Title From Austin In Summer 1999 At The SummerSlam Not Foley Triple H Deserved It More. So In My Opinion No He Didn't Get The Torch Passed.

    errrm your forgetting some very Important parts to ALL this, HHH beat mankind on Raw night after summerslam then beat The rock on the smackdown in the same week! later that year HHH beat austin at No mercy 1999, Mick Foley again in 2000 he then beat austin again at No way out 2001 then from 2002 onwards beat everyone apart from batista.

    So The proverbial Torch was passed to HHH In august of 1999 onwards :-)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.